1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Beto Heads to a gun show to trying to remain relevant.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thirwell1216, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Thirwell1216

Thirwell1216 NES Member

Looks like Beto pays his $10 to get in for some photo ops and finds a guy selling ARs for $395 to rail on. His staff cherry picked or made up a dealer that says only FFLs should be selling at shows:

Beto O'Rourke visits gun show in Arkansas one day after releasing gun control plan

[​IMG]

Beto O'Rourke visits gun show in Arkansas one day after releasing gun control plan

2020 Democratic hopeful Beto O'Rourke visited a gun show in Little Rock, Arkansas, on Saturday, one day after releasing a gun control plan that included mandatory buybacks for assault weapons. O'Rourke returned to the campaign trail on Thursday after taking a 12-day hiatus following the mass shooting in which 22 people were killed in his hometown of El Paso on August 3.

"In Arkansas, I listened to gun owners and sellers — and appreciated hearing their perspectives," the Texas Democrat posted on social media. "But as the plan we released yesterday says, if I'm president, you wouldn't be able to buy weapons of war for $395. You wouldn't be able to buy them at all."

In Arkansas, I listened to gun owners and sellers—and appreciated hearing their perspectives. But as the plan we released yesterday says, if I’m president, you wouldn’t be able to buy weapons of war for $395. You wouldn’t be able to buy them at all. pic.twitter.com/Pz8KuFq9Tt
    — Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) August 17, 2019

O'Rourke's gun show visit was first reported by ABC News, which reported it was an unannounced visit. According to ABC News, O'Rourke paid $10 to get into the event and spoke to a gun seller there. The gun seller said he would support a requirement that gun-show sellers like him get a federal firearms license.

In a statement about the visit, O'Rourke's campaign said "in a democracy and in this country, I hope, you're never allowed to write anybody off because they're a Republican, because they're a gun seller, because they're at a gun show. In fact, if you want to solve and address these challenges, listen to the people who understand it perhaps in some ways better than anybody."

The National Rifle Association responded to O'Rourke's tweet, quoting "if I'm president" and then writing "Beto: Have you taken a look at the polls?" with the crying-while-laughing emoji. O'Rourke responded, "Yeah. I've seen them. 70% of Americans support an assault weapons ban, including most Republicans."

O'Rourke on Friday released a sweeping plan to combat gun violence, which included bringing back the assault weapons ban, working with Congress to enact background checks, a gun-licensing and registry system and mandatory buybacks for assault weapons. The plan also included a platform to combat white nationalism.

In his return to the campaign trail on Thursday, O'Rourke vowed to concentrate his campaign on communities where he said President Trump has been "terrorizing, and terrifying and demeaning our fellow Americans

2. 67ray

67ray NES Member

Love how Beto tweets a picture with the Trump 2020 banner in the background - nice

Asaltweapon, daekken, xjma99 and 3 others like this.
  3. Agnotology

Agnotology

a $400 AR? I've found heaven.....

4. Canndo

Canndo NES Member

5. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Guns shows are private, right? Who let him in?

Boston4567 likes this.
  6. Devils Paintbrush

Devils Paintbrush NES Member

Listened to gun owners, sure he did. /s

"Yeah. I've seen them. 70% of Americans support an assault weapons ban, including most Republicans."

Blatant lie, but that doesn't matter either. The internet has created so many of these clowns. His ideas are the equivalent of a plague on this nation.

I personally don't think he is qualified to manage an ice cream truck.

7. BREWINZ

BREWINZ

His name is Robert FFS...

8. cockpitbob

cockpitbob NES Member

Wearing skinny jeans should disqualify him from public office. Being too stupid to know his own limitations is a double-disqualifier.

Somewhere in here there's an opportunity for a "Lighten up Francis" joke. I just can't come up with it today.

9. CatSnoutSoup

CatSnoutSoup NES Member

10. Golddiggie

Golddiggie NES Member

What's the requirements in Arkansas for private gun sales? That's the only way the seller wouldn't need a FFL. But that's ONLY if the state allows private sales without something like what the PRM has. Or if you don't know the person you need to use a FFL. If the buyer and seller are not from the same state, then a FFL needs to be used anyway.

Sounds like the "seller" was a plant.

11. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

Look at all those fake likes.

