Boston Globe write up on Jim Wallace

From reading the article, it appears that the slime ball John Rosenthal wields a lot of clout at the Statehouse. He and Linsky should get an Ebola infection and croak.

said Rosenthal, a gun owner who has long advocated for gun violence prevention laws.
Wow. [rolleyes]

Funny how the article on Jim Wallace seems to be half filled with quotes from Rosenthal....

Rosenthal said he was surprised to see Wallace and Peterson willing to negotiate and that it was DeLeo’s leadership that brought them to the table.
Oh, the timeline of this bill is what leadership looks like?

If DeLeo wanted to be a fair leader, GOAL would have had a seat at the table at the super secret committee filled with anti-gun professors that churned out that report.

Pigeon holing and labeling him as one who compromises is part of their plan to divide and conquer us.
Liberals use this tactic all the time, I've seen it a LOT in liberal politics. They push and watch us destroy ourselves from within.

As the bill moved through the Senate and then a conference committee, lawmakers responded to other concerns, including a provision enabling local police chiefs to block the sale of rifles and shotguns to those they consider potentially dangerous. Already, chiefs have the authority to prevent handgun sales.
That couldn't possibly have been written with any more bias. Wow....

It's pretty obvious that the article is a ham-fisted attempt to turn Jim/GOAL's supporters against him and GOAL.

^^this
the smegma that writes for the globe would love to watch our pro 2A "resistance" self destruct. they can foment it by writing about how wonderfully soft Jim Wallace and GOAL are. honestly the perspective of the globe is useless and 100% politically driven. who gives 2 shits. this article is written by antis for antis. i would rather read playgirl than the globe.

What pisses me off is that the article is also blatantly untrue. Almost every one of us here watched this horror show unfold in real time.

Jim NEVER "made a political decision" as Rosenthal indicates. The opposite was true: GOAL was never honestly allowed - beforehand - to participate in this process. Rosenthal got all the time he needed to help the committee 'craft' this legislation, meanwhile, they tried to offer GOAL 15 minutes (literally) on very short notice, so that we could register our 'concerns' with the committee. We politely declined.

We were completely shut out of the process until DeLeo unveiled the first version of the bill, at which point the phones and email servers at the state house blew up (thanks to you guys and others), they panicked, and finally called Jim in to help them fix it.

The idea that we somehow compromised is insane. That's like saying the asphalt "compromised" with the steam roller.

They were flat-out shocked by the overwhelming negative reaction to the bill, so they took most of the bad shit out of it - not as part of a compromise, or because they're honest or good or reasonable or because it was right; they did what they did for their own selfish political reasons. Like they always do. For everything.

Last edited:
I like to think that writing to all the legislators I could find had some effect. The Globe over and over again has these articles where it's like they just woke up this morning and were shocked, shocked and frightened!, to find that people can actually own firearms in this state.

Maybe the Globe will start to realize that if they fired a few more of their communist-sympathizer editors, they'd save some money and have a prayer of staying in business for another few years.

What pisses me off is that the article is also blatantly untrue. Almost every one of us here watched this horror show unfold in real time.

Jim NEVER "made a political decision" as Rosenthal indicates. The opposite was true: GOAL was never honestly allowed - beforehand - to participate in this process. Rosenthal got all the time he needed to help the committee 'craft' this legislation, meanwhile, they tried to offer GOAL 15 minutes (literally) on very short notice, so that we could register our 'concerns' with the committee. We politely declined.

We were completely shut out of the process until DeLeo unveiled the first version of the bill, at which point the phones and email servers at the state house blew up (thanks to you guys and others), they panicked, and finally called Jim in to help them fix it.

The idea that we somehow compromised is insane. That's like saying the asphalt "compromised" with the steam roller.

They were flat-out shocked by the overwhelming negative reaction to the bill, so they took most of the bad shit out of it - not as part of a compromise, or because they're honest or good or reasonable or because it was right; they did what they did for their own selfish political reasons. Like they always do. For everything.

Do you think this would work .

Some one writes up a letter expressing your post and we all email / mail it in and make them publish it or do another article explaining there errors? .

From reading the article, it appears that the slime ball John Rosenthal wields a lot of clout at the Statehouse. He and Linsky should get an Ebola infection and croak.
He wields as much clout as Deval which is to say "seagull" as someone else so eloquently put: "flies in, makes a lot of noise, shits all over the place and leaves".

