Best 1911's - Top Tier - Looking for recommendations

I'm sure the answer is "it varies;" but in case I'm wrong, can you give an order of magnitude for what one of your builds costs, and the hours you put into it?

Signed,
A dreamer and fan
Greg has a few his custom 1911s up for sale on his site. They are priced from $6500-$7000, so that gives you some idea of cost. I’m sure if you added some custom scroll work and fancy gold you would exceed that by quite a bit. But if you start out with your own 1911 I bet he could do a nice custom job on it for not much more than a Knighthawk (maybe even less if you don’t get carried away). Only he can say. I’ve been looking at the high end semi-custom 1911s and have decided that if I do go for an expensive 1911 it will be a custom from Greg. At those prices, why go half way?

My brother has a higher end Dan Wesson .45 and loves it. That's after owning a Colt Series 70 for years and finally sold it to help fund the DW. He said it's like night and day. I think he paid around $2300ish for it. I wish I could remember what model it is.

I have an Ed Brown SF carry, Wilson Combat Lw professional, DW CBob, NHC Bob Marvel, STI Costa Carry and a Volkmann Combat carry….the Volkmann is just on a different level.

Back
Top Bottom