Brazilian gang arrived in Massachusetts

And my girlfriend doesn't understand why I won't go to Framingham unarmed.... [rolleyes]

it made the list twice so it must be extra special.

It was a firearms trafficking case north of Boston that started the investigation. When the arrest of 14 members took place recently, authorities discovered gang members were either committing crimes or living in Boston, Malden, Everett, Somerville, Framingham, Peabody, Revere, Marlborough, Weymouth, Framingham, Maynard, Lowell, Chelsea and Abington, authorities said.

Easy. Just give each of these gangsters $1000/month cash if they promise not to do anymore crimes and vote democrat. Jack.

You mean they haven't already done that? [shocked]

They did. In California. Sacramento is spending $1.5 million essentially paying gang members to behave themselves. Snopes denies this, while also stating that Sacramento is spending $1.5 million essentially paying gang members to behave themselves.

Elise Trouw...
pcodWH7.jpg

I miss the other things that used to come from Brazil...
"Tall and tan, and young and lovely..."

I was, of course, (generally) familiar with the song, but hadn't before really stopped to consider where Ipanema was, so I called it up in Wiki, and found:
Etymology
The word "Ipanema" comes from the Tupi language and possibly means "stinky lake", from upaba ("lake") and nem ("stinky") or "bad water; river without fish" from y ("water") and panema ("bad").[1][2][3]
Ipanema - Wikipedia

"The Girl from Stinky Lake" ??

Hold up. One dude was named Igor?

It's the friggin russians, guys. Not the peace loving Brazilian refugees. This story is clearly an anecdote.

They did. In California. Sacramento is spending $1.5 million essentially paying gang members to behave themselves. Snopes denies this, while also stating that Sacramento is spending $1.5 million essentially paying gang members to behave themselves.

I thought I remembered something about that.

Back in my carousing days, the hottest, most aggressive strippers at the RI clubs were Brazilian girls. Just sayin. This is 20+ years ago. I wonder if I was part of a gang attack and didn't know it. I didn't feel gang-banged. LOL

Hold up. One dude was named Igor?

It's the friggin russians, guys. Not the peace loving Brazilian refugees. This story is clearly an anecdote.

What, you don't know Brazilian guys named Igor? I do. It's like knowing an Italian guy named Pasquale or a Portuguese guy named Paulo Costa. Everyone knows a Paulo Costa. Or a French Canadian guy named Roland.

We need to import some Brazilian cops. Off-duty. They're ruthless when they're off-duty.

Elise Trouw is not Brazilian... She's a California Girl.
I posted her because she sings "The Girl from Ipanema"... nicely.
Not because she's the end of the Rat Line...

All of the best looking Brazilian girls have one thing in common. They are not Brazilian. They are German. Grandpa was a Nazi who fled Germany and settled in Nazi friendly Brazil. Gisele Bundchen? Elise Trouw? Riiiight... they are as Brazilian as Eva Braun.

I wouldn't know but Google thinks Elise Trouw was born in California. No connection to Brazil as far as I can determine.

She could still be a Nazi of course, she'll have to deny that herself.

I posted her because she sings "The Girl from Ipanema"... nicely.

Be that as it may, I can never unlearn the fact that "Ipanema" means "Stinky Lake/Bad Water" - so now on contemplating The Girl From there, all I can picture is some female creature from the black lagoon.

You MENSA guys... Always stuck in a rut. [smile]

*until you figure out everything there is to know about ruts, being stuck, and extricating one's self from said rut...

Last edited:
Be that as it may, I can never unlearn the fact that "Ipanema" means "Stinky Lake/Bad Water" - so now on contemplating The Girl From there, all I can picture is some female creature from the black lagoon.

So you made me Google it.

Ipanema (Portuguese pronunciation: [ipaˈnẽmɐ]) is a neighborhood located in the South Zone of the city of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), between Leblon and Arpoador. The beach at Ipanema became known internationally with the popularity of the bossa nova jazz song, "The Girl from Ipanema" ("Garota de Ipanema"), written by Antônio Carlos Jobim and Vinícius de Moraes.

Ipanema (Portuguese pronunciation: [ipaˈnẽmɐ]) is a neighborhood located in the South Zone of the city of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), between Leblon and Arpoador. The beach at Ipanema became known internationally with the popularity of the bossa nova jazz song, "The Girl from Ipanema" ("Garota de Ipanema"), written by Antônio Carlos Jobim and Vinícius de Moraes.

I know, but that etymology... [laugh]

It's kinda like cue marks at the movies, back when they still came on 20-minute reels. Once you learn about them, you can't not see them. (Especially when you used to be a projectionist on a pair of WWII-era carbon arc projectors.)

Back
Top Bottom