Beto Heads to a gun show to trying to remain relevant.

Not a goddamn thing. No laws have been broken. Perhaps you'd like to prove otherwise.

I have sold (and bought) many guns to people I've never seen before and will never see again. So have millions of people. You've got a little Stockholm Syndrome going there.

True,but I really don't need the ATF knocking on my door asking me why I sold a gun to a federally prohibited person after that person commits a crime.

Even in the land of "freedom",wouldn't you rather not be harassed or questioned by the ATF ?

In my prison cell suffering from Stockholm Syndrome I try my hardest to limit my interactions with .gov officials.

I would at least do a bill of sale and add checklist or something stating that the person is not a federally prohibited from purchasing a gun and make him sign it.

I just don't trust strangers :D

True,but I really don't need the ATF knocking on my door asking me why I sold a gun to a federally prohibited person after that person commits a crime.

Even in the land of "freedom",wouldn't you rather not be harassed or questioned by the ATF ?

In my prison cell suffering from Stockhlom Syndrome I try my hardest to limit my interactions with .gov officials.

I would at least do a bill of sale and add checklist or something stating that the person is not a federally prohibited from purchasing a gun and make him sign it.

Warning, Thread Drift Ahead:

Everyone has their own risk threshold. Me? Flash me a driver's license (and P&RL if pistol). No bill of sale for buy or sell. It's a deal breaker for me. I'm not giving my personal details to someone else to do...what with? And I wouldn't ask that of someone else. It's already against the law for a PP to try to obtain a firearm. I don't add extra-legal requirements; if the law required it, well...it'd be required.

YMMV.

In my prison cell suffering from Stockholm Syndrome I try my hardest to limit my interactions with .gov officials.

The fed law uses the term "knowingly". This is a big deal. In other words, if a guy sells his brother, a PP, a handgun, the feds could bag him, because it'd be unlikely his own brother didn't know he was a PP, etc. For a
stranger? Gobs of plausible deniability.

You could still get visited on a trace as a pass through regardless. Say you sold it through an FFL, and that guy
that bought it via the FFL got it stolen from him, and a gangbanger plugged someone with it, you're still getting a
visit after the recovery, although it won't last long.

The only way to protect yourself from any possible trace requests is:

Only buy new guns, as in like, brand new, not even new old stock etc. Must be factory > FFL or factory > distributor > FFL, nothing else. Buying used guns is a liability for paranoids because there's no way to know its past. Don't sell or give away a gun or loan it to anyone. If you don't want it any more, destroy it.

And even that isn't good enough, kopsch have f***ed up serial numbers on trace requests, etc, too, off by one
errors, etc. But if that happened to you, buy a fistful of powerball tickets or something, because your odds are better... [laugh]

The odds are small enough I'm not too worried about it, regardless.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom