• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brain Trust help - S&W 659 parts

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
Went shooting today to blow off steam.

Brought both of my 659's

New one shot like a dream. Trigger is a little more stiff than my other one, but still a damn fine handgun.

During shooting my older one lost the decocker/safety lever for the right hand side. Seems this was a common problem for the design, as they switched from a regular machine screw to a different retention system later in production.

Anyone have a source for 1980's S&W Auto parts? Every place I have found online just has the updated style, not the original one with the machine screw.

Not that it helps, but I see barrel/slides at shows all the time, they pretty much always have the safety parts.

I'm a fan of these guns, so I tend to notice them and parts.

Numrich emailed me back with a link to the parts I needed. They were buried on the 659 parts page because they didn't have a number in the diagram.

Glad you found what you needed.

Numrich is always my first stop for older gun parts. They had springs and other parts for 60's vintage .22 rifles that I was working with.....cheap too.

Back
Top Bottom