Best range in the "Worcester" area to date?

I do most all of my shooting in Maine at a friends private range and at a few pits. I've held off getting a membership locally here in MA for far too long. For those in the know... what's the best range in my area? I'm just Southeast of Worcester and would prefer something local... no more than 20/30 minutes away would be nice.

Worcester Rifle and Pistol looks to be a nice place - we shoot against them in one of my bullseye leagues and it's one of the better indoor facilities - I haven't shot at their outdoor ranges. They're off of Rt. 140 just north of I-290, so might be within your 30-minute range.

www.wprclub.com/index.asp

Grafton's got a nice little club - North Grafton Fish, Game and Bird Club. Their webpage is pretty out of date but I'll PM you their VP's email address and you can talk to her about checking the club out.

Or you can come down on November 22nd to the Franklin Lodge Turkey Shoot and check it out while trying to win a turkey!

Worcester Pistol and Rifle is the only club I have experience with out that way, but it's an excellent one. Nice set of ranges, and no BS rules.

Thanks for the replies.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle is the only club I have experience with out that way, but it's an excellent one. Nice set of ranges, and no BS rules.

That was one of my concerns as well, having to put up with senseless rules.

I am going to explore the ranges that are the shortest distance from me first. Right now it looks like the range in Worcester would be #2 and the range in Grafton #1.

Depending on your exact location, there is Rockdale Gun Club in Northbridge. Cheap, usually empty, and no B.S. rules at all.
Or Hopedale, Uxbridge, etc. I am only familar with Rockdale though.

Back
Top Bottom