Best Incapasitating Mace opinions please....................

Think I saw Sabre at BassPro last week too.

BassPro.........Cool. Yes theres a po-po supply in Dedham and a large new one in West Roxbury near the VA too that might have it. Thanks for ALL the replies. I think I'll go for the Sabre Red. I really thought I'd get better responses here than joining a OC/OS type forum!. Thanks Again!

IIRC, Sabre measures their %OC based on the solution. Many other companies measure the %OC prior to mixing. So, in general, you will get a better concentration going with the Sabre product.

Sabre Red is good stuff, slowed me down a bit, but it was definitely faster acting than other sprays I have been hit with.

I know nothing about this Vexor stuff. I do know that there are some sprays out there that do border on cruel and unusual punishment though.

Just remember, with any spray, a few short bursts (1/2-1 second) are better than hosing down the subject.

Also, you might want to direct further questions towards Mr. Twigg's son. I believe he is now an authority on OC![wink]

I had some of sabre from bass pro (before I had it pilfered out of my coat at a restaurant) and I don't think it was red. Do they make different types, and if so what's the major difference? The hardshell container I had bought was OC, CS and UV dye. Is the red stronger on some levels?

I had some of sabre from bass pro (before I had it pilfered out of my coat at a restaurant) and I don't think it was red. Do they make different types, and if so what's the major difference? The hardshell container I had bought was OC, CS and UV dye. Is the red stronger on some levels?

From their website:

SABRE RED contains 10% oleoresin capsicum measuring 2,000,000 Scoville Heat Units, producing 1.33% major capsaicinoids. Independant laboratory testing found SABRE RED to be 8% to 86% stronger than the competition.

SABRE RED provides you with the following advantages:

* Lab results show SABRE RED is 8% to 86% hotter than any other civilian red pepper spray.
* 5x more shots per canister - most key chain sprays contain five (5) shots, SABRE RED contains twenty-five (25).
* Contains UV Marking Dye for suspect identification.
* 4 year expiration date is up to 2 years longer than most other sprays.
* Guaranteed Heat - Security Equipment Corporation's High Preformance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) Laboratory scientificaly ensures heat specifications are met in every canister. No other manufacturer provides on-site HPLC technology to guarantee the strength of their sprays.

SABRE RED is specially formulated to meet the restrictions in Michigan, Wisconsin, and New York making it is legal for sale in all 50 states.

Back
Top Bottom