• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker Raises Alarm About Healey's New Gun Ban

Was at the Harvard pistol range Saturday shooting my G19 and one other shooter was there. He asked me what I was shooting and showed him the G19 and he was shooting a Ruger 9mm. I started ranting about the ban on Glocks and AR's in this State and he looked at me and asked what do you mean you can't buy a new Glock/AR in Ma. I started explaining about Scotty and Maura Healey and he had no idea what I was talking about, he was probably around 70yrs old. Perfect example of why we have no power.

How would he know? He probably only reads the local paper and watches some nightly news. The Boston Globe would be like reading in German to most old timers.

- - - Updated - - -

Was at the Harvard pistol range Saturday shooting my G19 and one other shooter was there. He asked me what I was shooting and showed him the G19 and he was shooting a Ruger 9mm. I started ranting about the ban on Glocks and AR's in this State and he looked at me and asked what do you mean you can't buy a new Glock/AR in Ma. I started explaining about Scotty and Maura Healey and he had no idea what I was talking about, he was probably around 70yrs old. Perfect example of why we have no power.

How would he know? He probably only reads the local paper and watches some nightly news. The Boston Globe would be like reading in German to most old timers.

So you're a big supporter of Jeannie and Maggie, two left wing liberals. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. Brown, like Baker is a politician, and they vote and govern they way their constituents tell them to hopefully. The vast majority of Ma. citizens support repressive gun control but NH doesn't. Baker and Brown are not anti-gun, they're representing the majority of Ma. citizens and we're a small minority.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're a big supporter of Jeannie and Maggie, two left wing liberals. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. Brown, like Baker is a politician, and they vote and govern they way their constituents tell them to hopefully. The vast majority of Ma. citizens support repressive gun control but NH doesn't. Baker and Brown are not anti-gun, they're representing the majority of Ma. citizens and we're a small minority.

You kind of made my point for me.
They had to f*ck us so that a democrat doesn't get in to do the same thing?

I also don't believe a vast majority of people in this state are anti gun.
You have us, then you have the hard core anti's, and then the bigger group in the middle who really don't GAF.
The politicians know this as well or we would make CA. look like a gun owners paradise right now.
There are 400 thousand gun owners in a state where some elections , like Charlie's are decided by a measly 40 thousand votes.
We CAN affect elections if we get our shit together.
The first step needs to be kicking RINO's to the curb.
They IMHO are worst that the Dems, at least the Dems will tell you they are going to screw you to your face, not play you for your vote and then screw you anyway.

You kind of made my point for me.
They had to f*ck us so that a democrat doesn't get in to do the same thing?

I also don't believe a vast majority of people in this state are anti gun.
You have us, then you have the hard core anti's, and then the bigger group in the middle who really don't GAF.
The politicians know this as well or we would make CA. look like a gun owners paradise right now.
There are 400 thousand gun owners in a state where some elections , like Charlie's are decided by a measly 40 thousand votes.
We CAN affect elections if we get our shit together.
The first step needs to be kicking RINO's to the curb.
They IMHO are worst that the Dems, at least the Dems will tell you they are going to screw you to your face, not play you for your vote and then screw you anyway.

THIS.

Also in response to rwl, I must disagree. Both Baker and Brown ARE anti-gun, they're both very much on record as such! Baker very clearly said he was perfectly fine with the Healey ban, and Brown plainly stated that he wanted to ban scary-looking rifles after Sandy Hook. There's absolutely no ambiguity in either of their positions.

what does he care, he's all set with his lifetime LTC....

what does he care, he's all set with his lifetime LTC....

I've seen old timers have a melt down in stores when they go to buy ammo with a disintegrating folded up LTC pulled out of a well worn wallet and get told it isn't valid anymore. Most of them time they end up making a crack about going to buy ammo in NH. These are guys which must have hoarded so much ammo or shot so little since the 1990s that they finally ran out 20 years later.

I have some young acquaintances (kids of my friends /kids of wifey's cousins, etc) that are approaching FID age. I make sure that they are aware of all of the BS laws in this state and how stupid they are.

