• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston LTC restrictions in light of SCOTUS decision?

Boston? Meh, nbd. They will fold, although the moon island BS is another story. The "Brooklines" are the ones you really want to see get kicked in the junk.
Most of those have already folded, the worst ones left are likely all big $$$$ or big dump cities like Springfield, etc.

Then there are half turd towns like lowell too that need to get their ass handed to them with their faggoty swan song letter requirements and "you must get your cert at this one place" garbage
One place and one public official is going to be a more light in the wallet

Up untill a few years ago when I met someone from Springfield I didn't think restrictions existed for real...I heard people joke about them...I have met probably 1000 plus people from Mass and never saw anyone with restrictions until recently I saw one with my eyes..while no one should have them..exactly how common are they to have one in the count of all licenses?

Looks like theres been some activity on this but I cant find jack shit on the BPD site or any MA / boston gov sites. zip.

Attachments

• 200718077.7_image.png
    200718077.7_image.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 200784574.98000002_image.png
    200784574.98000002_image.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 200757700.75000003_image.png
    200757700.75000003_image.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 30
How many restricted licenses? who knows. we shouldnt even -need- licenses. This crap comes from the top.. same bunch that wants to disarm us, doing it an inch at a time.

As soon as they lift my restrictions Im making use of this CC holster I got with my second P320

Up untill a few years ago when I met someone from Springfield I didn't think restrictions existed for real...I heard people joke about them...I have met probably 1000 plus people from Mass and never saw anyone with restrictions until recently I saw one with my eyes..while no one should have them..exactly how common are they to have one in the count of all licenses?
They're most common east of 95. They're especially common in Boston/Cambridge/Brookline/Medford.

@Comm2A used to regularly publish a "scorecard" for the cities and towns, listing their percentage restricted.

In fact, looks like 2017 is on the first post of this thread

They're most common east of 95. They're especially common in Boston/Cambridge/Brookline/Medford.

@Comm2A used to regularly publish a "scorecard" for the cities and towns, listing their percentage restricted.

This, there are only maybe a dozen or so full on douche towns tops, less if only permitting is considered.

Contrast this with early 2000s before Comm2A showed up (and started pummeling the shit out of these people legally) and there were several dozen douche/c***/f***wit/shitbag towns that either B rammed people, had a myriad of shit requirements or otherwise issued restricted As. In some horrible cases there were even "black" towns that refused to issue A's at all.

Are there any competent pro-2A Mass gun lawyers who don't consult for Comm2A?

If not, and some plaintiff jumps the gun on a personal lawsuit,
they're gonna get to pick from a bouquet of schlubs to represent them.

How come Watertown claims to have received instructions from Marsha,
yet Seekonk and Norton are twisting in the wind, waiting for pearls to fall from her lips?

Oh, and Comm2A needs to FOIA that message from Marsha to Watertown.
Do you have more information on Watertown? Haven't seen it in my travels.

A couple of years ago a co-worker who lived in Lowell was applying for his LTC and asked me to write recommendation letter. I wrote letter stating I've trained/supervised applicant at range, instructed him in safe gun handling, stated he had Secret security clearance and was married with children and was a credit to his community. I also stated I've known him for over 10 yrs. and cited my Military experience as an 11B. He is Cambodian and received his first LTC without restrictions. I was quite surprised so don't know if it was my letter laying it on thick or they changed their attitude.

The are still going to ask WHY?
Just like when the cop pulls you over,
he asks you if you know why he pulled you over.
Do you help them with those fishing expeditions, too?

f*** them. They should pay for it all. Anyone with something other than none deserves the right to a reprint with box removed.
So, which is a bigger virtue signal -
  • An LTC with "Restrictions: None"? (Means you were Ultra-Suitable).
    • -or-
  • An LTC with no "Restrictions" box? (Means you stood on your hind legs for your civil rights).
What if you have restricted, told them that you lost it and asked for a new one? Jack.
I only now see after reading your note that that's an interesting litmus test.

We want to hear what newly printed replacement LTCs look like.
Is the line still there?
If the line is still there, is it blank or does it say "None"?

I'm wondering if anyone was issued a license between June 23 (day of the Supreme Court ruling) and July 1 (yesterday); and if so, what it looked like.
Yeah; and we also want to be on the lookout for
newly printed LTCs with restrictions.

Do you have more information on Watertown? Haven't seen it in my travels.
Don't ask me - someone else made the claim.

(Apparently via a linked news article,
because the actual word doesn't appear
earlier in this thread than my post,
and none of the prior recent uses of the word
are what I was responding to).

