• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker Raises Alarm About Healey's New Gun Ban

Unless the fed govt steps in, gun rights in MA are a fallacy. I won't stop hoping but really, the AG can just re-interpret us into outlaws, with no one in mass.gov standing up to be counted, how is this going to happen?

Unless the Mass judges are replaced with people willing to defend the constitution, the only other possibility is, as I said, the Feds which is scary in a different way. I am making plans to move in a few years as 2A is just some of the bullshit to deal with. Politicians giving themselves 40% raises unopposed, ballot initiatives that get voted for then discarded by the politicians, sanctuary cities/ states and welfare all point to an eventual failed state.

our republican governor actively advised the Democratic Presidential nominee in the last election. WTF?

For me, I am out in a few years.

Unless the fed govt steps in, gun rights in MA are a fallacy. I won't stop hoping but really, the AG can just re-interpret us into outlaws, with no one in mass.gov standing up to be counted, how is this going to happen?

Unless the Mass judges are replaced with people willing to defend the constitution, the only other possibility is, as I said, the Feds which is scary in a different way. I am making plans to move in a few years as 2A is just some of the bullshit to deal with. Politicians giving themselves 40% raises unopposed, ballot initiatives that get voted for then discarded by the politicians, sanctuary cities/ states and welfare all point to an eventual failed state.

our republican governor actively advised the Democratic Presidential nominee in the last election. WTF?

For me, I am out in a few years.
Sooner for me

Baker is no friend to the 2A or even the constitution itself.
He will do nothing to help us out , not now , not ever.
He ran one on us and I can accept that.
Being duped is nothing to be ashamed of , it happens to everyone at one point or another.
The difference is those who bend over for round two and those who don't.

I'm done with Baker. I will vote for the Libertarian candidate next election or just about anyone else. When he took down that Civil War monument to the Confederate soldiers who died at the Mass. prison camp that was the last straw for me. Like the post quoted above, he is no friend of the US Constitution.

as I stated before Baker is the best Republican Governor electable in this far left State, Healey would be a disaster.
If she would be total cluster**** I'd vote for her myself, but she won't do anything people in this state can't take without lube. It would be sutle changes on late Fridays when no one is paying attention.

Trump strategy worked if enough people refuse to vote for electable pukes like Bush and Rubio. It may not happen this election, but it will happen.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

The respect is mutual, we just disagree on this one. I guess I'm just hoping it can be turned around before it gets worse, although how much worse it can possibly get is the big question. We're going to have to let history decide. And you should come to the meetup tonight.

Those 1000 cuts are 1000 sensible compromises, all one sided, from our side.

42, I deeply respect you, but I disagree with you that reflecting Baker over Healy will be better off.

The crisis will come, 10 or 50 years later. I'd rather it be sooner.

NH is a great contrast. Before it devolves into New Moonbatshire, I'd rather moonbats go full regard. I know of legal challenges, and I am on the fence if they can actually change things.

Faker must be destroyed.

The respect is mutual, we just disagree on this one. I guess I'm just hoping it can be turned around before it gets worse, although how much worse it can possibly get is the big question. We're going to have to let history decide. And you should come to the meetup tonight.
We are not that far from being the worst ( I.e. California)

I'll try tonight, probably won't make it until past 7.

We are not that far from being the worst ( I.e. California)

I'll try tonight, probably won't make it until past 7.

Then just go to the restaurant. But I won't know to add you for seating. I'm leaving now.

Dude, I'm "unsuitable" due to a single arrest (dismissed) 18 years ago. I've lost my 2a rights in my home town. I'm planning on moving away from my family and friends and everything I know to get away from this BS. Don't f'ing tell me I haven't lost enough. Someday it may get better in MA, but that day will be a lot further away if Heley becomes Governor. And that will happen if all the butthurt don't get over themselves and realize there is such a thing as the lesser evil.

Governor has no authority over the AG. But the Governor can push their agenda with the Legislature provided the Legislature is supportive. And they will support Governor Healey. She'll start by codifying her re-interpretation "in an effort to clarify" the law. That will kill the NSSF suit as it is currently and they would have to start all over again (more $$$$).

I'm not happy with what baker didn't say either, but I sure as heck don't want Healey to be Governor. And anything that puts her closer is a bad idea.

We need to fined someone to run for Governor and help him/her win

He did have a chance to get on board with legislation proposed by a bi partisan group of legislators to reverse this shit.
He took a pass.
It may not have gotten through , but it made it clear what side of the line he's on.
Call me cranky , but you only get to screw me over once.

Fool me once, ...

What about Ann Gobi? SHe's democrat and pro 2a.
I suspect I will get flamed for this;. but....
ggboy

As is Senator Michael Moore, who puts on a gun training day ("First Shot") every year at our club.

