BCM and MA

Also food for thought....i order huge orders from companies that people on here say dont ship to MA.
They will always ship if the orders big enough.. If the website locks out out by shipping address, call in the order...if you spend enough they just do it...if they dont wait a day and call back and try another sales rep.....if thet just wont do it tell them to **** themselfs and buy it through an intermediary......i guess i just dont get it or maybe there are few things that i have to have. That i cant just order..

then there is always the grey market if you have to have it that bad

Last edited:
I usually just try calling Walter first... regardless of the item...

(NSFW)

lol, "bill ill get you a toe by 3:00pm with nail polish"
Holy shit that clip sums up what i was trying to say so much better than i could put it in words.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 100% confident that if I wanted something from BCM I'd have it with no problem. Furthermore I agree with the statement that most people are not willing to pay for better brand name items yet want top dollar for their cheap ass used stuff. I think I've seen the term "skinflint" used often.

Not a fan boy of anyone that decides to not do business with us here in MA do to their own policies.
Seriously, like has been said they won't ship a sticker or hat to us peons.

Sorry, our laws are not that hard to figure out. No ammo or receivers/firearms of certain types. Don't sell those to us and all is well!

BCM Keymod..[rofl]

What a cheap looking rail system.

I'll take Geissele made parts over BCM parts any day of the week!

Geissele doesn't need some dude from Delta to sell his wares!

He's seems like a stand up guy. Not like an arrogant prick.

I also don't drink the Magpul water either..

Flame suit on..3..2..1.

Last edited:
Not a fan boy of anyone that decides to not due business with us here in MA due to their own policies.
Seriously, like has been said they wont ship a sticker or hat to us peons.

I don't hold anything against anyone that refuses to ship stuff here, because this state is a pile of feces, wrt politics and regulatory burden/issues. So I can't say that I blame them.

The only time I get pissed is if a vendor doesn't state the policy up front or in a visible location. THAT actually pisses me off. Particularly if they cockblock after the order is placed and not immediately. That causes a lot of wasted time.

-Mike

They will cross the blockade to ship to you, or do you have like the Walter Sobchack thing going on? [laugh]

The latter.

Just kidding - I have "proper geography". New office 100yds over the NH border (literally), for exactly these kinds of reasons, to supplement my main location in Lawrence.

OP..no i do not expect BCM to reconsider.
also MA sales are insignificant.

i get that you dont like that you can't order direct from BCM...what does it matter when you can order BCM from a third party?

It just gets silly hearing people say "why can't i get this in MA?" And now its "i can get somthing, but i want to order it from a specific company.

i do indeed sometimes run into trouble finding in specific items and rarities from time to time, but thats a reality in any state..

PeoLe just need to get over the AR thing anyway, if you got one great.....move on.
if you dont have one get one and move on.

there are plenty of weapons systems out there and an endless supply of accessory mfg out there.

as always buy ammo, you only need so many guns....you need more ammo

1.) I was told by BCM that their MA sales were significant. We are actually a very wealthy state that is densely populated and spends a lot on high(er) end guns

2.) Again, lots of hard to find stuff is available on the BCM site, but not elsewhere

3.) get over the AR thing? For me a DI AR is by far the best system out there, I own other platforms, but I like the AR the best. I wouldn't mind owning 20+

4.) lots of us have a good amount of ammo

I think BCM will re-consider at some point

1.) I was told by BCM that their MA sales were significant. We are actually a very wealthy state that is densely populated and spends a lot on high(er) end guns

2.) Again, lots of hard to find stuff is available on the BCM site, but not elsewhere

3.) get over the AR thing? For me a DI AR is by far the best system out there, I own other platforms, but I like the AR the best. I wouldn't mind owning 20+

4.) lots of us have a good amount of ammo

I think BCM will re-consider at some point
I can see your point of view on most of it, but not so much one 1 ..i hardly consider MA wealthy.. maybe a couple areas in MA are. I also would never consider BCM a higher end gun. But hey poor people love their guns too.

i was trying to pull up some charts to see how many firearms are bought in MA per year compared to other states, i dont recall what the numbers were and how it relates to our conversation but all i am getting is gun control propaganda.

Im not saying BCM is bad, I will conceede that MA resiedents seem to like bcm with airsoft accessories falling only behind CA..in CA its fake accessories on their guns and real accessories on the airsoft guns.

Last edited:
Fock BCM and their chicken shit lawyers. Shipping non-banned items to MA would not break any laws. Screw them. Plenty of other quality gear out there.

I can see your point of view on most of it, but not so much one 1 ..i hardly consider MA wealthy.. maybe a couple areas in MA are.

Everything east of 495 is gravy land. MA is pretty wealthy for a small state. That's the only reason the communism hasn't destroyed it
economically, because the ratio of producer $ to leecher $ drain hasn't quite gotten to CA levels yet.

I also would never consider BCM a higher end gun.

Compared to the junk most skinflints buy in MA, BCM is definitely higher end.

i was trying to pull up some charts to see how many firearms are bought in MA per year compared to other states, i dont recall what the numbers were and how it relates to our conversation but all i am getting is gun control propaganda.

I would bet that MA despite the bullshit, on an annual basis, more guns are sold here than the upper 3 new england states combined. That's not that hard to do though given the population disparities. The thing is the companies just don't care because they know the guys with the cash are still buying the stuff anyways through an intermediary, so the blockade causes some economic loss, but it's not a complete loss.

