Optics, what's your preference for your rifles?

i do not intend to get in between you two - but it is not exactly true. well, it is true - you cannot use them, BUT, if you shooting at anything in 50-200 yds range with a 100zero, then with a 5.56 at least you are within 1.5 inches of drop, with is rather negligent. at 300yds we get to 4 inches drop. so, realistically, if you shoot at a center of 8" plate with SFP reticle - you going to hit it anyway, any magnification.

SFP reticle makes target acquisition faster. at least with arrowhead i like how it is, and if i need to use reticle measures i just dial it into 10x, it is not an issue.
You can't use facts to reason with the troll.

It's either he's way or the highway. He's someone else's problem now as I added him to Ignore on this board. he likes to run his mouth. Myself, I choose to run my guns and not my mouth.

I have yet to try a 1-10x, or even a 1-8x. I still have 1-4x that I still use, and like. I may have to enter the 21st century at some point.
i was curious myself of how i will like it, and i liked arrowhead quite a bit. especially considering the fact it was a $450 optic.

For the record, you weren't the person being asked. You butted in, and got slapped for being rude.

What is he supposed to do just be quiet? [laugh] He asked you a few questions (that might be helpful to others) I dont see that as "arguing" with you. Most people around here arent of the thin skinned toddler variety, so you might want to keep that in mind. and out of a lot of guys here PappyM3 is probably on the more polite end of the spectrum. [laugh]

You seem to act like he is curb stomping your ideas or whatever when in reality at best its a "polite disagreement" we always have those kinds of things
around here and by and large nobody takes it personal.

Protip: You ain't going to last long around here if even he managed to already get on your ignore list.

Then again this could be another delusions of grandeur tour, weve only had like 6 of those the past 2 weeks...

pets.jpg

What is he supposed to do just be quiet? [laugh] He asked you a few questions (that might be helpful to others) I dont see that as "arguing" with you. Most people around here arent of the thin skinned toddler variety, so you might want to keep that in mind. and out of a lot of guys here PappyM3 is probably on the more polite end of the spectrum. [laugh]

You seem to act like he is curb stomping your ideas or whatever when in reality at best its a "polite disagreement" we always have those kinds of things
around here and by and large nobody takes it personal.

Protip: You ain't going to last long around here if even he managed to already get on your ignore list.

Then again this could be another delusions of grandeur tour, weve only had like 6 of those the past 2 weeks...

View attachment 614872
Alex, what is stirring the pot for derailment of thread topic for $1,000 please?

Wrong assumptions. First he sniped at what the OP prefers. I had asked what you all prefer. I didn't ask what do you think that I should be preferring. Reading is fundamental. So's critical thinking.

He wasn't asking to be helpful. He was asking for ammunition with his fallacies to argue with over. A reasonable person doesn't look to argue and agrees to stop when asked.

I've had over 20 years of being desensitized, LMAO. being thin skinned is the person who sniped at me and getting his peepee slapped for it and wanting to come back at me for more to try to establish dominance. Being thin skinned is the person triggered that I was not into the LPVO. Being triggered was the person who butted in wanting to argue with me over questions I had asked someone else. I know a lot of people who fit the bill of being thin skinned. Your boy was definitely being thin skinned but hey continue on with your bias of me for standing up for myself, I guess. One can only keep telling to back off for so long before spitting in each hand and raising the black flag before slicing a throat.

A polite disagreement is MYOB and saying fair enough. It was anything but polite. He didn't do either. And he kept on ignoring when I asked him to stop. Someone not stopping until wills are bent is not being polite. You need to check your fire and adjust because that is the exact opposite of being polite, mod or no mod.

And you're most likely right if I have to defend my choices for guns on a gun board each and every time, then I probably won't last at all because god forbid I have a backbone to stand up to internet bullies. I am my own chief, therefore I decide to buy and use what's in my best interest.

Anyway, it doesn't look good for your "polite" and "mostly peaceful" member's reputation when he went ahead and picked another fight with an actual SME on another board.

As for the others, well I don't live here and have idea what edginess that you're talking about because I try to stay out of most threads. I'm a firm believer in live and let live, YMMV.

Lol so much for perspective. I read his questions to you as more of a curiosity than some kind of offense. It's not like he was asking you "But whyyyyyyy do you like green? Its horrible color!!!!" [rofl]

I'm truly struggling to see how mr. Arizona took pappy's questions so poorly. Chill the f*** out dude - it's a thread about optics and the guy is trying to understand your logic.

I think I am going primary arms 1x prism for my next optic anyways. They seem to have a good following. I do have one of their red dots already, it seems to be doing alright with the abuse that it is subjected to.

Doooo eeeet.

I'm truly struggling to see how mr. Arizona took pappy's questions so poorly. Chill the f*** out dude - it's a thread about optics and the guy is trying to understand your logic.
The thread's purpose isn't asking what kind of optics you think I should use. The thread is is for what you prefer. If this makes you struggle then that is on the both of you and not me.

So if anything, the one who needs to CHILL THE f*** OUT is the one trying to force the issue. So chill the f*** out out by heeding your own advice first.

What a stupid comment and an even more pointless post.

It was never a discussion. You can stop being melodramatic now. Sometimes the price is just the price. And sometimes the post wasn't up for debate. and was more of a presentation.

If you were to ask me about whatever rifle I was holding, I'd tell you what it was zeroed for and at what distance and what's the intended role of that rifle. At no point in time would it be okay to then have you snipe and critique.