He has no actual influence, he's just an echo chamber for the grabbers who are trying to amplify their wilting voice.

He had zero impact on the outcome. He was there to shit on, er sign it just like Deval, but otherwise was not involved in any aspect other than banging trash-can lids.

ahhh the comments!!! why do i do this everytime
The grabber crowd is shrinking and they are terrified because this is the same group of people who will do anything including march to their own death to feel as if they are surrounded by people who support their current delusion whatever it may be.

So, they are going to shriek louder and louder until they finally look around and realize they are alone at which point, they will be at the range wincing and smiling through it with each shot. [laugh]

No spine. No character. Nothing to add to the conversation but noise and consumption of O2.

Yeah, I couldn't help myself either. I'm kind of numb to the noise now, it's the same shit over and over from people who do nothing for freedom but their incessant whining.
clearly i am biased against what they say most of the time anyways, but i look at it and all i can think is "do you realize how stupid you sound? theres no help for that nutjob"

He wields as much clout as Deval which is to say "seagull" as someone else so eloquently put: "flies in, makes a lot of noise, shits all over the place and leaves".

He has no actual influence, he's just an echo chamber for the grabbers who are trying to amplify their wilting voice.

He had zero impact on the outcome. He was there to shit on, er sign it just like Deval, but otherwise was not involved in any aspect other than banging trash-can lids.

I halfway agree but I do believe that since he, Johnny Rosenthal, gets a lot of attention, press coverage, and media air time, his whiny little message resonates and sticks in the minds of those who pander for votes.

Last edited:

well said

Wow. [rolleyes]

Funny how the article on Jim Wallace seems to be half filled with quotes from Rosenthal....

Oh, the timeline of this bill is what leadership looks like?

If DeLeo wanted to be a fair leader, GOAL would have had a seat at the table at the super secret committee filled with anti-gun professors that churned out that report.

That's because the article was a subtle hit piece on Jim.

... Funny how the article on Jim Wallace seems to be half filled with quotes from Rosenthal.... Oh, the timeline of this bill is what leadership looks like? If DeLeo wanted to be a fair leader, GOAL would have had a seat at the table at the super secret committee filled with anti-gun professors that churned out that report.

They will be back for more, count on it.

Then GOAL needs to prepare for this happening the next time. They need to talk to the right people NOW, to make sure that seat is reserved for that future meeting NOW.

It's pretty obvious that the article is a ham-fisted attempt to turn Jim/GOAL's supporters against him and GOAL.

^^this
the smegma that writes for the globe would love to watch our pro 2A "resistance" self destruct. they can foment it by writing about how wonderfully soft Jim Wallace and GOAL are. honestly the perspective of the globe is useless and 100% politically driven. who gives 2 shits. this article is written by antis for antis. i would rather read playgirl than the globe.

If we were smart, we'd turn that into an advantage. Put together a group which is more hard-lined to play good-cop/bad-cop with RKBA. Think of it like NRA/SAF, but a Massachusetts version. Then, when they run from the more "extreme" group, they can find a softer landing at GOAL.

... Almost every one of us here watched this horror show unfold in real time. Jim NEVER "made a political decision" as Rosenthal indicates. The opposite was true: GOAL was never honestly allowed - beforehand - to participate in this process. Rosenthal got all the time he needed to help the committee 'craft' this legislation, meanwhile, they tried to offer GOAL 15 minutes (literally) on very short notice, so that we could register our 'concerns' with the committee. We politely declined. We were completely shut out of the process until DeLeo unveiled the first version of the bill, at which point the phones and email servers at the state house blew up (thanks to you guys and others), they panicked, and finally called Jim in to help them fix it. The idea that we somehow compromised is insane. That's like saying the asphalt "compromised" with the steam roller.

The first section here is so true it hurts. The second is about dirty, disgusting politicians working on self-preservation.

Do you think this would work. Some one writes up a letter expressing your post and we all email / mail it in and make them publish it or do another article explaining there errors? .

Probably not.

I agree with Jim here. Funny how the older crowd is more jaded/cynical.

That's because the article was a subtle hit piece on Jim.

Yup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom