Benelli 828U

Anyone here shot this gun? I haven't seen anyone with one yet and reviews are either all in favor or very against it.

yeah, I read that and then everything else was like a sponsored website that didn't seem credible at all. Seems super pricey for something that doesn't look fancy and hasn't been tested time wise.

yeah, I read that and then everything else was like a sponsored website that didn't seem credible at all. Seems super pricey for something that doesn't look fancy and hasn't been tested time wise.

I know, everything else seems biased. I'm heavily in a market for an o/u (99% getting a berrreta) so I was looking into the 828, but that one review really turned me off.

Not sure if you're talking for hunting but it's definitely not a clay sporting gun. For $2.6k I'd rather go with a Beretta ...

Yeah I would assume they will be coming out with a clay version that will probably all synthetic stock.

It's not a trap gun but it's priced like one. Over/unders are reliable but so is almost any pump gun for $300-500. Pretty gun but I'm not sure what need it fills. Benelli makes a good shotgun but most models are badly overpriced IMO. Their semi autos are very reliable.

It's not a trap gun but it's priced like one. Over/unders are reliable but so is almost any pump gun for $300-500. Pretty gun but I'm not sure what need it fills. Benelli makes a good shotgun but most models are badly overpriced IMO. Their semi autos are very reliable.

I guess its perspective... I duck hunt with a benelli and my friend uses a Remington 1100. Mine always goes boom and he's guarenteed to have at least one hang up. Even after he rebuilt it.

it's like buying an ikea coffee table or a pottery barn one..

that being said every gun shop I been too says the 828U is a hot seller

I like the Benelli semi autos a lot. I just don't really see what need the O/U fills. If you want to hunt with an O/U and don't mind the price go for it. It's a nice looking gun. If I wanted to hunt with a Benelli I'd probably just get one of the semis (M2, Vinci, Super Black Eagle) and keep a good chunk of change in my pocket. If I wanted an O/U and wasn't fixated on Benelli for that coin you've got a lot of proven options.

The Remington 1100, by the way, holds the record for the most consecutive shells fired out of a semi-auto shotgun without cleaning, lubrication or repair. In a test in 1978 they ran over 24,000 through one before they had a stoppage. Nobody has topped it since.

I guess its perspective... I duck hunt with a benelli and my friend uses a Remington 1100. Mine always goes boom and he's guarenteed to have at least one hang up. Even after he rebuilt it.

it's like buying an ikea coffee table or a pottery barn one..

that being said every gun shop I been too says the 828U is a hot seller

Some time has passed and I've still not found much info on this gun in terms of ownership, there are almost no long term reviews as well...

I bought one at Cabela's last spring. My 65 year old superposed needed a break lol...

seriously - there is good and bad... first the good:
- featherweight light.
- recoil management system works great
- nice workmanship/attractive wood
- points well

the bad:

- fit up of parts isn't great, just breaking it open is tough and with over a thousand rounds through it, hasn't improved
- likewise, take down isn't easy.
- controls/trigger less intuitive (but that may be just me)

admittedly, I bought it for upland game, not heavy use trap/skeet. If you are going to shoot a ton of shells, probably wouldn't be my first choice,
Beretta is a proven performer and I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the hell out of one.

If you are ever around Harvard S.C., let me know and I will let you demo mine.

ETA - skeet nazis hate it... not as bad as the Ruger red label but pretty bad,,,

I bought one at Cabela's last spring. My 65 year old superposed needed a break lol...

seriously - there is good and bad... first the good:
- featherweight light.
- recoil management system works great
- nice workmanship/attractive wood
- points well

the bad:

- fit up of parts isn't great, just breaking it open is tough and with over a thousand rounds through it, hasn't improved
- likewise, take down isn't easy.
- controls/trigger less intuitive (but that may be just me)

admittedly, I bought it for upland game, not heavy use trap/skeet. If you are going to shoot a ton of shells, probably wouldn't be my first choice,
Beretta is a proven performer and I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the hell out of one.

If you are ever around Harvard S.C., let me know and I will let you demo mine.

ETA - skeet nazis hate it... not as bad as the Ruger red label but pretty bad,,,
Ended up going with a Browning cynergy. Now thinking if I grab a Benelli will be a semi auto...

Back
Top Bottom