Bend Over Fitchburg Gun Owners -- Here it Comes!

we should all do something about it instead of flee to NH

I'm sick of pissing into the wind. Sorry, I have been in MA for over 28 years and it NEVER gets better, only worse. I have been in Fitchburg for about 25 of those 29 years and we are fighting a lost battle. It's time to let it collapse in on itself.

I heard back from by brother and his father in law went to the station and asked what was going on. He has an appointment next month and he said that Officer Leger is very nice but very over worked. He said he has 3 jobs he is doing and not enough time to do them.

Apparently we are down to 60 officers when we should have at least 90. And more cuts may occur. So it's not about and anti-gun agenda it's just plain old not enough time.

Wong is a Patrick/Obama boot-licker and doesn't really care what happens in the city as long as it doesn't make the news. This is just a political stepping stone to her.

Wong is a Patrick/Obama boot-licker and doesn't really care what happens in the city as long as it doesn't make the news. This is just a political stepping stone to her.

i think gun owners should light a fire up under her ass then

the city is a dump, i dont even like living in the next town over

Lt. Boziekus

Oh, OK, I didn't know all of that about his LTC statement (I didn't quote your whole post to save space). I'll admit I spoke a little out of turnthen; he doesn't sound as bad as DeMoura.

I'm sick of pissing into the wind.

As a recent escapee of Mass., I agree that getting out is good, but whatever you do don't give up the fight, keep going after you move. I routinely warn people in my new free state home about what can happen to their gun laws too if they don't get out there and vote.

Just piss in the wind from a free state. [laugh]

And did anyone else hear about Capt. Louney's resignation a few days ago? That might result in some LTC changes, he was in charge of gun licensing, 2nd to the chief obviously.

And did anyone else hear about Capt. Louney's resignation a few days ago? That might result in some LTC changes, he was in charge of gun licensing, 2nd to the chief obviously.

This is interesting. I knew they were changing out the LO, but that was usually Officer Richards, guessing it'll be someone else now.... and I bet DeMoura is going to be signing the licenses. [thinking]

-Mike

This is interesting. I knew they were changing out the LO, but that was usually Officer Richards, guessing it'll be someone else now.... and I bet DeMoura is going to be signing the licenses. [thinking]

-Mike

Richards did all the processing of paperwork, etc., but Capt. Louney had the final say on licensing. The chief essentially went along with whatever he said. He'd been in charge for awhile, since the last chief was in.

Last edited:
This is a bump up. Is there any word, hopefully good, that Fitchburg will be GREEN. Sure has been quiet so I was hoping for the best.

I don't know anyone that has applied recently... would be good to hear from someone, to see if the heat has been turned up yet, or not. My bet is at a minimum getting an appointment is difficult and processing time is bad, but that's more of a budget thing there than anything else.

-Mike

The problem is LTC's are discretionary issue in MA. It's not "illegal' for this turd to put up a blockade. It's why there are still many deep red and deep black towns in MA. With legal power, you can probably muscle your way into an LTC if needed, but the problem is that MA laws and most courts often side with the chiefs.
Yes, and the panel in the hearing last week was greatly comforted when they learned from the head of MIRCS that there weren't chiefs denying LTC's just restricting them arbitrarily... That had no trouble with the restrictions... They were only going to be concerned about denials... (and these were the ones receptive to our point of view generally - the opposing view didn't bother to show up).

And they were oh-so-proud of the fact that there were objective standards to avoid "Arbitrary and Capricious" denial like considering "charged and UNCHARGED behavior of the applicant"...

What the !@#$ happened to due process?!? "Uncharged!?!"

Argh... [angry]

They've been swimming in this pool of feces so long they cannot even smell it...

I wish I had prepared to respond - I honestly felt like if I stood up to speak on these issues - nothing but profanity would come out... [sad2]

That won't happen at the next hearing on these issues...

