• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston LTC Process

I do believe we should have background checks and safety concerns for those who try to legally acquire guns, my pursuit of my LTC in Boston is likely to take a full 5-6 months minimum from safety class, interview, shooting test, and the waiting game before I receive my license. This seems a bit absurd. Thought I'd vent my frustration a bit.

EDIT: anybody go through this process recently in Boston and want to tell me it will magically take less time?! (fingers crossed)

BGRA in Dorchester specializes in Boston LTCs. Their program isn't cheap but it is a big help.

his seems a bit absurd. Thought I'd vent my frustration a bit.
Think that's frustrating? Wait until you get a "target only" license and start hanging out with folks from other towns who have "restrictions: none".

Another +1 for BGRA. The range might be old and busted, but the instructors are great people. Also it's a thumb in to the eye of the paste eating mayor and his sycophants.

Last edited:
Think that's frustrating? Wait until you get a "target only" license and start hanging out with folks from other towns who have "restrictions: none".

This right here. Not to mention Boston's own special restrictions on what you can and cannot own over and above the already draconian state restrictions.

I do believe we should have background checks and safety concerns for those who try to legally acquire guns, my pursuit of my LTC in Boston is likely to take a full 5-6 months minimum from safety class, interview, shooting test, and the waiting game before I receive my license. This seems a bit absurd. Thought I'd vent my frustration a bit.

EDIT: anybody go through this process recently in Boston and want to tell me it will magically take less time?! (fingers crossed)

show me all the children saved by background checks and safety BS. these are mechanism of government control, and your delay (or worse) to LTC is a perfect example of the product.

Dear Italia,
Why would you even agree with the requirement of any license, fee or anything requiring more than handing over the cash for a firearm to the seller of such.
That is what the media, govt. and politicians think will stop violent crime.
All the while those of whom that wish to kill others follow no such rules again and again...

Our forefathers had no such requirements when they bought, possessed and owned firearms.
There is a reason that they wrote "Shall not be infringed" in our second amendment!

Death by a thousand cuts!

Time to take back our rights!

Our forefathers had it right. Those in govt. should fear the people.
Govt. is supposed to serve the people. Not the other way around!

Last edited:
I wasn't sure I'd own a gun in my lifetime. I grew up in a house without guns, but as I've moved on my own I feel the urge to have one.

While I agree it is our right, I do believe there are people unfit to own weapons. People with violent felonies, etc. Maybe I'm a bit uneducated, as I'm only recently entering this political sphere to this degree, and maybe my opinion will shift over time as it has already but that's currently my thoughts.

I wasn't sure I'd own a gun in my lifetime. I grew up in a house without guns, but as I've moved on my own I feel the urge to have one.

While I agree it is our right, (1) I do believe there are people unfit to own weapons. (2) People with violent felonies, etc. Maybe I'm a bit uneducated, as I'm only recently entering this political sphere to this degree, and maybe my opinion will shift over time as it has already but that's currently my thoughts.

(1) A knife is a weapon, a hand is a weapon, a foot can be used as a weapon, a shoelace can be used as a weapon, a belt can/is a weapon, water can be used as a weapon... ( I bet you have all of those in your house right now ... without license )

(2) Are already prohibited.

next......

The problem is if given an inch abusive people in government take a mile. What starts as common sense can be perverted into a hatchet. In example: no "crazy" people can own guns and suddenly "crazy" is defined as anyone wanting to own a gun.

The argument against background checks and felony prohibitions of 2A rights is that if someone is dangerous they should be locked up and if a person isn't dangerous enough to be locked up, then they should not be denied their full rights.

Hey Italia, I am also of Italian decent.
My grandfather and his brother Mauro moved to the US and became citizens of our country just before world war one.
His brother was killed in France and his body was never found.
My grandfathers commander on learning of the death of his brother spared his life and sent him to culinary school to serve troops stateside.

My grandfather told me not many troops from his original infantry battalion survived the war.

Never forget what those brave men fought for. Just as our forefathers had done so long ago.

Mauro Palmerie ,MIA/KIA, US Army, WWI France.

Birth rights are never something in this country we should ever compromise on!

All the laws and prohibitions written about firearms will never stop a killer from killing.
It will only prohibit the innocent from protecting themselves and their families.
Of whom make up this entire great nation!

Last edited:

Welcome to NES, well be holding your coming out party today.. maybe you just havent thought it through... but if you have thought it out... people like you are the reason why we have lost our rights.
That said good luck pursueing your LTC, you'll totally be ready and safe to defend yourself after your safety class. After your backroundcheck all children will be saved..and people who dont pass a backround check should have no right to defend themselfs because thier life is worth nothing when compaired to yours.

I do believe we should have background checks and safety concerns for those who try to legally acquire guns...
1) You can't say this with a straight face while complaining about the lengthy process in the same sentence.
2) You have a lot of learnin' to do.
3) I applied in Brighton about a week before Sandy Hook and had my license first week of Feb, so maybe two months total.

Weapons? Just take a look around a home improvement store. You will find enough edged weapons to equip a medieval army. Not to mention the nail guns that would do in a pinch.

Also, I asked for an interview in December and they said first openings were in March. So I'll be on 3mos before even talking to the interviewers.

Also, I asked for an interview in December and they said first openings were in March. So I'll be on 3mos before even talking to the interviewers.

Starting to see the problem yet? A right delayed is a right denied.

At least you can buy pepper spray. That was a hard-fought improvement.

Italia, im glad your learning.. instead of your ltc maybe consider a large vehicle, a box cutter, an airplane,
A pressure cooker, or your religion..... they are all deadly weapons.

When your done with that head north to NH, VT and see what freedom tastes like.. its only an appetizer they love the .gov tit as well...

Back
Top Bottom