Bill to Criminalize Expired Licenses and Photograph all Lawfully Owned Firearms

This would never happen. Seriously what is the point of pictures. That the stupidiest thing i ever heard. If they want pictures of the firearms why in the hell are we registering them? If someone with authority really wanted to know what I have they just have to pull me up in the system and it will tell them.

If that person is stupid enough not to know what the gun looks like by the make/mode/serial etc already privided they shouldn't have access to a computer.

If they want to know what my guns look like tell them to google it. [laugh]

On a side note though, all gun owners should have pictures of their guns showing serial numbers stored securely in case of theft. Even though we all do the legal thing and lock up our guns properly they can still get stolen. It would also help prove the condition of the gun if it is being reimbursed through insurance.

Last edited:
Just sit back and wait.At the rate Mass. Pols are being arrested,it's just a matter of time before they are all gone.lol

They need to turn us all into criminals so their fraud and bribery among other things do doesn't seem as bad. After all, according to Diane W, her bribes were appoved by the office of accountability or some such crap.[smile]

This would never happen. Seriously what is the point of pictures. That the stupidiest thing i ever heard. If they want pictures of the firearms why in the hell are we registering them?

The point is to create another hoop for you to jump through.

It's all about CONTROL. This, like many other overreaching, Draconian, Massachusetts gun laws, has nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with control.

The point is to create another hoop for you to jump through.

It's all about CONTROL. This, like many other overreaching, Draconian, Massachusetts gun laws, has nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with control.

I think i'll revert back to my previous statement if they want to see what any of my Glocks or Sigs look like i'll tell them to google it [grin]

Seems to me there are more than a few people out there with pre '98 FID cards that don't even know they are expired as they have not used them to buy ammo, shot, etc... since then, but still possess the evil instrument of destruction...

Going to make criminals out of another large group of innocent people...

[sad]

That is not speculation - I know that to be true.

Pictures of what I have? Not a chance.

Personally I have no problem with this the way it is worded. Please read it very carefully before you object. It's really not hard to comply with, not at all.

shall be accompanied by a photograph of the said number of the weapon, or weapons, covered thereunder.

IANAL but the way I read this, if I use MS Publisher and create a text file that reads as follows:

Handguns =3
Rifles = 2
Shotguns = 1
==============
Total guns = 6​

. . . and I photograph the printed text above, submit it with my application . . . the way I read it, I will have complied with the law (bill). So what's the problem? [rofl] [rolleyes]

Holy cow... how is throwing someone in jail for a lapse of license even justifiable? Does it reduce crime? Does it raise capital in the form of fees? No, it creates criminals of law abiding citizens. And photos?! Not on your life.

That bill is BS. It makes you a criminal overnight at the fault of an overworked department that can't get your license to you in time. So many ways to fall through the cracks on this one. They should cut the non sense and just try for the grabbing bill directly.

GOAL thread with more info

Did you ever think that if a chief really wants to screw with an individual, he/she could withhold the permit application until expiration and then under this bill, arrest and get a conviction for unlicensed possession?

Yup, a winning piece of steaming horseshit! Written by a sub-moron!!

Just sit back and wait.At the rate Mass. Pols are being arrested,it's just a matter of time before they are all gone.lol

There are plenty more corrupt folks just waiting for their turn to take the place of those indicted/convicted . . . to feed at the public trough! [thinking]

The problem is that these shitbags fear no consequence to creating these anti-rights bills. There is no reason to fear law-obiding gun owners. We are a peaceful bunch.

This is giving me a headache. Bottom line I agree with the post that we should all be GOAL members. If it were not for groups like GOAL, NRA, NES, ect. some of this crap would be under the radar.

Personally I have no problem with this the way it is worded. Please read it very carefully before you object. It's really not hard to comply with, not at all.

I was reading that and wondering if the word 'serial' accidentally got dropped in the copy of the text GOAL posted, and if what the law actually wants is pictures of the serial numbers.

