FU!!!! Tulsa Police Chief: Might be Time to Trade Some Freedom for Gun Control

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Another COP that has no clue about the Constitution. EABODs!

Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin is calling for a 9/11 style response to gun violence and suggesting people may have to give up some of their freedom in exchange for gun control.

NPR posted an interview with Franklin on Sunday, noting he is critical of constitutional carry, wants more regulations on firearms that Democrats describe as “ghost guns,” and is open to a waiting period for the purchase of AR-15s and similar firearms.
Franklin said, “Law enforcement – we are the experts. ([rofl]) We’re the subject matter experts at protecting America – right? – protecting our cities. And, you know, we should be utilizing that in that manner. So I am charged with protecting this community. And if there are better ways of protecting it, I think we should be looking at those better ways to protect it.”
Public Radio Tulsa quoted Franklin saying:

Ultimately, I’m a Second Amendment guy…But I’m okay giving up some of that freedom, right? We had to give up some of that freedom after 9/11. I’m okay with waiting three days, five days, or whatever to get my firearm if I go out and purchase another firearm. So I’m okay with a pause to allow for weapons to be purchased and allow the government and the gun companies to look at the background and do a thorough check before that gun goes to someone.
Franklin compared giving up some freedom in exchange for gun control to the process people went through in adapting to seatbelt laws when they were first enacted.

That giving up freedom after 9/11 statement....
How many would NOT go along with that response looking back at it now?
Same will happen if we cave on 2A.
Gov't loves that extra power and will never give it back.

Also this guy is too much of a pussy to lay the blame on the politicians that created the environment (they sign his check) and even the idiot voters who keep believing their bullshit and electing them.

I’m a second amendment supporter BUT.

IOW, I don’t give a damn about the second amendment.

Remember kids - when seconds count - the police are only minutes away. YOU are your own first responder. Be prepared.

I’m a second amendment supporter BUT.

IOW, I don’t give a damn about the second amendment.

Remember kids - when seconds count - the police are only minutes away. YOU are your own first responder. Be prepared.
I'm a second amendmant supporter but its too restricted

Home come i cant get the gun of an 10 slave it to an electric motor and shoot a pack of smokes off a tank

Oklahoma is permitless carry, I would think something would have to done on the state level which hopefully won’t happen

"people may have to give up some of their freedom in exchange for gun control." - If he's referring to cops going around defenseless then yes I'm 100% behind it. He seems like a nice COP. The kind who will crack your skull and say it's department policy later at the lawsuit trial.

This is so typical of the whoring police chiefs. They think that they are all knowing. They somehow think that we should bow to their beliefs of what they determine what is best for us.

Gun violence isn't plaguing the nation, it's plaguing large cities in some states. Put people who commit violent crimes in prison for long terms and crime will go down.

Well, he's right: in order to get "gun control," you do have to give up freedoms.

Where he's wrong is thinking that's good. Or acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom