• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Couple of White Tail bucks 'squaring up' on the edge of my property, 6am

I guessing they are brothers that I've seen on my property since their birth. Seems like they were more interested in food than fighting, they did a little half-hearted sparring and resumed eating. Nice grey coats, hard to see as it was foggy but looked like 4 pointers, maybe 150 lbs. Big tree in the back field would give me a about a 20-30 yard shot. I'm getting hungry thinking about venison backstrap.

A deer hunting buddy and I were sitting outside my garage looking in my back fields Friday, believe I spotted him behind a large rock, they took off and ran to the edge of the back of the far field. My buddy said 200 pounds easy, didn't spook but he looked us over for about 7 minutes. He's got to be the big boy that sorry a lot of deer, first time I've actually seen him.

I got a phone call and was told I was getting a freight delivery today and when the truck when he got here it's about 5.30 it's pretty black chick got out and walked up to me and said, "Mister you got a stuffed deer in your backyard", I'm like what! "You got a big stuff deer in your backyard she reiterated....lol NO, then I looked that big ass Buck was chompimg on a on the mistletoe type bush with red berries, I told her quick get your camera, she jumped up in the front seat of the truck and then slammed the door and the big boy started walking off, pretty funny. She get a video but it sucked for detail

The bowhunter just came to my door and shot the 10 pointer somewhere in the swamp behind me. go to knock on my door today and he asked permission to track him,unfortunately not a killshot. Well, he’s a picture of him That I took last week

Attachments

• IMG_1053.jpeg
    IMG_1053.jpeg
    971.2 KB · Views: 41
The bowhunter just came to my door and shot the 10 pointer somewhere in the swamp behind me. go to knock on my door today and he asked permission to track him,unfortunately not a killshot. Well, he’s a picture of him That I took last week
The deer die yet? Tell the hunter to give ya some of the meat lol.
Few deers hiding in the wood behind my place, scare the crap out of me the other night.can not shoot em cause they in the city,well i shot one in the butt with my slingshot one time.

Well, the big suck on the 10 pointer the hunter searched for two consecutive days and can’t find him. Looks like game over for him and a happy Thanksgiving for the coyotes. By the way, he told me that he was at the buck scrape, and peed on it “to get the buck angry, I guess he did. The buck popped up right in front of him, he took shot the thing with his hog out, but he gut shot it. A sucky way for a majestic animal to die.

:(

A client of mine shot a good sized buck. . . . 6-7 years ago on his property. Bow shot. The thing took off. He searched until well after dark. Nada. Nothing.

Next day early - nada.

The FOLLOWING day, his neighbor across the street calls him. "Found your deer." It was IN his pond. Thankfully underwater the entire time so there was minimal losses.

He had a lot of guys pissed that year. It was a big buck that many were chasing in the area. He'd seen it once before on a camera. Probably 4-5 guys were claiming "that's MY buck you shot." ROFL!!!!

He's not actually the big buck10 point thats been hanging around the property for the last three weeks which is good I guess. I've actually gotten to like seeing him. The bow hunter offered me a pile of venison steaks and meat.... An offer I can't refuse

Back
Top Bottom