Bear Attack

This little lady was about 400 yards from us while hunting last weekend. You can't tell from the pic but she was huge. I was happy to wake up in the morning knowing she didn't come through or campsite. That sow would have torn me to shreds.

View attachment 796782
after finding my body, one might wonder how so much shit could end up in one's pantleg. What do we figure that one - 400 lbs? 500?

after finding my body, one might wonder how so much shit could end up in one's pantleg. What do we figure that one - 400 lbs? 500?
I think so. I wish I had my scope with me so I could get a close up pic. She was so fat when she was standing on all fours. Biggest black bear I have seen in my life.

I think so. I wish I had my scope with me so I could get a close up pic. She was so fat when she was standing on all fours. Biggest black bear I have seen in my life.
the few I've seen in the wild were more like 300-400. They went one way, I went the other.

Grizzly Kills Two in Banff
A grizzly has killed two backpackers in a remote corner of Canada’s Banff National Park.
The incident occurred Friday evening around 8 pm in the Red Deer River Valley. It is an isolated part of the park with trails but no nearby roads. Banff wardens received a GPS alert indicating a bear attack.
When the response team reached the site at 1 am, they found two dead campers and an aggressive grizzly nearby, according to the Cochranenow newspaper. Park officials shot the grizzly and later, closed the area within the black square, below....

They "took every precaution". Well, every precaution except one that would have worked. They were found with their empty can of bear spray, so they certainly had time to take any number of actions.

The don't hurt the poor bear crowd will tell you that bear spray is very effective.......every hunting, fishing, guide show etc the guides/participants have a 50 cal on their hip and or a .338 over their shoulder.

Yes. They could have packed a shotty.
Just not a handgun.
Negative ghostrider. No guns allowed in Banff Unless while traveling through the park and they must be unloaded and locked in a secure container.

CBAD8A8E-C730-4F18-A434-F2F2183FD8E3.jpeg

Last edited:

That's a good security system, better than a watchdog.

Back
Top Bottom