Gotta start 'em young. Also helps them fight through the indoctrination of the public school systems.

"Also in response to rwl, I must disagree. Both Baker and Brown ARE anti-gun, they're both very much on record as such! Baker very clearly said he was perfectly fine with the Healey ban, and Brown plainly stated that he wanted to ban scary-looking rifles after Sandy Hook. There's absolutely no ambiguity in either of their positions. "
By OUR standards they're anti-gun but they are not far left anti-gun. They don't advocate banning all firearms and disarming the public. They're not against self defense with a firearm or anti carry and I don't think COL.Brown is advocating an AWB. Remember, he is a former Infantry Officer.

"Also in response to rwl, I must disagree. Both Baker and Brown ARE anti-gun, they're both very much on record as such! Baker very clearly said he was perfectly fine with the Healey ban, and Brown plainly stated that he wanted to ban scary-looking rifles after Sandy Hook. There's absolutely no ambiguity in either of their positions. "
By OUR standards they're anti-gun but they are not far left anti-gun. They don't advocate banning all firearms and disarming the public. They're not against self defense with a firearm or anti carry and I don't think COL.Brown is advocating an AWB. Remember, he is a former Infantry Officer.

I'm not sure how far in the hole you'd want to put yourself betting that Charlie wouldn't sign any and I do mean ANY anti gun legislation that hits his desk.
We'll all find out together after 2018 after the elections when the tards come out of the woodwork again.
At least this time I get to say I DIDN'T vote for him.

And Brown did support a total AWB .
He's an oath breaking turd just like that POS Moulton.

I'm not sure how far in the hole you'd want to put yourself betting that Charlie wouldn't sign any and I do mean ANY anti gun legislation that hits his desk.
We'll all find out together after 2018 after the elections when the tards come out of the woodwork again.
At least this time I get to say I DIDN'T vote for him.

And Brown did support a total AWB .
He's an oath breaking turd just like that POS Moulton.

As I've mentioned before the most egregious gun control has happened when a republican governor has been in the corner office. The AWB with Romney and Maura's violation of the law with her actions with Baker in the office. You're right not to trust them.

As I've mentioned before the most egregious gun control has happened when a republican governor has been in the corner office. The AWB with Romney and Maura's violation of the law with her actions with Baker in the office. You're right not to trust them.

You mean except for the omnipotent suitability clause being added to FIDs under Duval. Right? So that's one law under a Dem and one under a Rep, seems kind of even, not good but even. And since Healey's thing isn't law and the Governor can't do anything about it, regardless of D or R, you really can't say it's an R thing.

You mean except for the omnipotent suitability clause being added to FIDs under Duval. Right? So that's one law under a Dem and one under a Rep, seems kind of even, not good but even. And since Healey's thing isn't law and the Governor can't do anything about it, regardless of D or R, you really can't say it's an R thing.

I didn't say it was an R thing. I said it happened while an R was in the corner office. Something that he could have gone against but didn't. He could have stood up for the people that helped get him elected but he didn't. As Dadstoys said he will support gun control.

I didn't say it was an R thing. I said it happened while an R was in the corner office. Something that he could have gone against but didn't. He could have stood up for the people that helped get him elected but he didn't. As Dadstoys said he will support gun control.
The people who got him elected had a D next to their name and they're not big fans of AR's. Dems outnumber us at least 10-1 so politically Baker did the smart thing. Also since he had no power or authority to rescind Healey's decree he would have spent political capital he can't afford to lose. We all know Healey's stunt was tied to the DNC convention and Hillary's coronation as the next President, where Healey expected to get a job. Healey's stunt has backfired and it's all Trump's, Comey's, Bernie's and Putin's fault. Just ask Hillary.

The people who got him elected had a D next to their name and they're not big fans of AR's. Dems outnumber us at least 10-1 so politically Baker did the smart thing. Also since he had no power or authority to rescind Healey's decree he would have spent political capital he can't afford to lose. We all know Healey's stunt was tied to the DNC convention and Hillary's coronation as the next President, where Healey expected to get a job. Healey's stunt has backfired and it's all Trump's, Comey's, Bernie's and Putin's fault. Just ask Hillary.

