Black Rifles, Reputations, and Redemption: What Really Happened to Jim Zumbo

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
The blog post that started it

“We [meaning traditional hunters] don’t need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them,” he wrote, and suggested that game agencies should “ban” ARs from the field. “Excuse me, maybe I’m a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our fraternity…. I’ll go so far as to call them ‘terrorist’ rifles.”

The original NES thread Jim Zumbo of Outdoor Life labels AR-15s Terrorist Rifles

I remember that well and followed it closely. At that time we had a lot of guys who leaned toward that thinking. I remember guys at my gun club who would say things like: "Let them have the Uzis and AKs and they will leave us alone". All media driven. It all wore off and the old timers finally got the message. Just like the "Cop killer bullets" and the "Weapons of war". Jack.

I remember that well and followed it closely. At that time we had a lot of guys who leaned toward that thinking. I remember guys at my gun club who would say things like: "Let them have the Uzis and AKs and they will leave us alone". All media driven. It all wore off and the old timers finally got the message. Just like the "Cop killer bullets" and the "Weapons of war". Jack.
"Let them have the Uzis and AKs and they will leave us alone" -- Imagine how mentally weak a man has to be to think like that, the amount of guys you have to watch pound your wife to cower and spew garbage like that is amazing.

Eff him and the lesbian horse he rode in on.

Outdoor Life can suck it, too. The only good feature was the comedy by Patrick F McManus, once he stopped the magazine wasn’t worth its weight as ass wipe. (Besides, too glossy)

Having a platform like that and calling for a ban against any type of gun is criminally retarded. I hope he gets ass cancer.

It’s ok to hate a type of gun. I hate ARs, too. But if you want them, go ahead. It’s part of the fun to argue what we think sucks with people who like what we call crap. Not just guns, but cars, trucks and tools.

Zumbo not only doesn’t know what it’s Ike to be a gun owner, he doesn’t know what it’s like to be a man. Is his comeback being the dude in the dress everyone keeps posting in the funny thread?

Recently, OL has posted a bunch of woke shit on their FB feed. f*** them.

Maybe Dick Metcalf can join them.

"Let them have the Uzis and AKs and they will leave us alone" -- Imagine how mentally weak a man has to be to think like that, the amount of guys you have to watch pound your wife to cower and spew garbage like that is amazing.
Like people that actually play Cuckold Simulator? [rofl]

They'll never leave us alone. Anyone who cannot see that lives in a delusion. An appeaser is someone who feeds a croc, hoping it will eat them last.

Outdoor Life can suck it, too. The only good feature was the comedy by Patrick F McManus, once he stopped the magazine wasn’t worth its weight as ass wipe.
About 1987 while stationed in Germany, I bought a boxed set of McManus paperbacks. I loved his writing, but it was also worth the price to show the back cover photo to my regimental S3, who looked exactly like McManus.

Fast forward one marriage to 2001, and the very intriguing woman I'd met just a week before was perusing my bookshelves. And judging me, as I hoped she would.

"Oh my God, you have Patrick F. McManus! I love that guy!"

And thus was born a relationship that has lasted 20 years, and going strong. :)

Back
Top Bottom