To some degree, that's the price we pay
for this thread not being write-locked or deleted as soon as it appeared,
because all this blather belongs in the Bruen megathread.

Do you help them with those fishing expeditions, too?

So, which is a bigger virtue signal -
  • An LTC with "Restrictions: None"? (Means you were Ultra-Suitable).
    • -or-
  • An LTC with no "Restrictions" box? (Means you stood on your hind legs for your civil rights).

I only now see after reading your note that that's an interesting litmus test.

Is the line still there?

Yeah; and we also want to be on the lookout for
newly printed LTCs with restrictions.

Don't ask me - someone else made the claim.

(Apparently via a linked news article,
because the actual word doesn't appear
earlier in this thread than my post,
and none of the prior recent uses of the word
are what I was responding to).

To some degree, that's the price we pay
for this thread not being write-locked or deleted as soon as it appeared,
because all this blather belongs in the Bruen megathread.
"
Do you help them with those fishing expeditions, too?"

nope-no.gif

Is the line still there?
I will report when I get my updated printed card from Medford. He said it would take 2 weeks, the clock started Monday 6/27 which is when he removed the restriction in the computer and put in a print order for a new card. Since the state takes time to catch up, I would imagine my card will say "Restrictions: None" but at some point they will drop the line altogether.

So update. After the AG finally told watertown they are now shall issue. I asked AGAIN to have my restrictions removed. Was told No AGAIN. Because they were waiting on guidance on THAT from the AG.
I'm done with them. I'm moving out.

I emailed BPD on Monday and I have not received a response, so I emailed again last night and still no response, am I using the wrong email [email protected]
My attorney has advised me at the at the very least to have the email saying that my restrictions NONE he thinks that I’ll be OK but he said “it is Boston so you never know what could happen”

So update. After the AG finally told watertown they are now shall issue. I asked AGAIN to have my restrictions removed. Was told No AGAIN. Because they were waiting on guidance on THAT from the AG.
I'm done with them. I'm moving out.
Message Comm2A. Don't let Watertown win.

I emailed BPD on Monday and I have not received a response, so I emailed again last night and still no response, am I using the wrong email [email protected]
My attorney has advised me at the at the very least to have the email saying that my restrictions NONE he thinks that I’ll be OK but he said “it is Boston so you never know what could happen”
I have a copy of an email from Boston that seems to suggest that the state is reprinting all restricted LTCs and forwarding them to the PDs for activation and distribution. If this is that case, that would put it squarely on individual PDs to follow through.

Last I checked (a few years ago) 8% of LTCs were restricted.

I have a copy of an email from Boston that seems to suggest that the state is reprinting all restricted LTCs and forwarding them to the PDs for activation and distribution. If this is that case, that would put it squarely on individual PDs to follow through.
ALL, all; or Boston, all? Regardless, a win for liberty.

ALL, all; or Boston, all? Regardless, a win for liberty.
I'm wondering if the realization that dealing with thousands of individual requests for reprints was going to be too much of a logistical nightmare to the point that state decided to just batch reprint all the restricted licenses to kick the headache to local PDs to deal with.

I'm wondering if the realization that dealing with thousands of individual requests for reprints was going to be too much of a logistical nightmare to the point that state decided to just batch reprint all the restricted licenses to kick the headache to local PDs to deal with.

My thinking is that they're doing what the local PDs ask them to do. After all, the local PDs are the ones dealing with the requests; they're the ones who'll get annoyed answering the phone that many times. So if anyone's getting sick of dealing with the public, I think it's the PDs and not FRB.

My guess is that BPD got tired of answering the phone and just told FRB to redo theirs. I'm sure other departments can do the same. I do think it's amusing (but not surprising, sadly) that none of these departments are making a solid effort to actually, y'know, inform the public what they're doing.

My guess is that BPD got tired of answering the phone and just told FRB to redo theirs. I'm sure other departments can do the same. I do think it's amusing (but not surprising, sadly) that none of these departments are making a solid effort to actually, y'know, inform the public what they're doing.
BPD is probably weighing pissing off license holders by keeping quiet vs. saying something which pisses off the ignorant.

Quietly doing away with nonsense eventually makes license holders happy without kicking the hornets nest of alcoholic wine moms and woke politicians.

Would have been easier to just tell everyone restrictions are ignored. Done.

Would have been easier to just tell everyone restrictions are ignored. Done.

Yeah but removing it from the license is facially important. Removes the likelihood of a dumb cop that doesn't read bulletins from having a nutty

It's also important in the sense that box represented tyranny. It needs to die. It was a scarlet letter for gun owners.

Back
Top Bottom