Bass Fishing (fresh)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I got the OK from above so I will look into this a bit deeper now.
After I get some details together I will start a new thread. Feel free to PM me with any suggestions.
Arlow, any help with permits would be greatly appreciated.
I am leaning towards LAKE COCHITUATE, I have found out that they do have a pretty good picnic area and tons of parking. If we go in late April the traffic shouldn't be too bad, just fisherman I would guess. The other crowd is still waiting for the warmer weather to go tubing etc..
As of now nothing is set in stone but I need to get going on this quick so people can set a date and we can get some sort of head count.

sig shooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I did a little shore fishing in my local pond Tuesday. Caught two good sized pickerel on a red/white daredevil spoon.

sig shooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Great herring pond has some nice flats you can wade right next to the boat launch. Kind of like wading the flats of the Bahamas for bone fish.

SKS Ray

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I think I may go take a few casts tomorrow down on Lake St. in Acushnet. Even if I don't catch anything, it will be therapeutic.
Makes me wanna register my Coleman Crawdad again and spool up some heavy line to jig for monsters that hide in the weeds there.[grin]

Thats the only pond I've ever lost a fish due to weeds. Early morning spinnerbait action with a med/hvy Falcon rod, and an Abu Garcia 4600 spooled up with 14lb. test Trilene XT. After dragging my boat all over and a good 3 minute fight, I got skunked and never even caught a glimpse of what I hooked.
I'll never go back there with anything but heavy line with zero stretch and a rod with enough back bone to break an 8 ball rack.

Monsters live in Lake Street.[wink]

Top Bottom