• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Tea Party April 15 Roll Call and Meet-up

I'll be in Pittsfield tomorrow with a small sign that says, "NOBAMA ... KEEP THE CHANGE", with a Hammer & Sickle in the center.

I made it at school today. I'm mad skilled with markers, scissors and a glue stick.

I showed my poster to a colleague on the way out today. She asked what "that thing" (the Hammer & Sickle) was. Really. She didn't know. [thinking]

I'll be in Pittsfield tomorrow with a small sign that says, "NOBAMA ... KEEP THE CHANGE", with a Hammer & Sickle in the center.

I made it at school today. I'm mad skilled with markers, scissors and a glue stick.

I showed my poster to a colleague on the way out today. She asked what "that thing" (the Hammer & Sickle) was. Really. She didn't know. [thinking]
You say you made this at school? PLEASE tell me she's not a teacher...

You say you made this at school? PLEASE tell me she's not a teacher...

Uh, yeah. She is. Great teacher, too, in the mechanical aspects of elementary teaching. A real pro, and I have learned a lot about managing a classroom from her.

She's old enough to have witnessed the Cuban Missile Crisis, and lived her whole life under the cold war, until Reagan. Gotta wonder where her head is at. But she has a poster of Obama in her classroom. I told her that she could have my poster to put next to it when I'm done with it.

I'll be in Boston, but I can only be there for a few minutes. I'm going to take an "executive lunch" tomorrow. I'll bring a camera. I was also going to bring a Gadsden Flag but I couldn't locate one today.

"East of the Canal, West of the Atlantic"?

Anyone going to be at the Hyannis Airport Rotary at 5PM? I was thinking of going....

Anyone going to the evening edition? I have to work

I'll be at the evening one which is being held at Christopher Columbus Park. That's the park on the water's edge. Facing the water, the Marriott Long Wharf would be on your right and Joe's American Bar & Grill would be on your left. I think that's Atlantic Avenue (not sure) but it's across the street from the edge of the North End.

Here are a couple pics from the State House ~1:00 P.M.

IMG00174-20090415-1302.jpg

IMG00175-20090415-1304.jpg

Last edited:
My brother and I were out there around 1:30-2:30 with RWVA hats, a 3'x5' Culpepper flag, and a 3'x5' Navy Jack. We were definitely in a crowd for some Fox (local? Cable?) News liveshot with a field reporter flamboyant enough that I thought we were being scammed for a little while. Saw some people that had been at Appleseeds before but they were far away and I was running back to work.

Thumbs up to the guy with the AR15 Gonzales flag. Tres chic.

I walked around there for an hour, but didn't see any obvious NES'rs. Got some good pics too. Hung around for a couple of hours. Saw the CNN spin machine too.

Last edited:
The CNN news-chick got a load of angry responses when some bystanders thought they heard her say that the crowd was less than 200 people. They lit into the cameraman who tried to defend her as well.

All in all a nice outing though. Don't know if I met and NESer, but definitely met a lot of good folk.

CNN

Communist news network

I went to the boston one.

Did not see any shoot n see dots on you guys.

Can I say one thing??? * PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM * Couldn't hear anything.

Next time I go, I will bring a generator, microphone and a 100 watt amplifier.

Did not see any shoot n see dots on you guys.

We were there in front of the "End the Fed" guys... (with stickers!)

+1 on the PA, though we determined that they were just preaching to the choir, so not much lost in not being able to hear... [laugh]

It's more important with sheeple - they need to hear their next idea/command/opinion from dear leader with the bull horn...

This crowd didn't need to be told what they think [wink]

Can I say one thing??? * PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM * Couldn't hear anything.

Next time I go, I will bring a generator, microphone and a 100 watt amplifier.
Good of you to offer, but they know. On the Peter Blute show this morning, one of the organizers was being interviewed, and Peter brought up that very topic. The comment was that they simply had NO IDEA that it would draw that big of a crowd!

Next time, they WILL have a bigger PA system.

Back
Top Bottom