• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

benelli m4

Wow, glad I popped this question...

Yea, so what I got out of this is it can only have 1 of the so-called Assault Weapon characteristics
smply because the law says, it must have AT LEAST 2 of the traits to be assault weapon. So 2 or more ur screwed.

so technically you can only get either extended tube... OR pistol grip...OR Collapsible stock... (no worries about mags since this isn't a mag-fed shotgun)
But since the collapsible/telescoping stock comes with a pistol grip, you can't have it anyways...
so either get the comfortech style or the non-collapsible pistol grip stock...

WITH the traditional style stock without a pistol grip - you can prob get the tube extension
WITH the non-collapsible pistol gripped stock - you cannot make any more additions...

I hate these laws...

I know you want the Benelli M4 but the problem is living in MA you are highly restricted on the options you can have on a semi-auto shotgun. You either learn to live with it and buy the neutered models or you can get a pump shotgun which has little to no restrictions at all (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Food for thought, you could buy a pump shotgun (Remington or Mossberg) pimp it out with all sorts of goodies (pistol grip and adjustable stock), buy a ton of ammo for the shotgun and it will still be a hell of a lot less then just the cost of the Benelli M4. I just bought an 870 and pimped it out for like a total cost of $625. Like I said, food for thought.

BadBoyBilly I think you're right, and yes pump-action is cheaper too than semi-auto, especially compared to Benellis, especially the Benelli M4 shotgun... but I guess you pay more for the extra quality, the name, and the military-use "feeling"(?) of it... ?

Not gonna lie, I want one bad (as do many other people), but we'll see...

WITH the traditional style stock without a pistol grip - you can prob get the tube extension
WITH the non-collapsible pistol gripped stock - you cannot make any more additions...

For what it's worth, I have the Supernova Tactical with the pistol grip stock. Wish I had gone with the traditional instead.

For what it's worth, I have the Supernova Tactical with the pistol grip stock. Wish I had gone with the traditional instead.

I agreee - I did the GB as I imagine most SNT owners here did - I wanted the Comfortech stock and switched at the last minute to the PG stock. Now it's a safe queen.

I have had a Benelli M4 for over a year. It is my favorite! It was at the porsche shoot. It is "Dead Balls Accurate at 50 + yds. If you want to try it let me know.

Oh I have a fixed stock and a pistol grip.

Last edited:
I would disagree its overpriced for what it is, but for what I'm using it for, yes.

Well said.

Of course, finding an old used car that runs is a lot cheaper than finding an excellent car that's powerful, sexy, functional, and that you like a lot. But yeah, both with get you to your destination - sure. It's a matter of willing to pay for additional quality and assurance of quality, and something you just want. I don't think the Benelli M4 is overpriced in terms of quality... unless you are referring to mark-up etc., but that's just how it is.

I dunno 'bout Jrjr's situation... but me, I just want 1 shotgun and its for home defense. I'm not a collector and I have no plans on collecting. I don't need the 4 other Remington 870s I can get with the same $. I can't even shoot 4 or 5 shotguns at once at an intruder. If someone breaks in, I'm only grabbing 1 shotgun, it might as well be the best I can afford to get. I just want a high quality, reliable, sexy, battle-proven, semi-auto shotty - and the Benelli M4 is it. Sure, if tomorrow I found the sudden urgent need for a long gun to fight with, well, I'll get what I can... but if I can afford to save up for higher quality - hey, why not?

Sucks though, Massachusetts laws being what they are, I can't get it in the configuration I want. [thinking]

Last edited:
same situation, just want the best most reliable semi auto shotgun for home defense and going to the range everyonce in a while to make things disapear.

when i get the standard stock put on and the extended tube, i'll be happy i am sure. acttually, i'm already happy. i love this thing. i gotta get some pics up.

Well said.

Of course, finding an old used car that runs is a lot cheaper than finding an excellent car that's powerful, sexy, functional, and that you like a lot. But yeah, both with get you to your destination - sure. It's a matter of willing to pay for additional quality and assurance of quality, and something you just want. I don't think the Benelli M4 is overpriced in terms of quality... unless you are referring to mark-up etc., but that's just how it is.

I dunno 'bout Jrjr's situation... but me, I just want 1 shotgun and its for home defense. I'm not a collector and I have no plans on collecting. I don't need the 4 other Remington 870s I can get with the same $. I can't even shoot 4 or 5 shotguns at once at an intruder. If someone breaks in, I'm only grabbing 1 shotgun, it might as well be the best I can afford to get. I just want a high quality, reliable, sexy, battle-proven, semi-auto shotty - and the Benelli M4 is it. Sure, if tomorrow I found the sudden urgent need for a long gun to fight with, well, I'll get what I can... but if I can afford to save up for higher quality - hey, why not?

Sucks though, Massachusetts laws being what they are, I can't get it in the configuration I want. [thinking]

I could buy 5 M4s for the price of one of my shotguns... I just don't think it's worth the money they're asking.

Looks like there was a group by on here a while back for them. Around $1500ish for one.

And there was a rebate after that too right? Makes the price a little more affordable...
Hope there's another group buy for Benelli M4s, I'd be totally down for that!

I could buy 5 M4s for the price of one of my shotguns... I just don't think it's worth the money they're asking.
Wow, that kinda redefines my idea of expensive firearm...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom