Better late than never!

rogues

NES Member
Finally got my twin 12 year olds to the range yesterday. It's been a couple years since we've been, and then we just plinked with their 10/22s so they haven't had nearly as much experience as I wanted, but it's tough with our schedules.

Anyways, yesterday I finally had a day off when they were around, so we started with the 10/22s and I decided to move on to 22 pistol, which went well, although one of the twins wasn't willing to move beyond that. Wanting to see how far I could take things, I brought out my Glock 34 and let my other one work with it a bit. She loved it. After a few mags she does this:

[video]https://youtu.be/55zxkslrZTI[/video]

I was beaming. I'm going to be certain to keep it around for when the boys start showing up... Gotta get those kids to the range more!

That is awesome on so many levels. I bet the twins will remember this range trip with Dad for a long time.

And that young lady can shoot ! You were just presented with a perfect reason to buy 2 new firearms. I am thinking S&W Pro series 1911's in 9mm. It's for the children.

BTW - looks like we belong to the same club.

<grumble grumble> Darn kids and their perfect 20/20 eyesight! <grumble grumble>

congrats, need to get my 13 year old out there.

Wanting to see how far I could take things, I brought out my Glock 34 and let my other one work with it a bit. She loved it. After a few mags she does this:

[video]https://youtu.be/55zxkslrZTI[/video]

That's some good parenting right there. Well done!

Of course, I'm jealous your daughter shoots better than I do. Stupid old eyes.....

Great shooting! Way to go dad too. Good on you for passing down an important skill and safety also.

What age did you get them started? My daughter is 6 and i cant wait to bring her

My son started at 6 with a pellet gun in the back yard, and it was rapidly apparent that he was good at it. Bought "his" first rifle for Christmas a month before his 8th birthday. He is 15 now and costs me a pretty penny in ammo.

His younger sister on the other hand had very little interest. She would shoot the pellet gun, and accompanied us to the range a couple of times, but never would pull the trigger, even on a 22. She will be 13 next month. However, she loves her compound bow and often spends hours drilling away at her target cube.

My son's latest joy ( aside from football and weight lifting ) is throwing the Tomahawk. He is good at it, like better than I am because he practices a lot.

Our oldest is 24, and she just got her LTC. I paid for it as part of her birthday gift, along with her first carry gun, safe, ammo, holster and accessories. She doesn't carry regularly but that is fine. At a recent family event, her libtard, Hillary supporting, Aunt asked her why she got it, and my daughter told her because she refused to be a victim, and because her younger brother and sister were basically trained assassins. LOL.

Sorry for the long reply, but the point is every kid is different. Guide, support and encourage, but never push. I have always stressed safety first and then fun. Some kids will never be shooters and that is ok. Fun is shooting reactive targets. Even with a pellet gun, give a kid a dozen eggs, some tomatoes or even water filled soda cans or water bottles, and watch what happens.

Back
Top Bottom