• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beards make for better Combat Effectivness.

I never understood the US military policy on facial hair. A lot of people in the .mil will say stupid shit like "you cant clear your mask if you have a beard." Hey, I'll tell you what, if I have to use my M40 in combat, all I'm going to do is kiss my ass goodbye, anyway.

Beards are great. They are macho, low maintenance and look intimidating. Win-win. I would of loved to of had the shaved head with the 1 inch beard thing going while deployed. a lot of my fellow NATO soldiers had just that, and they looked like F'ing serial killers. Just the type of look you want line units to have if you ask me.

unfortunately, this article is a joke according to the comments. I do agree that they are beneficial, though.

unfortunately, this article is a joke according to the comments

That part about "Furthermore, any females able to grow facial hair are encouraged to do so as well.” kind of gives it away.

That part about "Furthermore, any females able to grow facial hair are encouraged to do so as well.” kind of gives it away.

if you were in the .mil you would already know that females are oddly not required to shave even though a lot of them have significant amounts of facial hair.

[rofl]

What about a mustache? With mustache comes great responsibility.

199826.jpg

going to see this all day and will forever regret shaving my beard. i got my "operator" picture, so i'm good for a while. [laugh]

"'the beard' will return in: lotapusy"

My 12 year old daughter still remembers the day I shaved my beard off when she was 4. I started growing it back right away but it was the only time any of my kids have seen my chin.

Come to think of it, my two youngest have never seen my chin.

the Onion rocks...I had a beard for a stretch when I was younger..then I noticed a white hair, then two, then the next thing I knew I looked like the second coming of Santa.So needless to say the white whiskers made me look older so im clean shaven now(which I hate shaving)

the Onion rocks...I had a beard for a stretch when I was younger..then I noticed a white hair, then two, then the next thing I knew I looked like the second coming of Santa.So needless to say the white whiskers made me look older so im clean shaven now(which I hate shaving)

I started growing mine in earnest this past December. I was on vacation and feeling lazy, then I just left it. I think after 4 months, my mustache has finally connected to the beard. Damned genes. [wink]

My beard grows in with patches of red around the cheeks. (I have brown hair)

My father always said: "It's the viking blood in you, that red facial hair."

I haven't grown it in years, but after reading that article I think I will this Fall so that I can be a better hunter for Duck & Deer seasons.

Beard= more fresh meat on the table apparently. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom