• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holden's Tom O'Shea picked to lead Mass. Department of Fish and Game

They burn the Southwick WMA likes it's there mission. Seriously .. sometimes twice a year.
The last couple years they burned it 3 weeks before pheasant season started. Then this year they burned it again in the early spring.
This fall they also did a ton of logging smack dab in the middle of pheasant season.

Place is completely void of any kind of wildlife.
I understand how a prescribed burn is necessary every few years but I really believe they over burn this spot.

And three weeks before pheasant season is a kick in the nuts to hunters.. especially since it's the only stocked WMA around.
My opinion is places should be burned early to late spring....it would kill the ticks and bugs, and act like fertilizer for new growth. I would think once a year would be enough.

I do understand limitations though of personnell, and they have to burn when they can.

I do understand limitations though of personnell, and they have to burn when they can.
Aside from the benefits to nature, it also provides some good training for newer firefighters.

I mentioned this program to the guy who runs GWLT yesterday, and he also thought it was a great idea. I suggested he put in a request with them to do Moose Hill in Leicester/Spencer.

I don't know if you guys realize it or not, The Fish and Game Commissioner has no control over Mass Fish and Wildlife. That position is token at best.

I don't know if you guys realize it or not, The Fish and Game Commissioner has no control over Mass Fish and Wildlife. That position is token at best.
Honestly, I was going to say......theres Fish and Game and there's Fish and Wildlife. I meant....WTF? Token positions taken to use our money for votes is all this bullshit is.

What in the Fxck does Fish and Game do?

In an answer to the previous two postings Mass F & W are under the control of the "Seven Person Board". They confirm all hiring and promotions at Fakers and Wankers (I don't like Mass F&W as you can see) Mass Marine Fishers also has independent oversite. The Commissioner's is mostly responsible for the payroll and HR issues.

Back
Top Bottom