Ballard Rifles

The Goose

NES Member
When I was on vacation in Cody, Wyoming I kept driving by a building with a sign that read Ballard Rifle & Cartridge Co. that was next to my motel. On our last day there my wife and I stopped in to check it out. I am really glad I did. They had the most beautiful custom made single shot rifles that I have ever seen. They make the old Ballard actions for black powder cartridges and the 1885 High Wall for just about anything else you can dream up. The manager, Steve, spent a good 45 minutes with me showing me the different models and discussing the options. God, those rifles are beautiful. I was glad my wife was with me because she stated that I definitely had to have one.

These are heirloom quality firearms and the fit and finish is remarkable. They will make any caliber from .17 to 600 Nitro Express. Steve even said that if you use a particular type of brass they will chamber it expressly for that. They will also custom make any round that you want. At the end I sprung for a $15 cap. I thanked Steve for the amount of time he spent with me and his reply was that he knew I was a customer, it might take 5 years, but he knows that I will eventually order one of his rifles and he is in no hurry. One of the high points of my vacation.

www.ballardrifles.com

When you find yourself with a new Ballard in your hands, you'll have to bring it down to Old Colony and shoot a Sheutzen match.
We're having a single shot match next weekend if you wanna learn a thing or two about SS rifles. There'll be a goodly amount of them on the firing line.
CJC

Back
Top Bottom