I'm going to go against what everyone is saying here and say that I think Governor Baker is now handling this correctly after finding his footing.

You have to understand the political environment and that Gov Baker does not control the AG. All he can do is encourage the AG to clarify the rules, and hope that the legislature or the AG provides further clarity. I don't think there's enough law in place for the AG's definition (whatever the hell that is) to hold up. So, I think, the legislature is bound to get involved.

The governor does not write the laws and cannot wave a magic wand --- for him to operate effectively he has to operate carefully (even though many here think a sledgehammer approach is best... it isn't)

Be calm my friends. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by behaving irrationally. Irrational gun owners will give them reason to clamp down.

The fact that there was absolutely no actual ACTION to reverse this a week after it came out should tell us all that there was no way anyone was going to do anything about it.. It was allowed to happen and allowed to continue..

That is the exact outcome I fully expected given the state it occurred in.

Like mentioned before.. Baker has no control over this though if he did I firmly believe he would have signed off on it..

Just food for thought.
If in the future we get an AG who's even nuttier than she is and does something like declare a curfew for African Americans .
Any black person caught outside after 10:00 Pm will be arrested and charged.
You know , for public safety.
Does anyone think for one micro second that Charlie and the legislature wouldn't have it gone before the day was out?
They would find the God damn authority faster than speeding bullet, bet the farm on it.
This hand wringing "Golly we can't do anything about it ." is horseshit.

Just food for thought.
If in the future we get an AG who's even nuttier than she is and does something like declare a curfew for African Americans .
Does anyone think for one micro second that Charlie and the legislature wouldn't have it gone before the day was out?
They would find the God damn authority faster than speeding bullet, bet the farm on it.

Maybe. How many times have they turned things around before?

Just food for thought.

Yes, but you make the point, it must be the Legislature that does something. In the AWB reinterpretation the Legislature could have done something, but chose not to. In both cases the Governor could do nothing other than ask the Legislature to do something, which in the case of the AWB they had already made it clear they would not be doing anything.

Be calm my friends. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by behaving irrationally. Irrational gun owners will give them reason to clamp down.

There is an even better way to not shoot oneself in a foot. Drop your gun, kneel and bow. [laugh] [sad2]

I don't know, irrationality worked real well for BLM. May be if they weren't total *******s, they would accomplish even more.

Just food for thought.

EXACTLY!

All the police chiefs would line up condemning that and pledging their departments to ignore unconstitutional order. Baker would be bawling his eyes out. Obama would be here setting up beer tent ... The simple fact is, Charlie doesn't give a shit, very few do, even less so publicly. Vote according to their actions, not some tin-foil possibilities (he may have a cunning plan ... )

Yes, but you make the point, it must be the Legislature that does something. In the AWB reinterpretation the Legislature could have done something, but chose not to. In both cases the Governor could do nothing other than ask the Legislature to do something, which in the case of the AWB they had already made it clear they would not be doing anything.

You saw the thread about Florida's governor passing an emergency concealed carry order right?
Is the MA. governorship a complete eunuch position ?
If there's no authority do anything about anything then by all means let Maura have the job.
Apparently it's the AG that runs the state.

You saw the thread about Florida's governor passing an emergency concealed carry order right?
Is the MA. governorship a complete eunuch position ?
If there's no authority do anything about anything then by all means let Maura have the job.
Apparently it's the AG that runs the state.

You just keep reinforcing my point about the Governor can't do much of anything without the support of the Legislature. The FL Governor didn't pass any "order", he submitted a Bill to the Legislature who then made it a law. So the Governor didn't do anything without the support of the Legislature. BTW you too can submit a Bill to our Legislature. Just write it up and your Rep will submit it "on behalf of" you. This isn't the same as sponsoring it, it's just filing it for you. So why haven't you done this? Could it be because it wouldn't have a chance in the Legislature? And some Legislatures have already put their neck out and done this, but only those that saw it as a political advantage. The Governor hasn't endorsed or condemned these because it will not help if he does either.

The Governor is the executive position and has powers relevant to that. He also has some emergency powers, but without a declared emergency these do not come into play. He has no authority to dictate what either the AG or Legislature do. This separation of power is intentional and the foundation of our government. Do you actually want the the Governor to become a dictator and override the separation of powers? This is exactly what you are expecting him to do.

The Governor is the executive position and has powers relevant to that. He also has some emergency powers, but without a declared emergency these do not come into play. He has no authority to dictate what either the AG or Legislature do. This separation of power is intentional and the foundation of our government.

The separation of powers principle comes into play with what the AG did as well. Many believe she usurped the legislature's authority with her action of 7/20/16. What I would have liked to have seen is both the legislature and the governor immediately and forcefully condemn her for that. Didn't happen. Baker initially supported Healey's action, and then, in the face of the ensuing outrage, walked that back with a meek criticism. It was a pathetic performance by him.