The dirtbag from Lawrence would better serve his constituents, as well as all Massachusetts residents, by cleaning up his own house. And by that I mean the absolutely slimey and corrupt Massachusetts legislature. THAT'S where the real criminals are. Prosecute THEM! And who knows, maybe himself too.

OK letter writing campaign coming up. Just let me know when the time is right to shoot a round across this idiot's bow, and any other idiot who attempts to sponsor his lunacy.

EDIT: OK I'm finally convinced I need to help GOAL by becoming a member. Looks like they need all the help they can get.

We should borrow the NRA's playbook: Never Re-elect Again! GOAL should handpick a few anti 2A state legislators and organize grass-root campaigns to unseat them. I will definitely volunteer on phone banks, knock on doors or hold signs at street corners when this dirtbag is up for re-election.

IF we can unseat a few of them, maybe the rest on Beacon Hill will get the message not to mess with lawful gun owners in the state again. We have to put some FEAR in these morons in the state general court.

Last edited:
I was reading that and wondering if the word 'serial' accidentally got dropped in the copy of the text GOAL posted, and if what the law actually wants is pictures of the serial numbers.

I called Lantigua's office and talked to his aid. This is indeed what the bill is asking for. The aid didn't know all the details but this is a, poor, reaction to something that happened in Lawrence where a lawfully owned gun was lost or stolen and not reported. So, Lantigua's illogical reaction is to require everyone to send in pictures of the serial numbers.

As far as I can tell, they hadn't thought through the amount of beaurocrasy it would take to deal with all these pictures. I said that it's an onerous burden on lawful gun owners in an already onerous state. Further, I told him it would cost a lot of tax money to administer whatever system would keep track of these pictures. Then, I told him a more logical solution would be a fine for not reporting a lost or stolen gun though even more logical would be actually punishing those who stole the gun.

Also, with regards to the first part of the proposal, I told him that it took me 2.5 months to get my LTC when it should take 40 days. So, if this happened during my renewal (the same process), he's be turning me into a felon when I hadn't actually made any illegal action. The aid said (paraphrasing) "well I don't think it's calling for making it a felony but there may be jail time associated". I told him that's marginally less bad.

Finally, he stated they didn't want to put burdens on lawful gun owners or infringe on their rights. I retorted that the first part of the legislation threatens to jail someone for simply possessing a gun that he or she is legally allowed to own but for a one day lapse in licensing.

In any event, he stated that they've gotten a number of calls and emails about this. I did my best to have civil discourse with him and hopefully something sunk in. We'll see if the rep calls back.

Last edited:

Well in that case, I can send them pictures of S/Ns. Of course it won't ID which S/N goes with which gun, but they can have S/Ns! [devil]

This reminds me of the "original Ch. 180" which actually stated that the drop tests for handguns REQUIRED the gun to go off when dropped in order to PASS the test. Again, I reiterate . . . these laws are written by sub-morons who haven't a frickin clue what they are writing . . . neither grammatically or what problem they are attempting to solve.

+3 to you for doing something! Good job and many thanks.

Thanks Clinotus.

I got the impression the aid honestly didn't want to hurt lawful gun owners but also that he just didn't get it and somehow thought this bill would "help".

I'll reply back if the rep actually calls (don't hold your breath).

Sure they can have some pics... I hope they don't mind the assless chaps.
[rofl2]
I reiterate . . . these laws are written by sub-morons who haven't a frickin clue what they are writing . . . neither grammatically or what problem they are attempting to solve.
Y'know, Brother Len, I'm so glad that you mellowed out last year when you stopped being a moderator. I know that even though some of the idiots in our government are reading your opinion of them, they're grateful that you're a kinder, gentler, LenS. [laugh] [laugh]

This reminds me of the "original Ch. 180" which actually stated that the drop tests for handguns REQUIRED the gun to go off when dropped in order to PASS the test.

Len, just think of the horror with that provision- only Jennings and Lorcins would be on the EOPS roster. [laugh]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom