• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm Carbine question

Hi folks,

I've been looking for a Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm Carbine in MA. Every MA dealer I've contacted said they probably won't be able to order one. Since the carbine is MA compliant (10 round mag), can I buy the 15 round version in NH, leave the 15 rd magazines and bring back just the carbine (with no magazine)? If I can do this, is it considered a long gun or do I have to go through a MA FFL?

Thanks,

if it has a barrel at least 16" long then it's not a handgun. also overall length there needs to meet long gun criteria. not sure what it should be though

If the rifle is compliant under the laws in both your home state and the state that you are buying it in, the sale is a-okay. You would have to do a new registration on a FA-10 once you get back in MA.

Why cant you get one in MA? They had one for sale at Flint Arms In Fall River a while ago. I was looking into it, the guy never said anything of it not being able to be sold in MA. I believe you can order them through Bass Pro Shops, they are a Beretta dealer

CX4 is perfectly legal in MA...hi cap mags may or may not be depending on how the 9mm carbine is configured. There is a version that takes Model 92 mags, so you simply get pre-ban mags, otherwise you go with the 10 round magazines which can be purchased from several sources.

Four Seasons has been selling CX4 Carbines for years and even advertises them on their website. The only problem is that they seldom have them in stock.

10 round 9mm magazines are available on the internet.

The problem is supply and demand. They are hard to come by. Why this is, I do not know.

I own a CX4 Carbine purchased in MA with no problems. It is in .45 ACP which eliminates the whole Ma**h*** hi-cap issue. They are nice pistol caliber carbines and can easily be accessorized.

You should be able to purchase a CX4 carbine in NH with no problem, as long as you have a Mass LTCA. Just make sure you don't have any illegal high cap mags, that's all. Be sure to fill out an FA10 so you will be compliant with the law.

There are two versions of the cx4, one takes the 15 rd. 92fs mags, the other takes the 18 rd. PX4 mags. Since there aren't any pre-ban PX4 mags, if you got one of those you'd be stuck with 10 rd. ones (if you could find them) or knowingly breaking the law.

However, the only difference between the two is a snap-in plastic adapter that you can get from Beretta for $20 or so, so all is not lost.

Last edited:
In MA, can one use the 15 rd magazines in this carbine? these laws piss me off.

You can if they're pre-ban mags.

I have a CX4 Storm - and if I remember correctly it uses the 92 handgun mags. There are high cap 92 mags available - Four Seasons had them advertised for a long time. That's one of the major benefits of a CX4 for MA owners - gives you a nice little 9mm carbine that has 15rd mags available (and legal) - for it.

Back
Top Bottom