Last edited:
Yes, and the panel in the hearing last week was greatly comforted when they learned from the head of MIRCS that there weren't chiefs denying LTC's just restricting them arbitrarily... That had no trouble with the restrictions... They were only going to be concerned about denials... (and these were the ones receptive to our point of view generally - the opposing view didn't bother to show up).

And they were oh-so-proud of the fact that there were objective standards to avoid "Arbitrary and Capricious" denial like considering "charged and UNCHARGED behavior of the applicant"...

What the !@#$ happened to due process?!? "Uncharged!?!"

Argh... [angry]

They've been swimming in this pool of feces so long they cannot even smell it...

I wish I had prepared to respond - I honestly felt like if I stood up to speak on these issues - nothing but profanity would come out... [sad2]

That won't happen at the next hearing on these issues...

Hot tub, Mike, it's a hot tub. Didn't you see my post? [smile]

The hypocrisy of do as I say, not as I do, is the biggest burn in my shorts with these guys. They rationalize any decision to make it conform to their personal agendas, to hell with laws.

Last edited:
We have a meeting with them coming up shortly after the New Year [sarcasm](apparently they are very busy)[/sarcasm]

Hopefully we will be able to right that ship so to speak.

I am curious as to what action the licensed citizens of Fitchburg have taken on their own accord, haven't heard much. (this is by no means meant to be a shot at you guys, merely a question)

My friend (who came with me to the Pumpkin Shoot) lives in Fitchburg, and just moved into a new apartment in a semi-sketchy area. He's showing a lot of interest in getting his license, and ever since the shoot, he realizes that there's a lot of fun to be had in responsible gun ownership. Hopefully, he will be doing something about it soon (I'm going to try to give him that extra push by taking him shooting with me more often). If he applies as soon as I think he will, I'll let you know how it goes.

Someone I know was just issued a Class A in Fitchburg...with the restriction that all guns held under the LTC-A be used for employment only, and that the guns be stored at their place of employment only, except for limited range use.

No, really. It's an employment LTC issued to someone that doesn't allow them to even store a &^%$#@! gun in their house.

Someone I know was just issued a Class A in Fitchburg...with the restriction that all guns held under the LTC-A be used for employment only, and that the guns be stored at their place of employment only, except for limited range use.

No, really. It's an employment LTC issued to someone that doesn't allow them to even store a &^%$#@! gun in their house.

thats stupid. sounds contradictive of the reasoning behind getting it for employment. opening up shop alone, leaving late alone, etc [thinking]

I think I counted about 3 or 4 break-ins to businesses in Fitchburg last night on the scanner.....

Hello all. I'm a Fitchburg resident as well and a new applicant. I have my appointment January 6th to apply. This is after 3 months of just trying to get someone on the phone.

Currently Fitchburg is looking for 2 letters of reference and a letter to the Chief. I'm hoping to come away with an unrestricted class A, but unfortunately it seems unlikely. I guess we'll see what happens.

edit: This is at least an improvement over what I heard back in September when I was told Fitchburg would no longer issue Class A licenses at all. I was told then that only B would be issued. Fingers crossed I guess. I hope that GOAL meeting is before my appointment haha.

Last edited:
The "letter to the chief" thing is certainly a new requirement. [frown]

Also curious about anyone who has renewed recently. I renewed right after the regime change, but at that point I think the policy was basically the
same deal.

-Mike

The restrictions probably even require them to surrender the LTC upon termination of employment. The only good news about such a LTC is that the $100 fee is tax-deductible, because the LTC can only be used for employment purposes and is a requirement for his/her continued employment and was a non-reimbursed out-of-pocket expense.

Hello all. I'm a Fitchburg resident as well and a new applicant. I have my appointment January 6th to apply. This is after 3 months of just trying to get someone on the phone.

Currently Fitchburg is looking for 2 letters of reference and a letter to the Chief. I'm hoping to come away with an unrestricted class A, but unfortunately it seems unlikely. I guess we'll see what happens.

edit: This is at least an improvement over what I heard back in September when I was told Fitchburg would no longer issue Class A licenses at all. I was told then that only B would be issued. Fingers crossed I guess. I hope that GOAL meeting is before my appointment haha.

