Boston carry question.

Have a quick question about carring a concealed pistol in Boston. I have a Class A ALP issued from the town I live in and am currious if I can carry in Boston. I have heard that I can not, but the source is not reliable. Can I carry in Boston or do I need a seperate permit?

Thanks,
Phil

You are good to go. There is no separate permit for Boston.

As a part of your concealed carry education, it would be a good idea for you to attent The Art of Concealed Carry seminar taught at the GOAL Foundation. Jon Green and I are the creators and instructors of this course.

For course details, visit ww.goal.org and look in the Training section. To sign up, call 508 393-5333.

Darius Arbabi

yes but NO HIGH CAP MAGS!!!!

just kidding, that's the second biggest myth about out of towners carrying in the city.
Oooh mythbusting! Okay, so does the restriction on mags only apply to residents of Boston? Or is there no such restriction.

Maybe the OP was talking about carrying a Kreb. I guess that qualifies as a pistol too, but is the magazine a rifle magazine or a pistol magazine? What is the difference between a rifle magazine and a pistol magazine? Glock mags fit the Kel-Tec SU-16, does that make it a rifle mag? Maybe I shouldn't give ornery Boston LEOs ideas.

Oh the humanity!!!!

I actually didn't know that the restriction only applied to rifle mags and rifles. I have never perused the original language for that regulation/law.

Last edited:
Boston is retaahhded.

Yes, high capacity handgun magazines are legal to possess in Boston as long as they are pre-ban (just like the rest of MA). On the other hand, I am stuck with the 10 rounder for my 10/22.

I second this; anyone considering carrying in the state of MA is well advised to take the course. Absolutely essential information, well worth the time and (small) cost.

As a part of your concealed carry education, it would be a good idea for you to attent The Art of Concealed Carry seminar taught at the GOAL Foundation. Jon Green and I are the creators and instructors of this course.

For course details, visit ww.goal.org and look in the Training section. To sign up, call 508 393-5333.

Darius Arbabi

I also concur on The Art of Concealed Carry. I arranged for the course to be held at Mansfield F&G a few months ago and it was very good and well worth the time/money.

Back
Top Bottom