• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big E gun shows

Does anybody have any info on gun shows at the Big-E this year ??
Thought there usually something about this time of year but can't find any dates at all..Thier web site is nothing but advertising a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with anything interesting..
Is there anything else in western Mass. at all anymore ?? That damn AG has really messed up everything good..

I go to the Big E gun show almost religiously. Mainly because it's about the only show close by. I've found a few good buys over the years. A really sweet Mossberg M44US(a) that appears to have been a West Point Rifle Team gun for all of $80. Bought my first Glock 19 there years ago. Plus a few other nice deals. Lately good deals are few and far between but I still go to look, touch, buy accessories, and just in general try to support the continuance of shows like these. Almost the same way I contribute to pro-gun organizations.

The show is pricey. $5 to park (car-pool if you can). $8 to get in (you can save a buck if you get the coupon in The Republican or SGN. Food is expensive. But on the plus side it's not all that good. (joke)

But it's fun to go, look around, meet people, and possibly find that one sweet deal that makes it worthwhile.

We usually go also. Just keep in mind that some of the dealers raise their prices for the show. AAA Guns is one. They have a shop close to the Big E. As far as food goes wouldn't buy there,but there is a good restaurant just up the road,Century Buffet, in the Century Plaza. It's an all you can eat.
We go mainly to buy cleaning supplies, and for my Russian vendor where I get my stacking dolls from.

True it is the only show around anymore..There once was quite a few good shows in the area,Sturbridge,Framingham,Pittsfield,southern VT and NH..
Always tried to make them all but last year got nowhere due to medical problems..Hope this year will be different..
Prices are getting redundant but this is Mass..Hell a used handgun costs more here than a new one anywhere else in the world..
Getting so there arn't many gun stores left in this end of the state either..
Hate to say it but someday soon our hobbies of collecting and shooting guns will be a thing of the past,may I never see it..

C-pher said:
It looks like I'll be working at this show as well. So if you see the Powder Keg signs, drop by and say Hi. I'm going to be there both days, all day.

Did you mean that you are working the Big E show this cominbg weekend? If so, I'll be sure to stop by and introduce myself.

MrsWildweasel said:
hey, C-pher. You are more than welcome to stop by the house if you'd like.

I would, but I'm riding up there with two other people and all the equipment. And I don't know what time we'll get out of there.

I do know that we have to be at the Big E at 6:30 or 7. SO that means that we're meeting up at about 4 or 5 here.

It would really tire me out. I have a really good case of Bronchitis/asthma going on. Bad enough that I agreed to go on Prednisone and I absolutly hate going on that. Otherwise I am sure we'd be there. Glenn will be busy enough putting a new chimney through the roof this weekend for the pellet stove upstairs.[grin]

It's the emotions in the blender that I don't like. Not knowing which one will pop up. I started at 60mg and tapering down each day.

So who is going?

I'll be at Springfield tomorrow morning with my sights set on an SVT40 in my price range. Glock t shirt, black Falcon fishing rods hat and long ponytail are my most noticeable traits. If anyone recognizes me, point me in the right direction for an SVT40.
This could be a packed show. Lots of folks have their tax checks back already.

Milsurps 4 Me said:
I'll be at Springfield tomorrow morning with my sights set on an SVT40 in my price range. Glock t shirt, black Falcon fishing rods hat and long ponytail are my most noticeable traits. If anyone recognizes me, point me in the right direction for an SVT40.
This could be a packed show. Lots of folks have their tax checks back already.
Have fun and good luck in your quest!

singular,allegra,flonase
Tried Singulair, but it didn't do anything for me. Neither did Allegra. I can't take Sudafed -- it makes me crazy.

So for me it is Flonase, Zyrtec, and Mucinex. And Rozerem for the insomnia. And a CPAP machine for sleep apnea.

Gettin' old isn't for wimps...

M1911 said:
Tried Singulair, but it didn't do anything for me. Neither did Allegra. I can't take Sudafed -- it makes me crazy.

So for me it is Flonase, Zyrtec, and Mucinex. And Rozerem for the insomnia. And a CPAP machine for sleep apnea.

Gettin' old isn't for wimps...

No kidding everything happened after I turned 40.[laugh]

M1911 said:
I can't take Sudafed -- it makes me crazy.

Heh, don't mean to drift off topic here but that coment reminded me of something a friend of mine posted on my myspace page and I figured i'd share it here.

0388895d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom