Best Incapasitating Mace opinions please....................

Best Mace opinions please......... I did a search and did'nt find any topics like this. Maybe I did'nt search correctly. <shrug> TIA!

I have sabre.. It is supposed to leave a uv dye, and it burns like a son of a .... It works, I know this to be fact..[rolleyes]

Fox Labs brand. Just be sure you get the one with the button under the thumb cap (the others will AD in your pocket!)

I have sabre.. It is supposed to leave a uv dye, and it burns like a son of a .... It works, I know this to be fact..[rolleyes]

I've got a can of Sabre. I always test them to see what the stream is like. So far Sabre seems to be the best as far as pressure/ trajectory goes.

As far as the best incapacitating spray? 00 buck! [wink]

vexor.jpg

The best OC on the market @ 15 Million SHUs. Compared to Sabre Red at 5.3 Million.

Sabre has a great rep as a spray, but my own personal experience with it in my pocket is less than great. The cap lock can become unlocked, and, the stem can snap off. Thus far:

Sabre - 2
Me - 0

Sabre has a great rep as a spray, but my own personal experience with it in my pocket is less than great. The cap lock can become unlocked, and, the stem can snap off. Thus far:

Sabre - 2
Me - 0

So far I've had pretty good luck with Sabre. I have had the cap lock become unlocked, but never an accidental squirt. I've even had it go through the wash a couple times, and no issues.

I carry Sabre too. Mainly because I've read about so much better results of it compared to other availble brands.

Group buy on the Vexor stuff and vote for Blitz as test subject?[smile]

vexor.jpg

The best OC on the market @ 15 Million SHUs. Compared to Sabre Red at 5.3 Million.

thats what I have. I hear good stuff about it, but that canister pictured above is terrible. You have to press both the top and that front button at the same time and it is a PITA

Sabre Red!

SHUs don't tell the whole story.

Do a Google search on OC reviews (OC spelled out) and there is a lot of info out there on other forums about the properties of many popular brands.

Sabre Red!

SHUs don't tell the whole story.

Do a Google search on OC reviews (OC spelled out) and there is a lot of info out there on other forums about the properties of many popular brands.

+1000

Dont fall for marketing, just do alittle bit of research before making your disision and it will pay off.

I agree that SHU's don't tell the whole story. I was sprayed twice in academy scenarios, by 5% and 10% (both 2 mill shu's) and the 10% crippled me way faster... I can't remember the brand. You want your spray to be fast acting in my opinion, overall distraction is important too, but you need it to work fast.

Sabre Red. Last year I was in DT school and we all had to get sprayed. One of the instructors also agreed to be sprayed. A shot of Sabre REd brought him to his knees and he was crying in pain. After being decontaminated he stated he had been sprayed over 25 times and the Sabre Red was the worst stuff he ever experienced. Sabre Makes a high Quality Spray.

I carry either a 2oz Fox Labs five point 3 stream pattern, or a Sabre foam depending if I'll be primarily outdoors or indoors. Foam works great indoors without the drawbacks of getting back-spray.

I've never been sprayed with any kind of OC, but while test firing the Fox five point Three I apparently got a little on my finger, and after wiping my eye 3 hours later I felt a VERY intense burning sensation around my eye for about an hour. This was 3 hour old residue that touched the skin near my eye and it burned enough to hurt for an hour...I'd hate to get a faceful of that stuff.

Police Survival Equipment on Boston Rd in Billerica has Sabre Red. I would just call to confirm, but they had some about a week ago.

Back
Top Bottom