• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Braintree: Anyone live there?

Looking to move sometime soon and am wondering how Braintree is for renewals. The town rights thread has them as orange so that doesn't tell me much. Are they inconsistent as far as initial licensing goes or across the board? Have they been known to neuter renewals at all?

I have friends in Braintree, whom I hang out with. We're all shooting peeps, they have no problem at all, but their renewal times have been a bit longer as of late. We've all had out LTCs for quite a few years now. I couldn't really tell you how things are for first time exercisers of their 2A rights. Come to think of it, One friend moved from Hanover to Braintree, and had no problem renewing his LTC, - to class A, and that was post CT.

Last edited:
Well, I can't really answer you.... as the thread indicates, Braintree is "confused" .... Mine is unrestricted. I have heard some people getting a Restricted though. As far as renewals, I'm on my first go-around so don't know. And also - we just got a new CoP.

Not sure how true this is, but I was under the belief that once you have your lic. you have it unless you do something wrong. Since the renewal town is not issuing it, they tend to me more lenient. Also from what I have been told, only the issuing town can change your restrictions etc.

Please correct me if I am wrong, if anyone out there knows more.

i live in Braintree(since 2009) and have become friendly with the Licensing officer..super nice guy.Officer Twohig. . have had my LTC a few years now and unrestricted class A. I like the area and wont be renewing for for awhile tho. I know there was a new chief I believe like Cindy said...but i am not sure if the officer I know moved on from his spot(been prob 4 months since i talked to him) ? I will prob get intouch with him in may when i am back state side. but over all I like where i am there..close to BRP and a great location in general

Tried to have my restrictions lifted .refused. Also wanted 5 letters of recommendation on a RENEWAL. I asked why? Said cause it was originally given in Weymouth. I got into how ridiculous it was and he said if I did not have the recommendations he would not issue a renewal. I showed up to pick it up without the letters. He sighed and handed me the license with restrictions.

Tried to have my restrictions lifted .refused. Also wanted 5 letters of recommendation on a RENEWAL. I asked why? Said cause it was originally given in Weymouth. I got into how ridiculous it was and he said if I did not have the recommendations he would not issue a renewal. I showed up to pick it up without the letters. He sighed and handed me the license with restrictions.

What a complete pile of horse shit. Quincy isn't as nice as Braintree, but it is as green as it gets if you are 25+

i havent had to renew myself yet but if you have to produce 5 more letters that wouldnt be cool..i allready did my 5 originally

i live in Braintree(since 2009) and have become friendly with the Licensing officer..super nice guy.Officer Twohig. . have had my LTC a few years now and unrestricted class A. I like the area and wont be renewing for for awhile tho. I know there was a new chief I believe like Cindy said...but i am not sure if the officer I know moved on from his spot(been prob 4 months since i talked to him) ? I will prob get intouch with him in may when i am back state side. but over all I like where i am there..close to BRP and a great location in general

Off. Twohig is still the LO, at least as of 3 weeks ago [wink]

48yrs in braintree class A unrestricted nothing wrong with Officer Twohig he is a great guy friendly and easy to deal with.

Class of '82

renewed mine there...he wanted 5 new letters of recommendation and would not lift restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom