• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BCM and MA

Mass-diver

NES Member
As most people know, BCM halted all sales to MA after the Healy ban (you can't even order a hat). Per BCM, they stopped shipping to MA because it was unclear what exactly Healy was banning. Although MA is a small state, it's a also a fairly wealthy state and sales to MA were not insignificant.

Since the July ban, it's become very clear what Healy is trying to ban (she's FOS - but her position is very clear at this point). She is not going after uppers, triggers, and hats. Her position is very clear (again it's bullshit - but we all understand exactly what she is arguing).

So, I'm wondering if BCM will reconsider? If anyone is savy with this sort of thing, maybe he or she could contact them? There are lots of great brands out there, but BCM is a nice combination of price/value.

On a side note: I've long felt that the letter of the law in MA supports true pre-ban '94 rifles as the only legal way to have an "evil" rifle. However, Healy has repeatedly labeled all 1994-'7/20 ban rifles as illegal AWs regardless of configuration - however she has explicitly said these guns are exempt from prosecution. I now believe you can own a registered pre-July AR with a collapsible stock and FS and have the same protection as if that rifle was neatuered. I don't think the lug, FS, etc increases the risk of unjust arrest/prosecution/conviction.

I gave up trying to convince remotes to send shit here a long time ago. You're better off working on a proxy/front out of state, etc. Once you have that relationship set up, you can send virtually anything through them that isn't otherwise regulated.

-Mike

I contacted BCM the end of last year when I trying to order an upper from them. A customer service rep said they can't reconsider to ship to MA until the lawsuit is over. I know, it's dumb. Uppers, BCG, charging handles, even hats are nothing but accessories and should be OK, but they really want nothing to do with MA along with a few others yet they all disagree with AGO. As someone mentioned, there are vendors out there who will ship BCM products here. Good luck.

I contacted BCM the end of last year when I trying to order an upper from them. A customer service rep said they can't reconsider to ship to MA until the lawsuit is over. I know, it's dumb. Uppers, BCG, charging handles, even hats are nothing but accessories and should be OK, but they really want nothing to do with MA along with a few others yet they all disagree with AGO. As someone mentioned, there are vendors out there who will ship BCM products here. Good luck.

Thanks, I had not contacted them since the lawsuit was filed. They are a great company, there are plenty of places that sell BCM stuff, but it's very hard to find some of their more desirable stuff outside of their own site. Impossible in some cases.

Does BCM have a reseller program? Some NH or Maine dealer could probably make a killing with this stuff.

-Mike

Does BCM have a reseller program? Some NH or Maine dealer could probably make a killing with this stuff.

-Mike

No clue. Funny you mentioned it. I called a couple shops in NH by the border and they wouldn't even order it for me when I offered to drive up there and pick it up. One guy was a jerk and the other genuinely felt bad for MA, but couldn't do it because of liability issues I guess.

-Mike

Problem is, Joe-3tard that walks into a store front does not want BCM, DD, Noveske guns/accessories, they want what ever bargain brand junk they can get for cheap and bolt on to their Anderson Mfg upper/lower set they got 100 bucks. BCM is brand that is purchased by people that know they want BCM gear and that is why most of their shit is online order and not on the wall at you LGS.

There are other online retailers that sell BCM uppers and accessories, and as of recently still shipped to MA, but I am not going to air them out here. Google around and you can probably find them, you just won't get all of the BCM swag with your order.

Thanks, I had not contacted them since the lawsuit was filed. They are a great company, there are plenty of places that sell BCM stuff, but it's very hard to find some of their more desirable stuff outside of their own site. Impossible in some cases.

I know what you mean. Options are limited.

Problem is, Joe-3tard that walks into a store front does not want BCM, DD, Noveske guns/accessories, they want what ever bargain brand junk they can get for cheap and bolt on to their Anderson Arms upper/lower set they got 100 bucks. BCM is brand that is purchased by people that know they want BCM gear and that is why most of their shit is online order and not on the wall at you LGS.

There are other online retailers that sell BCM uppers and accessories, and as of recently still shipped to MA, but I am not going to air them out here. Google around and you can probably find them, you just won't get all of the BCM swag with your order.

That is very true, I haven't drank enough coffee, and I momentarily thought I was living in a normal place, and forgot about the new england skinflint gun owner syndrome, where it seems like cheap ****ing garbage stuff is the norm to the point where people are often castigated by others for not being skinflint enough. [laugh] I just figured if BCM was smart they could do some kind of "drop ship to dealer" type thing, and let the dealer charge a fee or a cut just for the customer to pick their shit up.

-Mike

Problem is, Joe-3tard that walks into a store front does not want BCM, DD, Noveske guns/accessories, they want what ever bargain brand junk they can get for cheap and bolt on to their Anderson Mfg upper/lower set they got 100 bucks. BCM is brand that is purchased by people that know they want BCM gear and that is why most of their shit is online order and not on the wall at you LGS.

Yea, unfortunately, this.

It's ridiculous that they won't send most of their parts here. Even if they want to be really careful, refusing to ship anything at all here is going a bit overboard. Like...a charging handle? Really?

