• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boxing Star Arrested over Concealed Handgun: ‘I’d Rather Be Safe Than Sorry’

Former heavyweight world champion boxer Deontay Wilder was arrested on a concealed gun charge Tuesday and, after posting bond, tweeted, “I’d rather be safe than sorry.”

FOX News reported that 37-year-old Wilder was arrested in Hollywood around 1:15 a.m. after police found a concealed gun in his Rolls Royce.

Will he become a PP?
Not sure if they changed the law, but first offense for illegal carry in CA used to be basically a crap grade misdemeanor. I called it the "Mulligan law...." basically you could carry illegally at least until you got caught the first time...... there were some gun trainers from Cali that quite obviously were using that to their advantage, although they would never admit it in public.

They are going to search anyway .
Unless you have video showing otherwise you "Consented".
The lawyer this guy is going to hire will absolutely shred a non-consent search.

You'd think cops would know better. Because when your case gets shredded, it establishes case law. Once a precedent is established it essentially becomes 'law'.

I did a vehicle stop once. My lazy ass partner walks up and just opens the door of the vehicle, didn't bother with asking for anything. I told the driver, have a nice day, closed the door on my partner and walked back to my truck. He asked why I did that. I said, even if there was a thousand pounds of cocaine in the vehicle, you shit all over my stop and I didn't want to have to explain his retard mistake to my boss, the USA, and Chief Counsel.

The lawyer this guy is going to hire will absolutely shred a non-consent search.

You'd think cops would know better. Because when your case gets shredded, it establishes case law. Once a precedent is established it essentially becomes 'law'.

I did a vehicle stop once. My lazy ass partner walks up and just opens the door of the vehicle, didn't bother with asking for anything. I told the driver, have a nice day, closed the door on my partner and walked back to my truck. He asked why I did that. I said, even if there was a thousand pounds of cocaine in the vehicle, you shit all over my stop and I didn't want to have to explain his retard mistake to my boss, the USA, and Chief Counsel.
You would like to think that they would know better.
I knew one cop that used to carry a tylonol in his shirt pocket to drop on the floor of a car he wanted to search .
"I saw what appeared to be drugs in the car your honor. "
Consent or not, if they want to search , they are going to search.
There needs to be more like you.

Back
Top Bottom