• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2024 Trout Stocking Massachusetts

Maybe not a lot of snow melt....but plenty of river flooding with 4" of rain we will have by the end of Sunday.
The flooding can be good because it may actually encourage the fish to move a bit further from where they get dumped.

Also, rain was my favorite time to fish for them because I would have many of the spots to myself.

The flooding can be good because it may actually encourage the fish to move a bit further from where they get dumped.

Also, rain was my favorite time to fish for them because I would have many of the spots to myself.
This....its is good to get them dispersed.

They stock a ton of places near my house....and a few local spots that not many go to so I'm lucky to have lots of places mid week to go with little or no competition.

Not sure if it makes sense to stock rivers when they are over their banks in many places.

Every year MA states "455,000" trout stocked. How real is this number?

Not sure if it makes sense to stock rivers when they are over their banks in many places.

Every year MA states "455,000" trout stocked. How real is this number?
Makes sense. In my area the Quinapoxet, Stillwater, and Trout Brook rarely go over their banks even in the crazy weather we've had lately. The Quinnie was stocked in a couple places on 3/28.

Just picked up a couple smoked rainbows my friend caught this week in one of the large local ponds. These are big 18" fish and based on their size and deep, dark color they holdovers from a season or two ago.

I had no idea that Walden Pond held some large trout. Apparently some big brook trout are there? I'll be in Maine but a friend is fishing there in the next couple days.

Back
Top Bottom