CatSnoutSoup likes this.
  12. Sniper (+)

Sniper (+)

$395? I won't even bother to look in the for sale forum on here, it will just piss me off.

Cipher likes this.
  13. ScottS

ScottS NES Member

In the majority of the US, there's no requirement for an FFL in private transactions. And I'm not sure where you got the idea "if you don't know the person you need to use an FFL?" Even in NH, that statute only applies to handgun sales. Private, face-to-face sales are just that.

"Here is money."
    "Here is gun."
    "Thank you."
    "Thank you."

And what's wrong with that?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Boston4567 likes this.
  14. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

HTF does he expect credit for "I went in with a desire to ban guns; heard their concerns; and came out with my viewpoint unaltered?".
    It takes a bit over 12 weeks to complete Marine boot camp if you have the right stuff.

It takes 4 years for med school and at least 3 years of residency to become an MD.

So, by Beto's logic there is something wrong with basic military training costing less than med school.

carparts and 5811 like this.
  15. xjma99

xjma99 NES Member

Welcome to free America bro!!

Toss a 100 dollar fancy BCG and a 30 dollar upgraded gas tube and it will be just as good as any 2500 dollar AR you can buy in mass.

Bt74 likes this.
  16. Golddiggie

Golddiggie NES Member

I know about the long gun version in NH too. But I also don't recall seeing anyone at a gun show, selling gunscatca table, that didn't have a FFL. I've seen people walking up to tables trying to sell guns (to a FFL).

If I'm buying, or selling, I'd be more relaxed if both parties had carry permits. Unless I know the person. But that's just me being a bit paranoid.

17. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Very Presidential...

Canndo likes this.
  18. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Any gun show that'd let him in is retarded, then again they probably got paid off....

19. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

klutz
    /kləts/

Learn to pronounce

noun

noun: klutz; plural noun: klutzes
    a clumsy, awkward, or foolish person.
    synonyms: oaf, ape, blunderer, bungler, hulk; More

20. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

What a simpleton birdbrain.
    My ar is to keep me alive, ponder that one Robert Francis.

CatSnoutSoup likes this.
  21. ScottS

ScottS NES Member

Private sellers are all over gun shows, and why not? I understand your comment on feeling "relaxed," but we're talking about the law here. And in Arkansas, as well as the majority of this grand land, there is no requirement that the parties be known to each other, or to have carry permits, to complete a lawful face-to-face sale. In Arkansas, the law only specifies "No one may transfer a firearm to a minor without the consent of a parent or legal guardian; or who is otherwise known to be prohibited from possessing a firearm by state or federal law."

Boston4567 likes this.
  22. BigTimber

BigTimber NES Member

Do except someone to recognize him at the door? Judging by his poll numbers his next door neighbors don’t know him.

23. Greg

Greg

If the person you just sold that handgun to uses it in a crime and is also a prohibited person,what do you think happens when they trace the serial number ?

Personally,I would only sell FTF with someone I know,I don't see myself ever being desperate enough to sell a gun to a complete stranger on the street and just hope he doesn't go postal.

24. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

You left out free floating a quality barrel.

25. Thirwell1216

Thirwell1216 NES Member

A $129 drop in trigger makes it as just as nice as the over priced "pre-healy" specials found in MA.

26. rep308

rep308 NES Member

Remember he is Irish Catholic, baptized and confirmed, Robert Francis O’Roark. The Beto crap is just like Liz the fake Indian.

W.E.C and Cap'n Mike like this.
  27. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias NES Member

This is either:

A. Bullsh*t.
    B. The Gun Parlor has a store in Arkansas.

28. ScottS

ScottS NES Member

Not a goddamn thing. No laws have been broken. Perhaps you'd like to prove otherwise.

I have sold (and bought) many guns to people I've never seen before and will never see again. So have millions of people. You've got a little Stockholm Syndrome going there.

Super99Z likes this.
  29. citoriguy

citoriguy NES Member

Anyone going in as a presidential candidate with a mandatory buyback agenda is guaranteed to lose. Plain and simple.

30. ScottS

ScottS NES Member

Fixed. I can't stand the left's double-speak. You can't buy back what you never owned in the first place. They're talking confiscation, plain and simple.

exodious likes this.