I don't like chinesium products. It's not my lane to tell people what they should be buying instead. Or what focal plane they should get. I'm not their supervisor and where I come from it's rude because it can be easily seen as talking down to someone. If I don't like it and won't do it myself to keep from being a hypocrite, then I'd at least expect the same courtesy given.

Fun fact: I can't find one post of mine in here telling others what they should be liking or using instead.

Another fun fact: But I can find posts from just one person here who was telling me what I should like and use instead.

YMMV

Any other waste of my time dragging this out anymore?

I'd love to have an opinion on this topic, but I don't have any place to shoot that would require anything more than irons or a 1x red dot as far as distance is concerned. That said, I am very curious about Primary Arms SLx 1X prism scope and may end up picking one of those up.
I have one (red chevron-556) and it’s been GREAT! It allows me to transition from pistol to rifle without needing to put eye glasses on. Being near sighted (I think that what I am?) I can see my pistols front sight fine with out glasses but cannot see the rifle target clearly enough to know if the rifles from sight (or red dot) is anywhere nearby. The PA 1X SLX prisim works beautifully for me.

So OP got offended because Pappy said the bdc and subtensions on a SFP acss reticle are for when it’s on the highest magnification and disagrees?

No one’s questioning your choice of optic. We’re questioning your logic for choosing it.

So OP got offended because Pappy said the bdc and subtensions on a SFP acss reticle are for when it’s on the highest magnification and disagrees?

No one’s questioning your choice of optic. We’re questioning your logic for choosing it.
Cool story, not what transpired and it was a vast culmination of things, but a cool fake news story nonetheless.

You're questioning a figment of your imagination. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Any other pot stirring derailment addons to waste even more of my time? Asking because I just want to know if that this is all you have to post in here with then I may as well go ahead and ask a mod to lock it since you'd rather use it as a means to ad hominem rather than the subject of what optic you prefer for yourself.

... I just want to know if that this is all you have to post in here with then I may as well go ahead and ask a mod to lock it since you'd rather use it as a means to ad hominem rather than the subject of what optic you prefer for yourself.
hqdefault.jpg

Cool story, not what transpired and it was a vast culmination of things, but a cool fake news story nonetheless.

You're questioning a figment of your imagination. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Any other pot stirring derailment addons to waste even more of my time? Asking because I just want to know if that this is all you have to post in here with then I may as well go ahead and ask a mod to lock it since you'd rather use it as a means to ad hominem rather than the subject of what optic you prefer for yourself.
Opening question also should be more clear on what you mean by “shtf”. Are we talking riots in the city or the whole world has gone to hell?

Former: red dot + 3x magnifier
Latter: lpvo because I don’t know wth I might end up. Vortex razor with bdc reticle so I can USE THE BDC AT MAX MAGNIFICATION AS INTENDED.

Be careful what you wish for. Mods and admin are granting all kinds of wishes these days.

Seriously though, you gotta relax man, you’re wound up like a f***ing top. NES is what it is, consider it like the team room (relaxed grooming standards) vs the war room (starch and shine business). If you can’t step back and just take a breath once in a while I suspect your visit will be short lived one way or the other.

Opening question also should be more clear on what you mean by “shtf”. Are we talking riots in the city or the whole world has gone to hell?

Former: red dot + 3x magnifier
Latter: lpvo because I don’t know wth I might end up. Vortex razor with bdc reticle so I can USE THE BDC AT MAX MAGNIFICATION AS INTENDED.
Use your imagination then, whatever you want it to be.

I'm not bringing my SBR out of state. If the rule of law fell then we're getting into the weeds. Which at this point would have been then or just as now, trivial. Answer to what you see fit to then. can't get any more clearer than that but again critical thinking isn't universal and people are going to see what they want to see or in this case, read; I can be shown a a picture of a 2011 Staccato and only see a 2011 Staccato. Others will see a 2011 Staccato and instead choose to see a wasted opportunity for a Glock of some sort, an RMR, piles of magazines, several holsters, and cases of ammo. Meanwhile, I am still only seeing a 2011 Staccato.

So use your own interpretation. Some have one as a do all. Some like me have more than one and because of the NFA BS, have one for the house and state and the other for leaving the state on a family road trip. Societal collapse, all bets are off. However we are not there, it's a fantasy by tactical timmies to justify their spending habits, and if an open shooter appears nearby or a home invader, what's your go to optic that's on your go to rifle? Can't get any more simpler or CLEARER than that really.

Long range = Soule Sight.

Medium range (think up to 250 -300 yards) = Iron sights.

Close combat = I shoot from the hip. Ain't nobody got time for sh*tty sights.

I want to try a Malcolm scope.

Anyone who is anyone knows if you're going to "rock out with your c*ck out" you had better do as below to cover all contingencies.* Anything else and you're just half assing it.

1652387318838.png

*Although, if they were truly covering all contingencies they'd have 550 corded everything to secure "it" to the rifle.

Best midrange cheapo = Primary Arms . Dam impressive optic for cheap.

Best quality for <$1K = Sightron

Best $1300 optic for 1000 yds = Burris F Class

I don't spend over $1300 for an optic. My eyes are so bad I ain't worth a $2K+ NF / March / Steiner / Zeiss optic.

Strictly just my opinions.

Anyone who is anyone knows if you're going to "rock out with your c*ck out" you had better do as below to cover all contingencies.* Anything else and you're just half assing it.

View attachment 615367

*Although, if they were truly covering all contingencies they'd have 550 corded everything to secure "it" to the rifle.
Not complete without a silencer.

Back
Top Bottom