Bloomberg Hates Freedom (formerly Flintlocks)

The anti-gun people are always saying "the founders never envisioned an M16 in the hands of the population, they only had flintlock guns when they wrote the 2nd ammendment". And here is someone with a genuine reproduction of a 1776 musket, and he's still being banned from owning it without permission from the state.

Living in NYC...

Poll is currently running at 95% in his favor. Take poll:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...rifle_has_brooklyn_man_at_odds_with_cops.html

Up in arms over gun: Replica rifle has Brooklyn man at odds with cops

BY Joseph Goldstein
DAILY NEWS WRITER

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 4:00 AM
Zalcman for News

Michael Littlejohn holds the custom-made rifle in question.
Up in arms

Like America's first soldiers at the Battle of Brooklyn, Michael Littlejohn is fighting for his right to bear arms.

The Revolutionary War buff charges the Bloomberg administration with tyranny for trying to seize his handmade flintlock rifle - a dead ringer for the weapon once used against the redcoats.

"This is the last legal gun that you can have without registration in New York," Littlejohn said. "And yet Mayor Bloomberg is driven crazy by my flintlock gun - the one that won the American Revolution."

Littlejohn fired the first shot when he hired a Tennessee blacksmith to recreate the vintage rifle. It arrived at his Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, apartment in June - followed quickly by city cops.

Police claim it's illegal for Littlejohn to keep the flintlock without a gun license.

Littlejohn, 50, cites the earliest American patriots as his inspiration while refusing to surrender his firearm or apply for a license.

The social worker is also clinging to a little-known exemption in the city's strict gun laws.

The loophole allows license-free ownership of "antique firearms" - defined as rifles that require the bullet and gunpowder to be loaded separately.

Littlejohn's rifle appears to fit the bill.

Loading the weapon, he explains, is a multistep process that takes several pokes with a ramrod and up to a minute to complete.

To fire, the rifle relies on a sharpened piece of flint that produces a spark when the trigger is pulled. That point is moot, Littlejohn says: He doesn't own gunpowder or bullets.

That's not enough to make the NYPD retreat.

The cops visited Littlejohn's apartment and sat down this month with the Tennessee blacksmith who forged the rifle.

The lead detective on the case told Littlejohn's lawyer that he had orders "from higher-ups" to pursue the case, according to an e-mail the lawyer sent to Littlejohn.

Littlejohn's interest in the Revolutionary War dates to his childhood. He grew up playing tag outside the upstate Newburgh house used in 1782-83 as Gen. George Washington's headquarters.

As an adult, he joined in Colonial American reenactments in Virginia and Georgia.

The NYPD learned about Littlejohn's $825 rifle when he left a receipt inside a Staples copy center, prompting a call to the cops.

Cops aren't threatening to arrest Littlejohn - yet. Lawyer Joyce David, who represented Littlejohn until it became too expensive, says her ex-client could wind up with a summons.

A police source says the war could end peacefully if Littlejohn applied for a permit with the NYPD handgun license division.

Littlejohn would rather fight. The Brooklynite says he's willing to sue for his rifle rights.

So ... the city is trying to enforce a law that doesn't exist, or something. Huh. What kind of world do we live in when some turd gloms a digarded receipt and snitches out some guy who's committed no crime to the commissariat? Frightening. Not surprising.

The anti-gun people are always saying "the founders never envisioned an M16 in the hands of the population, they only had flintlock guns when they wrote the 2nd ammendment". And here is someone with a genuine reproduction of a 1776 musket, and he's still being banned from owning it without permission from the state.

If that's the case,why don't the antis also say that the founders never envisioned TV,radio or the Internet?I imagine they never mention this?

He needs a few dozen more of them and teach the women and children to load them fast for when he needs them. I know personally I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of my muzzle loader with 150 grain black powder and 300 grain bullet.

If that's the case,why don't the antis also say that the founders never envisioned TV,radio or the Internet?I imagine they never mention this?
I guess the First ammendment doesen't apply?

That poll sucks... I don't support his right to keep the gun because its "clear it will never hurt anyone", I could care less if it "could hurt anyone"... No more or less than if he owned a chainsaw, axe, hammer, etc...

So ... the city is trying to enforce a law that doesn't exist, or something. Huh. What kind of world do we live in when some turd gloms a digarded receipt and snitches out some guy who's committed no crime to the commissariat? Frightening. Not surprising.

I regularly converse with NY'ers about Plaxico Burress (dumbarse) for shooting himself but
injuring no one but himself and to a man (almost) they want him to serve 7 years of jail
time (3.5yrs each for two counts of something). Talk about idiots who have drunk the
kool aid; so I should be surprised that NY'ers would rat each other out? I don't think so.
Why does this remind me of pre-WWII Germany? What a GD world we live in today...

EX-F***ing-ZACTLY!

Bloomberg should praise this guy for following (Bloomberg's version of) the Constitution so diligently and let him walk the streets of the city with that rifle slung over his back.

That is, if Bloomberg had a shred of anything resembling integrity, credibility, or respect for the common class.

So...um...never mind.

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/135114.html

My only question is: What is the name of this copy center that ratted him out?

Edit: Just saw that it was Staples. Ugh, yet another store I won't step foot in anymore.

If you read more closely, you'll see that "someone" found the receipt and informed the thought police. It doesn't indicate that it was the management or an employee of the store. Maybe I'm just sensitive because I get all my copying for my classes done at Staples. The only comment I've ever had was an employee signing up for a class.

Ken

I'm sure the founding fathers would want us to have the same rifles the military has. (<-- not sarcasm, in case anyone was confused).

Bloomberg is a walking pile, never could stand him.

This is what happens when you give a liberal government too much money and power. What they should be worrying about the multitude of people getting shot with illegal weapons in the city, but why go after them, they are just poor misguided youth. It's a lot easier to beat down some poor guy who just wants to have a flintlock for historical purposes.

Idiots....

Good for this guy. Unfortunatly they're going to try and use their greater resources to bankrupt this guy and force him to capitulate. Per the article he already had to discharge his atty due to cost.

I'm sure the founding fathers would want us to have the same rifles the military has. (<-- not sarcasm, in case anyone was confused).

That's why they wrote the Second Amendment the way they did. They really hated the idea of standing armies and wanted the country to be protected by citizen soldiers. Or they at least wanted a small standing army that could be controlled by the citizen soldiers.

Of course no politician understands that now, or if they do, they are afraid of citizen soldiers.

I think the problem runs deeper than that - it wasn't the mayor that turned the guy in........

New York has always been a cesspit of nutjobs - all the way back to them welcoming the occupying British during the Revolution.

Bloombergs comments about the national right to carry law after it lost the vote was. If it would have passed then crimminals would be carrying concealed guns in NYC. Hey ! They already do!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom