Boston New Year's Eve Security

Why would anyone who pays attention go to one of these at this point?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If I was going, I'd be carrying. Its legal and its a chance to educate the cops. I never miss that kind of opportunity. They can not ban the legal carry of firearm son public sidewalks in the entire city.

They can do whatever they please! The legality of that is a different matter and would be hashed out in a Marsupial Court at a later date.

Because not all of us live our lives in fear.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...
Is it fear or a pragmatic view of reality? I don't live in fear and wouldn't generalize like that, especially with no data to support that conclusion

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Because not all of us live our lives in fear.

Mike

I don't live in fear at all. I simply avoid that cesspool called Boston and certainly wouldn't travel there for a gathering of the lemmings on New Years Eve. I'd rather get a swift kick in the balls....the pain doesn't last nearly as long

American-Police-Versus-Nazi-153871359144.jpeg

They can do whatever they please! The legality of that is a different matter and would be hashed out in a Marsupial Court at a later date.
The most likely practical implication of a LTC holder declaring he is armed when the wand comes out is being politely denied access to the public area beyond the checkpoint unless, of course, he is black in which case he will probably hear "on the ground mofo".

Why the hell would I want to go into that rat infested hole when every SS groper is making triple time for violating peoples rights all while jerking off all over you!
Besides, I'm in North Carolina!

I think it is the duty of all NES'ers to CCW their AR-15's in town tonight to express their rights under 2A and also to provide a deterrent to evildoers who may wish to cause us harm. Failure to do so demonstrates what a bunch of hypocritical losers you are.

(sarcasm - though I wish I didn't have to say it.)

This......best way to stay out of trouble is to NOT put yourself in situations most likely to be the site of trouble.

Much rather hang with friends at one of our places

So dont go to any public events? Ever?

Mike

That's not what he's saying CrazyMJB. He's referring specifically to tonight.

New Years Eve = Amateur Night.

I like to drink when I get together with friends.

So that means I make arrangements or have friens over to my place. Tonight, we're having the neighbors over. We all have a good time, drink a bit, play Cards Against Humanity and go to bed late.

Nobody drives.

I don't think anyone should stay home from Boston because they are afraid of a terrorist act. If you do, you are letting the terrorists win.

But if you aren't inclined to go. Then don't go.

i did NY Times Square when I was younger. What a pain in the balls. Drinking beer. No restaurants will let you in to piss.
If you try to piss in a drive or alley, you can get arrested. Its like Mardi Gras, but a lot more expensive.

No thanks. I'll pass.

So dont go to any public events? Ever?

Mike

No, the bunker is much more comfortable!!!

He is right though, its generally not worth the zoo factor of most of these things. That shits for the birds. The seagull tourist factor is high, they swoop in, make a lot of noise, and shit on everything. I have no qualms about going to a concert or game or whatever but being around when large sections of the city are blocked off? Even if you're not afraid of the durkas or whatever, the whole thing just becomes this huge pain in the ass.

I say this as one of the few people in this thread that probably doesn't "hate" Boston. Hell I'm in the city at least once a month during the winter probably more often during the summer.... but I hate the large gobs of tourists. They annoy the shit out of me. They take up space and get in the way, consume resources and parking spots, etc. You get stuck behind them on sidewalks while trying to get somewhere. Watch them drive slowly like tards in parking garages, because they're too ****ing lazy to just drive to the first open space, but instead do lame shit like wait for the family of 6 people with ice cream to get their shit together and back out of the spot, etc.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the bunker is much more comfortable!!!

He is right though, its generally not worth the zoo factor of most of these things. That shits for the birds. The seagull tourist factor is high, they swoop in, make a lot of noise, and shit on everything. I have no qualms about going to a concert or game or whatever but being around when large sections of the city are blocked off? Even if you're not afraid of the durkas or whatever, the whole thing just becomes this huge pain in the ass.

I say this as one of the few people in this thread that probably doesn't "hate" Boston. Hell I'm in the city at least once a month during the winter probably more often during the summer.... but I hate the large gobs of tourists. They annoy the shit out of me. They take up space and get in the way, consume resources and parking spots, etc. You get stuck behind them on sidewalks while trying to get somewhere. Watch them drive slowly like tards in parking garages, because they're too ****ing lazy to just drive to the first open space, but instead do lame shit like wait for the family of 6 people with ice cream to get their shit together and back out of the spot, etc.

-Mike

My dad works downtown... loves the tourists lol.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
New Years eve, big deal new year same old nonsense.
I'll stay home,can't be assaulted or run over by some drunk sitting in your living room.

I unfortunately do not have the option of carrying tonight as I will be in Providence [thinking]

Looks like all I'll have is mace, a rape whistle and a spyderco.

Some of you need to unwad your panties [laugh]

"Why no, in fact I absolutely do NOT want to leave Small Town, USA to go anywhere near a city. Ever. If I did then I might actually see something interesting and ain't nobody got time for dat!"

Some of you need to unwad your panties [laugh]

"Why no, in fact I absolutely do NOT want to leave Small Town, USA to go anywhere near a city. Ever. If I did then I might actually see something interesting and ain't nobody got time for dat!"

there is NOTHING in that progressive cesspool that can pry me from my couch tonight. It has nothing to do with fear or panties (well...the panty part is interesting), just a serious lack of interest once you consider the costs involved

So Does that mean you shouldn't carry in Boston that night even if you are licensed to do so? How can they confiscate if youre legally carrying?
Do you expect a real response in this thread? There are many Boston "experts" here, as you may have noted.

First Night is a terrific event, with tons of early evening events for kids, and all free. Lots of other cool events as well. Usually the weather is pretty challenging for little ones but tonight doesn't look bad. Great fireworks show too.

Do you expect a real response in this thread? There are many Boston "experts" here, as you may have noted.

First Night is a terrific event, with tons of early evening events for kids, and all free. Lots of other cool events as well. Usually the weather is pretty challenging for little ones but tonight doesn't look bad. Great fireworks show too.

Have fun!

Have fun!
I think some of you are descended from Puritans, who were "Tortured by the idea that someone, somewhere, was having fun."

Free plays, concerts, kids events, ice sculptures, art exhibits, and you can go home for free on the T. Apparently some of you require payment?

Boston gets 23 and a half million tourists a year, if someone wants to stay home, we won't miss you.....

Last edited:
I just got back. Wife dragged me there with the baby to see the ice sculptures. I carried my Glock 30 with an extra mag and my normal edc 3.5 inch knife. No shits were given by anyone.

Huge police presence but I didn't see them shaking anyone down. Super crowded and not fun. Glad to be home now with a glass of red wine and a bowl full o' pot.

Back
Top Bottom