Best ammo to buy for .223 brass ?

I am Taking some clients shooting in a few weeks. Work is buying the ammo. Would I be better off getting .566 or .223 for the reloading brass? Thanks, Mike

Assuming you reload all rounds as 223, I would say buy 223 as to avoid crimped primers.

Every time a primer is crimped, a puppy dies, a kitten is maimed, statues weep blood, and an angel loses its wings.

Aside from that, I would also suggest lake city, that has been my primary source. I have also noticed federal 223 often does not need trimming.

Would emagine it all depends on what's available to you at time of purchase.
down here in the Plymouth area pickings are slim.

I am Taking some clients shooting in a few weeks. Work is buying the ammo. Would I be better off getting .566 or .223 for the reloading brass? Thanks, Mike

Hey Mike,
I would go with the Hornady 75gr ammo from the CMP
http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/ammo.htm#Hornady223

I got a few pcs of the brass from this ammo off Tony at the Mass SR Champs last weekend.
I knocked the primers out and weighed it up when I got home and it's good looking brass.
The 3 pcs were within a 1/2 grain of each other (94 gr)

Good ammo too.
Word is it's loaded with Varget at 2790 fps.

Hornady .223 Caliber Ammunition
ITEM # DESCRIPTION PRICE
444H223 Hornady .223 Rem. Ammunition, Bullet: 75 gr. BTHP Match, Velocity: 2790 fps. at the muzzle, 200 rounds in a case (20 rds per box, 10 boxes inside a cardboard over pack).

$120.00
S&H $8.95 per case
S&H to Alaska or Hawaii $9.95 per case

Stateline had 1000 rounds of PMC for like 350ish, can't remember the exact price and I think it was PMC bronze, don't quote me on it though.

Back
Top Bottom