Im not saying BCM is bad, I will conceede that MA resiedents seem to like bcm with airsoft accessories falling only behind CA..in CA its fake accessories on their guns and real accessories on the airsoft guns.

lol

I guess its how wealth i defined

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income

While MA is 5th in income....income isnt wealth and it certainly isnt quality of living.
Some of the states with 20% less income cost have drasticlly lower living expenses
An CA is ranked 3rd in income at about 70k.
if you live in CA and only make 70k a year your functional poor and most likely live in the most undesirable parts of the state....all of CA laws without nice weather

Last edited:
I guess its how wealth i defined

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income

While MA is 5th in income....income isnt wealth and it certainly isnt quality of living.
Some of the states with 20% less income cost have drasticlly lower living expenses

Then you're starting to get into things that aren't easily quantifiable. MA sucks but economically amongst the states in this part of the country it easily beats most of the rest of them, save for possibly NH. (and let's face facts, most of that money is coming from MA border hopping folks. ) .

It's pretty easy to beat places like CA though. You take an MA salary and move it to CA and you need a 20% increase in salary just to live, or even more if you want the standard to be the same. Yes, places like NC, you gain big because the COL is lower; but then again so isn't everything else "down there".

-Mike

I can kind of understand them not shipping parts until the Healey BS is over, but not shipping hats, stickers, patches and Tshirts? Thats just them being Aholes.

My take on companies that go above and beyond what the actual laws are is its poor customer service. They are a vendor, if they want to do business they need to know the laws where they do business. If they are too lazy to learn the laws or understand them then that's fine. Ill do business with someone who cares enough about customers to take the time to figure what they can and can't sell and/or ways around said laws.

Really they are not very smart. Anytime something is prohibited there is a LOT of money to be made. A great example is the companies making money hand over fist on 80% frames, selling "magazine rebuild kits" etc. You can make half a frame and make more money than a full one... then you can sell jigs and whatever else to finish the 80%.. your making a killing. You can take a magazine apart and ship it and mark it up 50%. Yeah maybe AG Healey sues you 10 years later.. you pay your fine with all the money you made and move on.

IMO **** BCM. We have enough rules about guns here without our own community blacklisting us just because we happen to live in this state. Wilson too.. I have an FFL that takes ammo shipments for me.. I wanted to try some of Wilson Combats USPSA ammo. They won't even ship ammo to an FFL in Ma. Im all set with buying anything from them.

It's not just BCM, Noveske and Sig both wont ship uppers here. In the past year they have all run promos and it was no-go-pogo on the internet or over the phone. I've had the conversation with folks at my regular shops and they can't get this stuff either. It's ridiculous. Right now with the depressed post-election gun market we should be having serious buyer's market but F-that everything in MA is still price jacked to hell and it's hurting everyone. How's that for consumer protection Herr Healey?

About to try to place my first order for a BCM charging handle from BCM. If it doesn't work, I'll order a competitor's. Easy peasy.

About to try to place my first order for a BCM charging handle from BCM. If it doesn't work, I'll order a competitor's. Easy peasy.

It's actually impossible to order from their website - you can't select MA as a destination.

Hopefully, after the court case, their lawyers will let them ship hats to MA again.

It's actually impossible to order from their website - you can't select MA as a destination.

Hopefully, after the court case, their lawyers will let them ship hats to MA again.

LOL MOLON LABE my HATS! [rofl]

Even if BCW wont ship anything to MA can get their parts from any of the major online retailers just not the uppers. Also there are tons of local shops that carry their charging handles.

Why would they reconsider? Plenty of other states to sell their stuff. If I was a vendor I'd say **** MA as well. As a consumer of course I want the most sources but let's be real. MA is bad for gun business plain and simple.

If I was a vendor I'd say **** MA as well.
sometimes i think the same also. but then i come back to reality and remember they ain't ****in' massachusettes, they're ****in' us, the shooters. don't you think the liberals love this when we get shut out?

sometimes i think the same also. but then i come back to reality and remember they ain't ****in' massachusettes, they're ****in' us, the shooters. don't you think the liberals love this when we get shut out?

LOL. I'm not shut out. Anyone with more than one functioning brain cell isn't, really. It just makes things inconvenient.

After the bullshit that happened on 7/20 I have no qualms about any vendor writing off MA. When the state has a corrupt AG that just makes shit up as she goes along, that's a risk-laden environment to do business in.

ETA: Hate to break it to some of you guys, but these companies are in business to sell shit and make money, not to play patty cake with gun owners in a state that probably represents like 1% of their market. Expecting a business that deals with ~45 mostly normal states to make big accommodations for the handful or so that are in the "total shit class" is a little unreasonable.

-Mike

Last edited:
Why would they reconsider? Plenty of other states to sell their stuff. If I was a vendor I'd say **** MA as well. As a consumer of course I want the most sources but let's be real. MA is bad for gun business plain and simple.

When it first happened, I emailed them back and forth quite a bit - I believe they will reconsider after the court challenge.

They told me they had "significant" sales to MA - this isn't surprising giving the income of our residents and the fact that BCM is actually fairly high end.

We all know gun sales are way down these days, I think companies need every sale they can get, whether we are talking 3, 5, or 10% of their total sales.

About a month ago I realized that one of the up sides of my kid committing to an out of state school is now having a conduit to LEGAL merchandise manufacturers are too scared to ship to me directly.

About a month ago I realized that one of the up sides of my kid committing to an out of state school is now having a conduit to LEGAL merchandise manufacturers are too scared to ship to me directly.

NOW YOU HAVE DONE IT!!! Sending your offspring to gun friendly states is illegal.

Back
Top Bottom