Boston Globe: Let chiefs have say on gun permits

the problem is that a lot of people have it too good and only see and read about injustice on tv or in the paper. they have never had the "bad" experience. they don't think it can happen here or to them.

He should move to DC and experience that. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN THAT CRIMINALS DON'T APPLY FOR AND GET LICENSES TO CARRY FIREARMS.

ok, that's all I'll say.

I'm convinced there are greater societal problems in need of attention than the plight of the inconvenienced gun enthusiast...
I wonder if he'd call an investigative reporter a literary enthusiast, a person who votes a political enthusiast or someone who practices a religion a religious enthusiast.

When reading that article, remember that a bit of rain on election day that kept all but the motivated voters from the polls is almost certainly the reason we have Scott Brown rather than Angus "Cheryl II" in the state senate. (The spread was something like 290 votes)

Obviously the person has a problem with insuring that laws and the constitution are fair and unbiased for all people. Perhaps one day they will get a taste of her own approved style of discrimination.

Obviously the person has a problem with insuring that laws and the constitution are fair and unbiased for all people. Perhaps one day they will get a taste of her own approved style of discrimination.

Yep, he ignored the real points of the article and made up his own straw man arguments. I did a google on him and he's a clown. I'm sure there will be some good rebuttles to this. I'm considering one. Anyway, we owe him some gratitude for keeping the issue alive in the paper with his half-assed attempt to pat himself on the back.

Angus was Sen. Cheryl Jacques' (rhymes with fakes) chief aide. He is a long-time proponent of gun control.

Article written by: Angus G. McQuilken

Angus G. McQuilken is Former Chief of Staff, Senator Cheryl A. Jacques. Google his name and the first hit is:

Gun control advocate Angus McQuilken - AOL Video

I personally spent election day 2004 driving Scott Brown supporters to the polls to defeat this gentlemen by just about 1,500 votes of the 80,000 cast. I smile every time I think about it.

Last edited:
Police chiefs are in the best position to know the background of applicants in their community (...)

Well, I guess the police chief in my town must have some super secret ways of digging into my background; something that the state police would never be able to do [rolleyes]

Anus...err..Angus...do us all a favor and STFU. [angry]

After her failure at the head of a same-sex political organization in D.C., Cheryl was quiet for a while.

Now that we have Democrat Deval Patrick as governor, she moved back to MA, and was appointed to some hack job in our government beauacracy. That is, our taxes are paying her salary again.

Anyone on the forum remember some years back when Angus and Cheryl appeared at the U-U church in Wakefield to tout more of their gun-control laws?

MA-Firearms listers made up about half the audience. It was an eye-opener to see how horrid this pair actually was.

Washington D.C.'s police chief's have the say on who gets licenses in that city. Looks like that's working out real well for them.

You mean only the criminals have guns now????? What a shock.

We're not talking about a fishing license, we're talking about a license that allows an individual to carry a concealed, loaded handgun on their person in public places.

Incorrect. We're talking a license to OWN a gun.

In the battle between gun enthusiasts and police chiefs over licensing standards for concealed carry permits, I'm with the police chiefs.

Incorrect. See above.

Angus is deliberately blurring the facts in the discussion. It's what you do when you can't win a debate on facts alone.

What facts did they ever have?

Every single place that's got tight controls on who can legally own firearms has skyrocketing crime rates. There's no facts whatsoever to support any sort of gun ban.

In fact, it's almost like the criminals prefer unarmed victims. Who knew?

Angus

After her failure at the head of a same-sex political organization in D.C., Cheryl was quiet for a while.

Now that we have Democrat Deval Patrick as governor, she moved back to MA, and was appointed to some hack job in our government beauacracy. That is, our taxes are paying her salary again.

Anyone on the forum remember some years back when Angus and Cheryl appeared at the U-U church in Wakefield to tout more of their gun-control laws?

MA-Firearms listers made up about half the audience. It was an eye-opener to see how horrid this pair actually was.
Gee, he doesn`t have an axe to grind does he?

Gun enthusiasts? Does this guy think the founding fathers were talking about a right to participate in shooting sports? Hey, those cops must be real enthusiastic about guns because they always seem to be carrying them around. Lots of enthusiasts in Baghdad too on the news each night. [rolleyes]

One reoccurring theme that continues to piss me off is the whole notion of whether the licensing process should be easy or difficult. There shouldn't be anything difficult or inconvenient about the process: you either meet the requirements and get a license or you don't.

