Bought my first gun.....................

Yessssssssssssss!!!! Just picked up my first gun, Ruger GP100 SS 4" barrel! A member here on the site reached out to me a couple days ago and volunteered to show me around one of the local firing ranges. Needless to say..................I CANT WAIT![banana]

Yessssssssssssss!!!! Just picked up my first gun, Ruger GP100 SS 4" barrel! A member here on the site reached out to me a couple days ago and volunteered to show me around one of the local firing ranges. Needless to say..................I CANT WAIT![banana]

Congrats Slickrick.

Congrats, and ALWAYS remember muzzle control keeping the business end pointed in a safe direction, and trigger discipline finger off trigger until you are ready for the bullet to come out of the business end. Stay safe, and enjoy

That was my first too. I love the GPs and I think you will come to too. Great first gun to learn on. Enjoy many, many, MANY range trips to come.

The SP101 was my first gun and I remember it fondly. Congratulations on a terrific first acquisition.

Congrats, and ALWAYS remember muzzle control keeping the business end pointed in a safe direction, and trigger discipline finger off trigger until you are ready for the bullet to come out of the business end. Stay safe, and enjoy

Thanks everyone! No doubt grizquad, in fact it may have been a million years ago but I can still hear my drill sergeant yelling that in my ear............I dont think I will ever forget that.

I might add that I made my purchase at a shop in Western MA, Westfield to be exact, B G Sporting Inc. After calling many, many gun shops I finally found what I was looking for there. I dont really have anything to compare it too but the people there were helpful and very friendly. Gun case seemed to be well stocked as well as all sorts of other sporting gear. I was there on a Thursday (today) around noon time and it was pretty busy. Everyone seemed to know eachother, not sure if that is the norm for gun shops but I can say that I really liked this place.

Thanks everyone! No doubt grizquad, in fact it may have been a million years ago but I can still hear my drill sergeant yelling that in my ear............I dont think I will ever forget that.

I might add that I made my purchase at a shop in Western MA, Westfield to be exact, B G Sporting Inc. After calling many, many gun shops I finally found what I was looking for there. I dont really have anything to compare it too but the people there were helpful and very friendly. Gun case seemed to be well stocked as well as all sorts of other sporting gear. I was there on a Thursday (today) around noon time and it was pretty busy. Everyone seemed to know eachother, not sure if that is the norm for gun shops but I can say that I really liked this place.

like everyone has been saying....its an addiction, thus you do become very familiar with the people at gun shops. you will hang out and learn, learn and learn more! oh and buy lots more!

It's the regular for a good gun shop, places that treat customers good have customers coming back in often enough both for guns and ammo and as relationships build even just to shoot the shit. If people go just for business and don't know each other either not a great gun shop in the area or just a huge and busy shop that doesn't build relationships.

You've been here since August of last year and just bought your first gun?!? Shame on you! You're going to find it hard living up to your first year's gun-a-month club membership if you start this late. Just a few weeks left to buy 11 guns. Aaannnnnnddddd, GO.

Seriously though, congrats. You made a solid choice for the first one.

ETA: UGH. I never heard of them so I just looked at their website. The home page was riddled with words made plural with 's. I had to run away [wink].

Last edited:
You've been here since August of last year and just bought your first gun?!? Shame on you! You're going to find it hard living up to your first year's gun-a-month club membership if you start this late. Just a few weeks left to buy 11 guns. Aaannnnnnddddd, GO.

Seriously though, congrats. You made a solid choice for the first one.

ETA: UGH. I never heard of them so I just looked at their website. The home page was riddled with words made plural with 's. I had to run away [wink].

Good observation ToddDubya but even though I have been here since last August I only now received my LTC. I promise to now make up for lost time.

GP100 was also my first purchase. My two cents - take it to Dave Santurri and have him do the trigger job for you. Turned a good gun into a great gun. Have FUN.

Back
Top Bottom