MY brother's gather in law put his app in a few weeks ago. I was one of his references and they did call me. He had to write a letter to the chief so we will see what he ends up with. I expect something highly restricted.

The only good news about such a LTC is that the $100 fee is tax-deductible, because the LTC can only be used for employment purposes and is a requirement for his/her continued employment and was a non-reimbursed out-of-pocket expense.

I'll pass that on, thanks.

We have a meeting with them coming up shortly after the New Year [sarcasm](apparently they are very busy)[/sarcasm]

Hopefully we will be able to right that ship so to speak.

I am curious as to what action the licensed citizens of Fitchburg have taken on their own accord, haven't heard much. (this is by no means meant to be a shot at you guys, merely a question)

Resident of Fitchburg can only hope that somehow common sense and reason will prevail in your conversation with him. Though I am doubtful, and certain he will qoute you some kind of statistics and that he, and only he has a duty to protect the citizens of Fitchburg.

I have spoken with a couple pro 2a counsilers, but as of yet had the honor ( huge sarcasm) to speak with the queen, I mean mayor. I am doubtful that would do any good, where he was hand picked by her, and because of the lack of any real competition in the past election, where she won by a land slide.

Honestly I was so mad when she won again, I told the wife maybe I should run for mayor next time around. She was surprised, but supportive. Not sure I would want the job, but then again, if it has become that bad, maybe I should. It is about time someone took a stand. Oh well, just venting.

My appointment was today. Officer Leger made the process pretty simple. Nice guy. Though I hear in the next few weeks we'll have someone else doing licensing. We'll see in a few weeks what happens in terms of restricted/unrestricted. In the end it's the Chief's decision. All I can do is wait patiently.

My appointment was today. Officer Leger made the process pretty simple. Nice guy. Though I hear in the next few weeks we'll have someone else doing licensing. We'll see in a few weeks what happens in terms of restricted/unrestricted. In the end it's the Chief's decision. All I can do is wait patiently.

Glad to hear your interveiw went well, I hope you get a LTC-A with no restrictions, as it has been in the past. Did you have to write a letter to the cheif, or are you going to have to meet with him? Either way, I wish you the best of luck.

Glad to hear your interveiw went well, I hope you get a LTC-A with no restrictions, as it has been in the past. Did you have to write a letter to the cheif, or are you going to have to meet with him? Either way, I wish you the best of luck.

Had to write a letter to the Chief, provide two letters of reference from non-family, and the typical proof of address/birth certificate stuff. I already have an FID with Fitchburg so I didn't have to go through all the fingerprinting they normally do. Interestingly enough it turns out one of my references has a brother that was working one cubicle over. Good bunch of guys. We'll see what happens.

Well it looks like Fitchburg is giving out "Sporting" restricted LTCs now. Guy I know has a squeeky clean record and is retired military and that's what he just got.

And he asked for ALP.

Last edited:
Well it looks like Fitchburg is giving out "Sporting" restricted LTCs now. Guy I know has a squeeky clean record and is retired military and that's what he just got.

And he asked for ALP.

From the Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitchburg,_Massachusetts)

"Fitchburg is very hilly and is often referred to as the second hilliest city in the United States after San Francisco, though North Bergen, New Jersey actually is. North Bergen is the city with the second most hills per square mile in the United States behind San Francisco."

So it looks like people who want to carry in Fitchburg now will just have to tell people that they're going for an urban hike. [smile]

I joke, but it's disgusting.

Wouldn't surprise me if with this douchebag they're going to restrict all licenses, at least the new ones. This chief strikes me as the long lost brother of Gary Gemme. [thinking]

-Mike

Wouldn't surprise me if with this douchebag they're going to restrict all licenses, at least the new ones. This chief strikes me as the long lost brother of Gary Gemme. [thinking]

-Mike

I'm waiting to see if he'll renew the existing ALP's or restrict them. My guess is he'll restrict them.

Back
Top Bottom