He was already in office and he could have pointed out that AR's are not a problem and what happened in Orlando was done by someone who was govt. approved to have the weapon and the reason for the high body count was because no one there had the means to stop him and the police on the outside that did have the means took 3 hours to go in. Supposedly he knew she was going to do what she did before she did it and he could have said I don't agree with that and he could have given multiple reasons why and he could have made an effort to discourage her actions but from what we know he didn't. He only backtracked some afterwards. Either way we'll get stabbed in the back. Yes we're outnumbered because we have too many gun owners that agree with gun control and they think it works even though the majority of evidence proves otherwise.
I'm not positive but I don't believe he would have won if only D's had voted for him. Overall D's tend not to vote for R's. Baker was helped by R votes that made the difference in his win. His victory margin over Coakley was somewhere around 40,000 votes or about 1.9%

Last edited:
He was already in office and he could have pointed out that AR's are not a problem and what happened in Orlando was done by someone who was govt. approved to have the weapon and the reason for the high body count was because no one there had the means to stop him and the police on the outside that did have the means took 3 hours to go in. Supposedly he knew she was going to do what she did before she did it and he could have said I don't agree with that and he could have given multiple reasons why and he could have made an effort to discourage her actions but from what we know he didn't. He only backtracked some afterwards. Either way we'll get stabbed in the back. Yes we're outnumbered because we have too many gun owners that agree with gun control and they think it works even though the majority of evidence proves otherwise.
I'm not positive but I don't believe he would have won if only D's had voted for him. Overall D's tend not to vote for R's. Baker was helped by R votes that made the difference in his win. His victory margin over Coakley was somewhere around 40,000 votes or about 1.9%
And the anti-gun Dems in this State would have savaged him. The anti-gun lobby is very vocal and powerful in this State and the sheeple will follow along blindly. Whoever runs against Baker on the Dem side would have used that statement in their campaign adds to portray him as an NRA lackey. Just mention the NRA, assault weapons and Glocks on Beacon Hill and Dems lose their minds. They equate the NRA w/Nazi's and white supremacists, the new code word/dog whistle of the left to demean us. Healey is a darling of the left and she can do no wrong.

And the anti-gun Dems in this State would have savaged him. The anti-gun lobby is very vocal and powerful in this State and the sheeple will follow along blindly. Whoever runs against Baker on the Dem side would have used that statement in their campaign adds to portray him as an NRA lackey. Just mention the NRA, assault weapons and Glocks on Beacon Hill and Dems lose their minds. They equate the NRA w/Nazi's and white supremacists, the new code word/dog whistle of the left to demean us. Healey is a darling of the left and she can do no wrong.

If they followed along blindly how come Coakley wasn't elected? The rabid anti-gun crowd is not that big. The problem is not enough gun owners sticking together and the media pumping out lies which have swayed at least some moderates and independents into wrongly thinking that gun control makes them safer. As I said before we'll get stabbed either way because not enough of us stand up together.

If Faker is too scared to do his job, Republican committee of MA should just nominate a blow up doll.

There are many ways to call out Mora without even mentioning guns, like unilateral legislation at a whim, or more specifically that she wanted to be on Hillary's team.

Let's admit this. Gun owners of MA are not even Mora's target, they are collateral damage because she needed a bullet-point on her resume to join Illary. This is how low we sank.

If Faker is too scared to do his job, Republican committee of MA should just nominate a blow up doll.

There are many ways to call out Mora without even mentioning guns, like unilateral legislation at a whim, or more specifically that she wanted to be on Hillary's team.

Let's admit this. Gun owners of MA are not even Mora's target, they are collateral damage because she needed a bullet-point on her resume to join Illary. This is how low we sank.

This is so f**king true!

These arguments make my hair hurt.
It's like arguing that the guy that held her down for his buddy is innocent because he didn't actually do the raping.
Charlie has to screw us so he can keep his job and then a Democrat can't do the screwing.
We need a little guy shooting himself emoji .

