Brazilian gang arrived in Massachusetts

The Girl From Stinky Lake?

iu

This ^

Framingham has very different areas. North (Pinefield/Nobscot) is middle class with a large Jewish population, although it is becoming much more varied since I grew up there. South is much more dense, lower income, multifamily and apartments, and has unfortunately become a bit of a pit. The southwest area that was little Italy, is quite a bit better but the primarily Italian area is now a mix of old Italian families and new Brazilian families (but not the pit the rest of the South is). Then there is the upper class northwest Edmunds Road area, large houses, more land, I've heard there are a couple pro athletes living there.

Brazilians are just the latest immigrant group to move there. And I had some great Brazilian neighbors, polite, industrious, and they made an effort to learn the language. Even had some kids in the neighborhood that went around looking for driveways to shovel. But go further south and there is a gang problem.

Actually, the Brazilians were some of the first "furriners" in town. One of the first big businesses in town was the Para Rubber Company, and they brought in Brazilians as experts on the product.

Yes, there are sketchy areas (mostly near Ashland! [laugh]), but I have to say that all the Brazilians' businesses were very welcoming of my gringo commerce!

This ^

Framingham has very different areas. North (Pinefield/Nobscot) is middle class with a large Jewish population, although it is becoming much more varied since I grew up there. South is much more dense, lower income, multifamily and apartments, and has unfortunately become a bit of a pit. The southwest area that was little Italy, is quite a bit better but the primarily Italian area is now a mix of old Italian families and new Brazilian families (but not the pit the rest of the South is). Then there is the upper class northwest Edmunds Road area, large houses, more land, I've heard there are a couple pro athletes living there.

Brazilians are just the latest immigrant group to move there. And I had some great Brazilian neighbors, polite, industrious, and they made an effort to learn the language. Even had some kids in the neighborhood that went around looking for driveways to shovel. But go further south and there is a gang problem.

I call it North Ko..., um, North Framingham, South Framingham and with the DMZ in the middle. Where the DMZ is everything between Rt 9 and Rt 135.

I do refuse to call Spicer the "Supreme Leader", though.

Be that as it may, I can never unlearn the fact that "Ipanema" means "Stinky Lake/Bad Water" - so now on contemplating The Girl From there, all I can picture is some female creature from the black lagoon.

What does the study of bugs have to do with anything being discussed?!?

;)

:D

Frank

Since when has that stopped us from posting nonsense?

Bob

Back
Top Bottom