Big Mass buck!!

A friend of mine got this guy on camera.... [shocked]

deer006.jpg

deer009.jpg

deer011.jpg

deer005.jpg

WOW, that's impressive!

i see light tan and darker brown coming through. Is it normal for their coats to change?

the reason i ask, and i'm sorry if it's OT, is because my GF sister and brother in law bought a house in RI. The previous owner used to feed the deer. One week we saw a tan doe, and 2 days ago it looked like the same deer, but the coat was a lot darker and brown.

I have been told, (and have no idea if it is true) that in times of heavy mosquitoes, deer flies, etc, the deer will tend to spend more time out in the open and sunlight. This tends to darken their coats. Once the bugs die off, they go back to staying in cover, and the coats lighten up.

WOW, that's impressive!

i see light tan and darker brown coming through. Is it normal for their coats to change?

the reason i ask, and i'm sorry if it's OT, is because my GF sister and brother in law bought a house in RI. The previous owner used to feed the deer. One week we saw a tan doe, and 2 days ago it looked like the same deer, but the coat was a lot darker and brown.

Awesome buck especially in Mass. They are out there, thats what keeps us going out there looking for the "racker." The reason the darker brown is comming thru the reddish tan coat is because he is putting on his winter coat getting ready for old man winter.

Bob

I'd like to see the rack after the velvet is rubbed off. Great deer, you'll have to do your homework to get him!

Hopefully he has passed his genes to many does and his offspring are as wise as he is. Truly a keeper.

Back
Top Bottom