• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

People still talk too much. I wouldn't be shocked if someone (Healey) tried to make an example out of someone. This article just flipped the bird at her....
You're not going to stop a nasty hit piece like this one. Once the leftist, anti-2A Globe DimocRAT decides you're a hit piece target, the mold is set.

Guida, the former Firearms Records Bureau director, said the lack of enforcement over time has sent a clear message to gun dealers.
“There’s an idea that the attorney general’s enforcement notice is a press release, that it hasn’t been enforced in a court of law,” he said.

Disappointed to see this, Mr. Guida. I presume there is some missing context?
Of course there is missing context, these are not journalists, they are propagandists.

Been trying to read it but can’t open it - what am I doing wrong?

Edit: Finally got to read it - definite hit piece on the Mill and a bunch of NES‘er’s! The Globe, or any other media for that matter, is nothing but a shill for the liberal, progressive left who hate the 2A and freedom in general.

Last edited:
Not ahead of the election, would get called out as being thin-skinned and vindictive…esp if when the challenges prevail

This w/b a dish served cold

FIFY.

You're not going to stop a nasty hit piece like this one. Once the leftist, anti-2A Globe DimocRAT decides you're a hit piece target, the mold is set.

It was a nasty hit piece... on Maura. It made her look like an idiot.

Was there the typical Globe arm-flapping about gunz? Sure. That's going to happen in everything they write. But this article had a very decided anti-Healy slant along with the arm-flapping. Surprising.

and a challenge to her opinion, directives, made out of thin air BS that has no force of law would be pretty easy now, post Bruen

"The test that the Court set forth in Heller and applies today
requires courts to assess whether modern firearms regulations are
consistent with the Second Amendment’s text and historical under-
standing. "

After holding that the Second Amendment protected an
individual right to armed self-defense, we also relied on the
historical understanding of the Amendment to demark the
limits on the exercise of that right. We noted that, “[l]ike
most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is
not unlimited.” “From Blackstone through the
19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely ex-
plained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any
weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for
whatever purpose.” For example, we found it “fairly
supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the car-
rying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons’ ” that the Second
Amendment protects the possession and use of weapons

that are “ ‘in common use at the time.’ ” Id., at 627 (first
citing 4 W. Blackstone, Commentaries on the Laws of Eng-
land 148–149 (1769); then quoting United States v. Miller,
307 U. S. 174, 179 (1939)

FIFY.

It was a nasty hit piece... on Maura. It made her look like an idiot.

Was there the typical Globe arm-flapping about gunz? Sure. That's going to happen in everything they write. But this article had a very decided anti-Healy slant along with the arm-flapping. Surprising.
I do find the timing of this article curious. Maybe setting the stage for new legislation or extra legal actions by the new AG? Hopefully, the fascist tyrants in the gun control states keep up their tyranny, forcing SCOTUS to make things clear.

Oh yeah, and f*** the Glob.

Talk about a hit piece!
Debasing one dealer who is an attorney, as one who specializes in traffic tickets and personal injury. Wow that’s a low blow. Well you are a liberal hack so-called journalist at a news paper I would’nt use to wipe my ass ! So there.

I do find the timing of this article curious. Maybe setting the stage for new legislation or extra legal actions by the new AG? Hopefully, the fascist tyrants in the gun control states keep up their tyranny, forcing SCOTUS to make things clear.

Very curious...

My thought is that the Globe is frustrated with her for not doing more. They're trying to bring this issue to the fore in the hopes that the voters (or a debate moderator somewhere) will ask her about it and make her commit to it. As dumb a move as it would be for her to take the enforcement notice to court, it's definitely weird to be hearing the Globe dare her to do it.

Yes giving her a boost if she enforces before the election, only to be reversed after she’s elected.

I’m particularly curious what data the Mass FRB provided the globe:
FFD8B387-DED8-4825-BD2C-074320ED756E.jpeg

There was also a lot of definitive declarations of people purchasing and owning “assault weapons”, even if they don’t qualify according to the law. Libel?

But at least there was this:
“For their part, gun dealers there said they take great care to follow all laws, and insisted the attorney general’s directives on assault weapons are merely her opinion and are unenforceable without a change in state law.”

Oh, and even if Guida’s quotes had context removed, the fact he said any of what he said is problematic.

Last edited:
seriously i don't know how anyone can be pleased with this kind of publicity. we all remember the 2nd massachusetts awb after wcvb left that gun shop and recorded their story for posterity. i'm all for word of mouth amongst ourselves but stories like this are never good, it just rings too many bells. here we go again, the ag's switchboard will again light up like a xmas tree.

“Some dealers . . . are ignoring Healey and instead following the law as written.”

Only in MA where following the law is somehow illegal in the medias and others eyes.

Marsha can’t enforce her edict because it is not law and she knows it.
Yeah, that was a stand-out line.

Perfectly sums up the attitude in DPRM.

Personally if I was a dealer at The Mill , I wouldn't have spoken to this reporter. I also find it quite comical that the AG office hasn't enforced anything, that in my eyes says she knows her bullshit is exactly bullshit.
Yeah no offense to those dealers but apparently they forgot about how the 2016 bullshit played out after mass firearms did that interview. Jesus f***ing Christ people.

Then again between NES, Facebook and Instagram, this “reporter” could find a lot of information without interviewing any dealers. But holy crap.

And I was surprised to see Guida providing info and not exactly appearing to be on our side. Wtf🤦🏻‍♂️

seriously i don't know how anyone can be pleased with this kind of publicity. we all remember the 2nd massachusetts awb after wcvb left that gun shop and recorded their story for posterity. i'm all for word of mouth amongst ourselves but stories like this are never good, it just rings too many bells. here we go again, the ag's switchboard will again light up like a xmas tree.
I've always been of the mindset to keep a low profile and not draw ANY attention to yourself.

This comes off as poking the bear when the bear is hungry....

Back
Top Bottom