Benelli MR1 in Mass

GPG

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether or not the Benelli MR1 (with pistol grip) is legal in Mass?

Blue Northern had one a number of months ago.

As long as it has a fixed stock and a permanently mounted muzzle brake (or no muzzle device/threaded barrel at all), there's no reason it shouldn't be legal.

ok - thanks for that bit. No muzzle brake and a 1 in 9 twist so doesnt sound good.

Is there a recommendation for a .223 Rem. round carbine that there are still pre-ban hi-cap magazines available for and of course legal in Mass? I'm looking for a good prepper type of high-cap NATO round thrower.

ok - thanks for that bit. No muzzle brake and a 1 in 9 twist so doesnt sound good.

Is there a recommendation for a .223 Rem. round carbine that there are still pre-ban hi-cap magazines available for and of course legal in Mass? I'm looking for a good prepper type of high-cap NATO round thrower.

AR15

/discussion

The twist rate has nothing to do with it. This rifle (with no muzzle device) should be perfectly legal in MA.

benelli_mr1_1024x768.jpg

The rifle is mass. ok.The one I shot had a great trigger,and did not jam.It is hevy compaired to a ar15 and kicks much less.My bud got one for his daughter and she loved it.It is hard to take apart but you can watch a vid on u-tube to see how its done.As you know ar mags fit but some may not be drop free.Also they do not have much for accories.If you mount a scope or optic you will want a low rise base style.The rifle is fun to shoot and has a huge fireball depending on ammo.I think you will like it,good luck.

The stock looks identical to whats on most M-2 amd M-4 super 90's. If it is its length of pull will be to long for most.

Back
Top Bottom