And lastly, we are all too aware that the people we all don't want to own guns never go to their chief to ask permission. Those people should have it difficult but not the law abiding citizens that follow the law.

Two things stand out to me in that letter: "Gun enthusiasts" and "Wellesley".

An ethusiasm for guns wasn't the reason I got an LTC. The reason was protection (not that going to the range isnt' fun).

Second, I have some liberal opinions but Wellesley is Berkeley east. They didn't want a Dunkin Donuts in town simply because the the company's image didn't suit them (even though the store front fit in perfectly with the area it was in).

Pardon my French but that guy can go f*** himself.

Last edited:
As a coauthor of the Massachusetts Gun Control Act of 1998, which remains the nation's toughest and most effective gun control law...

Please, see the front page of the Outdoor Message for the contradictory 'facts' regarding this statement.

BTW, if there are more important societal issues then why did he spend his time and effort on this issue?
Just like the Brady bunch; take a fraction of their time, effort, and budget and apply it to the social cause of crime and the perceived need for these groups would drop exponentially. But, they're not interested in controlling crime they're interested in controlling guns [rolleyes]

Last edited:
I hope the author of that article gets stabbed or beaten to death the next time he sets foot out of his house......better yet within his own house and the last thought that goes through his mind as the life fades from his broken bleeding body is "Shit, if I only had a gun".

Wellesley is Berkeley east.
There are exceptions even in Wellsley.

I was one of three passengers in a car stopped in Wellesly a couple of years ago on the way back from a match, and the officer asked if we had guns in the car since he "smelled gunpower". He handled everything professionally, let the driver off with a warning, and concluded with "you are exercising your rights as Americans to be armed and that is a good thing".

There are exceptions even in Wellsley.

I was one of three passengers in a car stopped in Wellesly a couple of years ago on the way back from a match, and the officer asked if we had guns in the car since he "smelled gunpower". He handled everything professionally, let the driver off with a warning, and concluded with "you are exercising your rights as Americans to be armed and that is a good thing".

That's good to hear but I thinking more of the general tone of the town which isn't necessarily reflected by the police department.

I hope the author of that article gets stabbed or beaten to death the next time he sets foot out of his house......better yet within his own house and the last thought that goes through his mind as the life fades from his broken bleeding body is "Shit, if I only had a gun".

Let's hope the author as well as others holding similar opinions can see the light without having to endure that type of trauma.

Your statement does nothing but bolster the view the antis have that we are all just a bunch of bloodthirsty violence mongers. And, it is very sad that you would hope for that type of scenario for anyone.

I have arms for sport, recreation, hunting, and protection and I would use my second amendment right to protect this author's first amendment rights in the scenario you wish.

Yes, he has taken successful action, based on his misguided beliefs, to take away our freedom under the second amendment and has written that, regardless of fact, he still feels he's taking the proper actions. Your statements do nothing but justify his fear and action.

Let's hope the author as well as others holding similar opinions can see the light without having to endure that type of trauma.

Your statement does nothing but bolster the view the antis have that we are all just a bunch of bloodthirsty violence mongers. And, it is very sad that you would hope for that type of scenario for anyone.

I have arms for sport, recreation, hunting, and protection and I would use my second amendment right to protect this author's first amendment rights in the scenario you wish.

Yes, he has taken successful action, based on his misguided beliefs, to take away our freedom under the second amendment and has written that, regardless of fact, he still feels he's taking the proper actions. Your statements do nothing but justify his fear and action.

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl] I think you're as misguided as he is. How do you like them apples?

Someone from the Pink Pistols should contact this 40'ish "Confirmed Bachelor" who also campaigned to legalize gay marriage....

You mean Angus, right?

Whatever he campaigned for, I'm quite sure he is married. IIRC, at the U-U event, his wife was with him, and she was holding an infant.

Moreover, what was most horrid about that event was that there were several Pink Pistol members there, specifically to point out to Angus' boss Cheryl, that they had been assaulted because of their orientation -- and that being armed was important to them for defense.

Cheryl and Angus stood at the front unmoved. They didn't respond. They didn't care. "Next question," was all they said.

It was obvious that they'd rather see anyone, straight or gay, dead on the ground rather than have a free people be able to defend themselves with a gun.

Back
Top Bottom