Last edited:
No doubt Baker pussied on the whole thing. He always tries to play both sides. He does have limited power on what he could do though. He knows any "bill" to quash her bullshxt would have been ignored......by the legislature. The same legislature who wrote the strongly worded letter bullshxt. They run the show....Deleo, not Charlie or Maura.

Now...if he was a real Republican govenor like Lepage from Maine, he would have said, she can say whatever she wants, any businesses that are wounded by this legislation can file with the govenors office and the state will pay your legal fees, or he just could have out and out said please ignore the order and continue on with business as usual. If contacted by the AG's office please submit all correspondence to the Govenor for relief.

Not within his powers you say....well, he can say take me to court...just like she did, and it would take forever to get it figured out, but in the meantime it's business as usual. He could have done that....shaken it up..... but he's a pussy, he's got no balls.

If there is one saving grace here, we know that Healy cannot make laws by herself, and hopefully this gets removed in court and for now he's just Turtling hoping it goes away, hoping people will still vote for him.

Last edited:
He, she, the legislature and everyone else concerned and on a need to know basis were in on it TOGETHER. They rightly assumed everyone affected wouldn't even think of that. Its too depressing, but it is obviously the truth.

He, she, the legislature and everyone else concerned and on a need to know basis were in on it TOGETHER. They rightly assumed everyone affected wouldn't even think of that. Its too depressing, but it is obviously the truth.

Obviously [rolleyes]

ETA: here, you forgot this [tinfoil]

You just keep reinforcing my point about the Governor can't do much of anything without the support of the Legislature. The FL Governor didn't pass any "order", he submitted a Bill to the Legislature who then made it a law. So the Governor didn't do anything without the support of the Legislature. BTW you too can submit a Bill to our Legislature. Just write it up and your Rep will submit it "on behalf of" you. This isn't the same as sponsoring it, it's just filing it for you. So why haven't you done this? Could it be because it wouldn't have a chance in the Legislature? And some Legislatures have already put their neck out and done this, but only those that saw it as a political advantage. The Governor hasn't endorsed or condemned these because it will not help if he does either.

The Governor is the executive position and has powers relevant to that. He also has some emergency powers, but without a declared emergency these do not come into play. He has no authority to dictate what either the AG or Legislature do. This separation of power is intentional and the foundation of our government. Do you actually want the the Governor to become a dictator and override the separation of powers? This is exactly what you are expecting him to do.

It's pretty apparent your simply going to get in line on the edge of the cliff waiting for your turn to jump.
Your choice.
It's kind of like the battered wife who refuses to press charges every time the cops show up and she looks like a truck hit her.
She just sticks around for more beatings because "He loves me".
As I said in a previous post, we can have this discussion again when the ink is drying on his newly signed $10 a bullet tax or some other insane "Common sense" "Public safety" "For the children" bullshit law.
And he'll f*ck us with a smile.

The guy betrayed the people who voted him in in the blink of an eye.
In my eyes that makes him worst than her.

It's pretty apparent your simply going to get in line on the edge of the cliff waiting for your turn to jump.
Your choice.
It's kind of like the battered wife who refuses to press charges every time the cops show up and she looks like a truck hit her.
She just sticks around for more beatings because "He loves me".
As I said in a previous post, we can have this discussion again when the ink is drying on his newly signed $10 a bullet tax or some other insane "Common sense" "Public safety" "For the children" bullshit law.
And he'll f*ck us with a smile.

The guy betrayed the people who voted him in in the blink of an eye.
In my eyes that makes him worst than her.

I give up. When you get an active anti 2a Dem in the Governor's chair, who will have the support of the Legislature, you can explain to me how this helps the cause. I leave you to the hell you create.

I give up. When you get an active anti 2a Dem in the Governor's chair, who will have the support of the Legislature, you can explain to me how this helps the cause. I leave you to the hell you create.

You mean like Patrick ?
We had a combo of him and Martha.
And yet our worst butt raping to date comes under Baker's watch.
I know I'm not going to convince you of anything.
Just stating the facts as Jack Webb used to say.

You mean like Patrick ?
We had a combo of him and Martha.
And yet our worst butt raping to date comes under Baker's watch.
I know I'm not going to convince you of anything.
Just stating the facts as Jack Webb used to say.
Suitability was added to FID cards under Duval. So yes we did see additional limits put on 2a. Now any CoP can deny both an LTC and fid for virtually any reason, or no real reason. And since suitability has already been challenged in court, and it's a law not an interpretation, good luck seeing it removed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just food for thought.

Ofcourse they would .. because it not "Gunz"

Back
Top Bottom