These arguments make my hair hurt.
It's like arguing that the guy that held her down for his buddy is innocent because he didn't actually do the raping.
Charlie has to screw us so he can keep his job and then a Democrat can't do the screwing.
We need a little guy shooting himself emoji .

You are equating inaction with action. Next you'll be calling hate speech an assault.

You are equating inaction with action. Next you'll be calling hate speech an assault.

Just tell me you believe Charlie wouldn't sign any anti gun bill that hits his desk , no matter how how insane.
If and when that does happen will you be back here trying to explain how we should be happy it wasn't a Dem that signed it ?
I'm still baffled that people have convinced themselves he has any more respect for you rights than she does.
Nothing from the man in words or action has backed that assumption.

Just tell me you believe Charlie wouldn't sign any anti gun bill that hits his desk , no matter how how insane.
If and when that does happen will you be back here trying to explain how we should be happy it wasn't a Dem that signed it ?
I'm still baffled that people have convinced themselves he has any more respect for you rights than she does.
Nothing from the man in words or action has backed that assumption.

It's not that simple.
For example;
If the bill was clearly unconstitutional (and yes I do believe the Legislature would pass such a bill), then no.
If it was clearly ridiculous, and I can't think of an example right now (and you screaming its anti 2a doesn't count), then no.
But this leaves a huge grey area and the exact wording of the bill, along with whether or not the Legislature has the votes to override, will come into play.

And this brings up the simple fact that vetoing any bill that the Legislature certainly has the votes to override would be a pointless use of political capital.

Politics is a complicated game.

In NH the former Governor didn't sign the CC bill thinking the Legislature couldn't force it through and the people wouldn't hold it against her too much. She expended political capital (the support of the people) and didn't sign. But she was only half right and is now gone. In MA the majority of the voters want, or are willing to accept greater gun control. So his letter was the best Baker could do without pissing off the voters he needs to stay in office. Not to mention that had he made it an issue it is far more likely any Legislative action would not have been a positive thing.

If they followed along blindly how come Coakley wasn't elected? The rabid anti-gun crowd is not that big. The problem is not enough gun owners sticking together and the media pumping out lies which have swayed at least some moderates and independents into wrongly thinking that gun control makes them safer. As I said before we'll get stabbed either way because not enough of us stand up together.
Because Coakley, like Hillary, was a bad candidate and the left still blamed her for losing to Brown.

Baker is doing his job, we are a small minority of Ma. citizens. Why do you think pols should cater to us? There is no upside to siding with us, we are deplorable' s to the majority of m*******s.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that simple.
For example;
If the bill was clearly unconstitutional (and yes I do believe the Legislature would pass such a bill), then no.
If it was clearly ridiculous, and I can't think of an example right now (and you screaming its anti 2a doesn't count), then no.
But this leaves a huge grey area and the exact wording of the bill, along with whether or not the Legislature has the votes to override, will come into play.

And this brings up the simple fact that vetoing any bill that the Legislature certainly has the votes to override would be a pointless use of political capital.

Politics is a complicated game.

In NH the former Governor didn't sign the CC bill thinking the Legislature couldn't force it through and the people wouldn't hold it against her too much. She expended political capital (the support of the people) and didn't sign. But she was only half right and is now gone. In MA the majority of the voters want, or are willing to accept greater gun control. So his letter was the best Baker could do without pissing off the voters he needs to stay in office. Not to mention that had he made it an issue it is far more likely any Legislative action would not have been a positive thing.
correct.

- - - Updated - - -

How is he able to stand without a spine?
He's a realist, no sense shooting yourself in the foot.

Enough is enough.

True Baker is not great, but he is still better than Healy

Just like Trump may not be great, but he is much better than having Hillary.

No use bashing our current Governor and President. If you can find a better candidate than them, ones who could actually win. Go support them and stop wining.

Anyone who votes for this guy is a clown. How is having him in office any different than a Dem?

We are almost better off voting for a Dem, at least we know they don't support us ever when it comes to 2A.

Back
Top Bottom