Beards make for better Combat Effectivness.

There, fixed it for ya![laugh]

FIFY to the extreme! [laugh]

The ultimate tacticool battle beard...

il_570xN1962531941.jpg

Every trooper (male and female), should be issued one.

More, here

I believe that US soldiers were allowed beards in the sandbox for a period of time time precisely this reason.

Nope. Certain Soldiers under SOCOM have been granted permission, ie: Special Forces, Psyops, various Special Mission Units. Rangers still had to shave, exceptions being certain SMUs. All other US Soldiers have had to shave since the beginning. The exception to this is when out on long, multi day patrols, or stuck at a patrol base for extended periods with limited water resupply. In situations with limited water, a "no shave" order can be issued so that Soldiers don't have to waste drinking water on shaving. I had one of those for about a week, it was nice.

Theyre just figuring this out? Look at sports, why do you think the bruins won last year? Beards. People with beards are more likely to survive a zombie apocalypse, zombies will often go for the face due to protective clothing but will go for non-bearded survivors first. Nobody, living or dead, wants hair in their teeth.

Well having been single while in the Army and never being in combat I was not able to test the effectiveness of hairy palms.

I have been told by my wife that I am under no condition allowed to shave off my facial hair (haven't seen my chin since 95 or 96: I met her in 99). If I don't shave it off I'm avoiding that combat entirely[laugh]

Call me a traditionalist, but like the black berets for tankers (the Rangers stole it from them before the Army stole them from the Rangers), beards should be reserved for Sappers.

Back
Top Bottom