Barrios Leaving office

Is it really true? GOOD RIDDANCE!

[party]

I'm not holding my breath yet, that communist is like an f'ing curse.

-Mike

The good news is that Barrios is leaving office....

The bad news is that Tom Reilly and Cheryl Jaques are the top contenders for filling the vacancy. [wink]

I'm glad that he's leaving office. However, I'm a bit disappointed he's not leaving office because of a scandal involving farm animals, Crisco, and a bicycle pump.

I'm glad that he's leaving office. However, I'm a bit disappointed he's not leaving office because of a scandal involving farm animals, Crisco, and a bicycle pump.

If Blue Cross doesn't currently cover injures sustained from such, you can bet they will once Barrios takes charge.

Gee, I wonder how much he's going to make? For that matter, I wonder what the Blue Cross Foundation does? Oh, never mind,

"Our Mission

The mission of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation is to expand access to health care. Through grants and policy initiatives, the Foundation works with public and private organizations to broaden health coverage and reduce barriers to care. The Foundation focuses on developing measurable and sustainable solutions that benefit uninsured, vulnerable and low-income individuals and families in the Commonwealth."

He's essentially going to be a lobbyist for better "health care access". Why do I think that even though I don't have BCBS, my health insurance is going to go up in the near future?

Gary

Be careful. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. The people of the People's Republik of Cambridge are entirely capable of electing someone even worse [thinking]

Now he gets to totally destroy our medical insurance system! Not that BCBS hasn't been doing this well enough by themselves without his help.

As for taking his seat, that is a scary thing to contemplate! I don't recall the legal procedure required or what shenanigans they can pull to put their handpicked henchmen into office, but I'm sure it won't be in our favor.

Having him run the <anti> gun hearings however for the Comm. on Public Safety & Homeland <in>Security was not something I was looking forward to again. Maybe they will delay the hearings until after he's gone? That really couldn't hurt us any.

The Foundation is not the insurance company.

"Now he gets to totally destroy our medical insurance system! Not that BCBS hasn't been doing this well enough by themselves without his help."

Comments like this show a lack of understanding of the health care system.

To do list:
figure out how to make health care affordable
Say no at least 30 times
Deny all Lens' claims

I say that we elect one of our own!! Run, crak, run!!

Wrong district. :(

Mine is Pat Jehlen. Elected by special election after Chuck Shannon (who helped sink the nutty Barrios amendments to the undying AWB a few years back) passed away.

Last edited:
Okay, Jarrett responded to my email and I responded back. Here's the exchange:

Jarrett: God bless, Jim, I will miss your entertaining emails.

Me: Well you know where to reach me if you need a refresher. I'm always
here for you, Jarrett. lol

Perhaps after you settle into your new career, you might find a good
gun range in your area and then begin to educate yourself. It's never
too late to turn ignorance into wisdom.

[laugh] [rofl] [laugh2]

For HIM, I fear that it is indeed too late! [rolleyes]

Jim,

You ought to USMail him a fluffer-nutter sandwich as a going away gift. Perhaps sprayed with Krylon (to preserve it) and nailed to a board as a plaque?? [devil]

Jim,

You ought to USMail him a fluffer-nutter sandwich as a going away gift. Perhaps sprayed with Krylon (to preserve it) and nailed to a board as a plaque?? [devil]

Or do what some guys did for my dad at his work. They took a conical peg from a shipping crate that had a handle on it, mounted it to a plaque and put a metal plate on it reading:

BOHICA

[laugh]

I, too, left him a going away present on his blog. On the post where the Bishops of the Catholic Church were pressing him on the anti gay marriage amendment, I wrote:

Much as I hate to agree with the Catholic Church on ANYTHING, they do have a point - the people of Massachusetts HAVE petitioned to include this amendment on the ballot. While I personally hope that the amendment is NOT ratified - I am FOR gay marriage - it is a sign of the contempt which legistraitors like Jarret Barrios hold for the people that they are supposed to represent that they will not do their duty and vote on this issue.

But this shouldn't really be a surprise to the people of Massachusetts, who voted for a rollback of the state income tax to 5% - which was ignored - and who voted for the Clean Elections act - ignored.

Stop waffling, Jarrett and either vote yea or nay.

Back
Top Bottom