Healy's nonsense is so poorly conceived and vague it wouldn't be fair to be mad at them, but it also doesn't put them at the top of my list. I've bought some other brands where I would have defaulted to BCM (and could still have gotten the BCM part through a reseller.)

That is very true, I haven't drank enough coffee, and I momentarily thought I was living in a normal place, and forgot about the new england skinflint gun owner syndrome, where it seems like cheap ****ing garbage stuff is the norm to the point where people are often castigated by others for not being skinflint enough. [laugh] I just figured if BCM was smart they could do some kind of "drop ship to dealer" type thing, and let the dealer charge a fee or a cut just for the customer to pick their shit up.

-Mike

Is BCM thought sales to MA where good enough they would take the time to understand what is regulated and what is not....they just don't care IMHO. Will BCM ship to a MA FFL?
It took me a few letters and copies and links to laws, GOAL and Comm2a for a vendor (old wideners) to ship certain items.
You can simply try the same.
There are still plenty of options from other manufactures and vendors who will ship the perfectly legal stuff here to MA.
As for what most shops stock is either the highest profit margin or which ever manufacture will put in on consignment.

Last edited:
Anyone who is wanting to order BCM uppers/parts let me know. I can probably help you out.

They will cross the blockade to ship to you, or do you have like the Walter Sobchack thing going on? [laugh] (eg, I can get you a toe, by 3 oclock... you don't want to know... there are ways, dude..."

-Mike

Healey is not stupid, she knows what she's doing. She has a staff of anti-gun far left liberals( who we pay) researching how to promote her anti-gun/anti-business agenda. She knew she couldn't confiscate weapons(not yet) so she followed Scotty's/Obama's lead and instituted an EO to ban things she can't get legislatively prohibited. Obama stacked the courts(thanks Harry Reid) with leftists appeals court judges so Maura had nothing to worry about except Trumps victory. She assumed Hillary would win and appoint a few leftist Supreme Court judges but now we'll have to wait for one more appointment before I feel safe w/a Supreme Court case. If we win she can thank Obama/Hillary and Harry Reid for screwing up their master plan to disarm Americans and take full control of the country. Their goal is a far left EU style govt. where they control all aspects of our lives. If Trump and the Republicans don't get their shit together their masterplan can still happen. We've be given a temporary reprieve(not in Ma.) and we can't blow it.

That's why I went to a dealer to purchase my upper two weeks ago. He called me and said his usual distributor wouldn't ship to Ma. but he found another one.

You just need a friend with the proper geography, problem solved.

This would be ideal

- - - Updated - - -

That's why I went to a dealer to purchase my upper two weeks ago. He called me and said his usual distributor wouldn't ship to Ma. but he found another one.

The moral of the story - you can get what you want in this state you just have to know how and who to get it from.

This would be ideal

- - - Updated - - -

The moral of the story - you can get what you want in this state you just have to know how and who to get it from.

Also find someone willing to do it.
I tried for years to get local FFLs to have shipped in reloading stuff. NONE of them where remotely interested. All they needed to do is add a fee to the shipping service.... I had 5 vendors that would accept the payment from me but only ship to a FFL
So the FFL had to do zero but send a copy of FFL and decide how much to charge... THEN the worst part is they didn't even want to bother to order what I wanted period...heck I even pointed out vendors who had items in stock far exceeding their vendors... it's all fun

I usually just try calling Walter first... regardless of the item...

(NSFW)

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted BCM, expressing my concern in the form of "how can I replace wear items on my new BCM AR if you won't ship accessories??". In reality, I just wanted a damn BCG. They were not interested, basically said too bad, no shipping to MA, no exceptions.

Best way is to have a friend or friendly FFL out of state. Not too hard to find if you're a half decent human being.

-Mike

My wife and I started the process to get our FFL a year and a half ago with the intention of opening a shop a few years down the road dealing with higher quality manufacturers and being kind of a "boutique" shop dealing with companies like BCM, DD, Noveske, Colt, etc. The reality of the NE gun culture is such that a business like that would likely dissolve into selling $600 rifles, what ever $400 dollar pistol we could stock, and junk accessories like everyone else and then closing up shop not to much longer after opening. We decided to pull the plug after registering the business with the state but before we submitted the paperwork.

Just received a BCM upper I ordered. Cost exactly the same as BCM's site and swag was included. It's easy to find sellers shipping to MA. Just difficult if you're looking for a very specific item.

OP..no i do not expect BCM to reconsider.
also MA sales are insignificant.

i get that you dont like that you can't order direct from BCM...what does it matter when you can order BCM from a third party?

It just gets silly hearing people say "why can't i get this in MA?" And now its "i can get somthing, but i want to order it from a specific company.

i do indeed sometimes run into trouble finding in specific items and rarities from time to time, but thats a reality in any state..

PeoLe just need to get over the AR thing anyway, if you got one great.....move on.
if you dont have one get one and move on.

there are plenty of weapons systems out there and an endless supply of accessory mfg out there.

as always buy ammo, you only need so many guns....you need more ammo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom