Bomb gone off in Oslo/Norway, Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
called a friend of mine in Oslo.... has a three year old and is about 7 months pregnant....
said they'd been expecting something like this to happen... and "it's scary as hell"

called a friend of mine in Oslo.... has a three year old and is about 7 months pregnant....
said they'd been expecting something like this to happen... and "it's scary as hell"

Not currently up to speed on my Norwegian current events...Why were they expecting something like this?

Not currently up to speed on my Norwegian current events...Why were they expecting something like this?
They recently arrested several muslim citizens and charged them with planning an attack and being affiliated with Al Qaeda.

Muslims are still mad at Norway because a Norwegian newspaper printed a Danish cartoon of Muhammed.

Last edited:
really sad... thoughts and prayers go out to the victims.

my fear is when are they going to start doing small attacks like this here in the states? IMO .gov is so stupid focusing so heavily on airport security and all the other wasteful crap they throw money to the homeland security department to "protect" us against. ive been saying for years, one of our biggest threats are mumbai style attacks randomly targeting low security, medium population density areas. all it would take to bring the US to its knees would be a couple guys crossing the mexican border with AK47's and grenades, walking into any rural, low security public school in the US and opening fire. look at what the two untrained, ill equipt, computer geeks did at columbine with homemade bombs and semi automatic pistols. if al qaeda did this in several random areas across the US it would shut the country down. who is going to send their kids to school when they are worried about this? no kids go to school, parents stay home from work to watch kids, nobody goes to work, = economic disaster.

my fear is when are they going to start doing small attacks like this here in the states? IMO .gov is so stupid focusing so heavily on airport security and all the other wasteful crap they throw money to the homeland security department to "protect" us against.
I've been expecting it for years. The fact that it hasn't happened leads me to believe that the government is probably doing more than we know, that organizing a terrorist strike must be harder than it looks, and that we've been lucky. I don't think we'll be lucky forever.

really sad... thoughts and prayers go out to the victims.

my fear is when are they going to start doing small attacks like this here in the states? IMO .gov is so stupid focusing so heavily on airport security and all the other wasteful crap they throw money to the homeland security department to "protect" us against. ive been saying for years, one of our biggest threats are mumbai style attacks randomly targeting low security, medium population density areas. all it would take to bring the US to its knees would be a couple guys crossing the mexican border with AK47's and grenades, walking into any rural, low security public school in the US and opening fire. look at what the two untrained, ill equipt, computer geeks did at columbine with homemade bombs and semi automatic pistols. if al qaeda did this in several random areas across the US it would shut the country down. who is going to send their kids to school when they are worried about this? no kids go to school, parents stay home from work to watch kids, nobody goes to work, = economic disaster.

People need to realize the people that commit these attacks aren't always extremists. Maybe someone says, "Set off some bombs and shoot up this place and we'll make sure your family has food forever."

Do not let these type of attacks scare you. This is the price we pay for freedom.

Last edited:
People need to realize the people that commit these attacks aren't always extremists. Maybe someone says, "Set off some bombs and shoot up this place and we'll make sure your family has food forever."

Do not let these type of attacks scare you. This is the price we pay for freedom.

except it was extremists... http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/world/europe/23oslo.html?_r=2&hp

"helpers of the global jihad" claimed responsibility.

dont worry, the department of homeland security realizes the attackers aren't always extremists. in fact after watching their latest "if you see something say something" video they seem to be very focused on the fact that instead of muslim extremists it could be anyone. watch the video, no turbans, no allah akbar, nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7q3bWEvl7o&feature=player_embedded#at=67

Last edited:
I've been expecting it for years. The fact that it hasn't happened leads me to believe that the government is probably doing more than we know, that organizing a terrorist strike must be harder than it looks, and that we've been lucky. I don't think we'll be lucky forever.

You could cripple a country with coordinated national wide small and frequent attacks.

[Update: 1:38 p.m. ET, 7:38 p.m. Oslo] The police have good reason to believe there is a link between the shooting on an island where a Labour Party youth camp was taking place and an explosion in central Oslo earlier, police spokesman Bjorn Erik Sem-Jacobsen tells Norwegian state broadcaster NRK.

Ya think? What are the odds of two unrelated terroristic-style attacks happening at the same time.

dont worry, the department of homeland security realizes the attackers aren't always extremists. in fact after watching their latest "if you see something say something" video they seem to be very focused on the fact that instead of muslim extremists it could be anyone. watch the video, no turbans, no allah akbar, nothing.

So true, just last week I saw them scanning and patting down a girls college soccer team at the airport. I feel much safer now.

You could cripple a country with coordinated national wide small and frequent attacks.
Agreed. Which is why I've been surprised that we haven't had such attacks. High tension power lines, microwave repeaters, cell towers, pipelines, etc., are all basically impossible to protect.

My most heartfelt thoughts go out to our friends across the pond.

God Bless all the men and women of the US Armed Forces who make terrorists dead.

except it was extremists... http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/world/europe/23oslo.html?_r=2&hp

"helpers of the global jihad" claimed responsibility.

How can you be so sure the people that claimed responsibility for the attack PAID someone to do this, and religious fanaticism was NOT the motivation behind the perpetrators actions?

Are you so blind that you can't see that this is a lot bigger than a bunch of wacko jihadists out to get us because we're free?

These people have money because of the heroine trade! Guess who'se the biggest drug dealer in the world? I'll give you a hint:

afghanistan-opium-fields%5B3%5D.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom