Baffled: AR barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.
ew, do you have one of those drifting lazy eyes?? Those freak me right out!

No he won't look in my eye for fear of losing control and trying to sing unchained melody to me in front of everyone at the next open carry bbq. Creepy right?

As long as you two don't try and turn pottery together, I don't see a problem with a little serenading.

As long as you two don't try and turn pottery together, I don't see a problem with a little serenading.

....you never close your eyes, anymore...when I kiss....your liiipppsssss

Last edited by a moderator:
So anyway, to get this thread back on track, I'd say don't worry about which twist rate would be better suited for any particular application. Just buy several different uppers and carry them all in a tactical wheelbarrow. Swap them out as the situation dictates. You should probably email the guy from the Elite Team Fighter videos and get his advice as well. He's pretty switched on.

But to REALLY get this thread back on track, my personal opinion is 1:9 would be just fine for the majority of ammo that you'd be using. I am by no means an expert, though. I just read stuff online.

Hey I have an idea, how about just admit you have a crush on me so we can all just get over it when you stalk my threads?

mike, dont worry about supermoto. when i first joined this place he had a huge hardon for me also. after he brought me out for dinner, i told him he wasnt my type (a little girly, i like my men macho) he got the hint and he dropped it. maybe you should just finaly go out and see if you guys are a good fit.

anyway, i shoot 55grain through my 1/7 all the time, and i dont notice anything, not that i shoot past 200 yards with it anyway.

So anyway, to get this thread back on track, I'd say don't worry about which twist rate would be better suited for any particular application. Just buy several different uppers and carry them all in a tactical wheelbarrow. Swap them out as the situation dictates. You should probably email the guy from the Elite Team Fighter videos and get his advice as well. He's pretty switched on.

But to REALLY get this thread back on track, my personal opinion is 1:9 would be just fine for the majority of ammo that you'd be using. I am by no means an expert, though. I just read stuff online.

So the rumors about less damage are just rumors? Or not really enough to concern myself about?

mike, dont worry about supermoto. when i first joined this place he had a huge hardon for me also. after he brought me out for dinner, i told him he wasnt my type (a little girly, i like my men macho) he got the hint and he dropped it. maybe you should just finaly go out and see if you guys are a good fit.

anyway, i shoot 55grain through my 1/7 all the time, and i dont notice anything, not that i shoot past 200 yards with it anyway.

You think he's gonna ask me out soon? I have a life to live and handing out charity dates isn't in my list or priorities. Supermoto, you better hurry up and ask, I'm growing impatient, your courtship to date has been less than impressive. You wanna bag a steed like me you gotta earn it bacon boy. hahahahahaha

The 1/7 with 55gr will still do some serious damage?

So the rumors about less damage are just rumors? Or not really enough to concern myself about?

I wouldn't concern myself with it. The fact is it's 5.56mm. Regardless of your twist rate, it's still just a varmint round for all intents and purposes, so there's only so much tissue damage it will yield, especially beyond 300 yards.

I wouldn't concern myself with it. The fact is it's 5.56mm. Regardless of your twist rate, it's still just a varmint round for all intents and purposes, so there's only so much tissue damage it will yield, especially beyond 300 yards.

dont tell the marines that. [rofl]

It was a misunderstanding. I thought you were a lesbian. Driving a Subaru and your small stature it was an easy mistake

It was a misunderstanding. I thought you were a lesbian. Driving a Subaru and your small stature it was an easy mistake

Awww we all support your lifestyle here. How did the surgery go? I mean you're a real live woman now, so calling yourself a lesbian is a HUGE step in your transformation into a special snowflake.

It is a glorified poodle shooter, still capable of handling a man, supermoto likes being man-handled.

dont tell the marines that. [rofl]

Poodle shooters. Hench, why the lady is getting the 5.56 lol

Speaking of ladies.....moto go make us a few drinks....please sweetie. Thanks.

Last edited:
Awww we all support your lifestyle here. How did the surgery go? I mean you're a real live woman now, so calling yourself a lesbian is a HUGE step in your transformation into a special snowflake.

Not so well, got hit by a small yellow bus on the way there. All I remember seeing is this person in the back of the bus wearing a helmet and a Slayer shirt, licking the window. If you know who this is, please let me know, I have zombie lunch box and GI Joe doll

Not so well, got hit by a small yellow bus on the way there. All I remember seeing is this person in the back of the bus wearing a helmet and a Slayer shirt, licking the window. If you know who this is, please let me know, I have zombie lunch box and GI Joe doll

They botched the surgery? Listen I'll address everything else afterwards, but I feel terrible about your transformation into supermartha.

why not 1/8 with a .223 Wylde chamber?

also why do you need a switchblock?
erik_estrada2.jpg

Last edited:
why not 1/8 with a .223 Wylde chamber?

also why do you need a switchblock?
erik_estrada2.jpg

Lol I'm not shooting 80gr monster beasts. Long range with a stainless barrel for some target I'd do it, it's actually a pretty cool concept. I don't even know where I'd find 80+gr .223 around here.

I need a switchblock cause the duck man has one
emilio-estevez.jpg

I don't even know where I'd find 80+gr .223 around here.

You pretty much have to make your own. I don't think anyone sells factory loaded 80 grain. (It's too long to fit in an AR mag, so it's sort of a limited market sort of thing....) As far as I know the longest / heaviest bullet that will fit and still be in spec is the 77gr SMK. You can get it factory loaded from Black Hill and probably other sources. It's a nice bullet but too expensive for pinking.

You pretty much have to make your own. I don't think anyone sells factory loaded 80 grain. (It's too long to fit in an AR mag, so it's sort of a limited market sort of thing....) As far as I know the longest / heaviest bullet that will fit and still be in spec is the 77gr SMK. You can get it factory loaded from Black Hill and probably other sources. It's a nice bullet but too expensive for pinking.

If I was going to go down the super-tuned round road, it would be for a 50 beowulf. Ahhh now that's something I want

i have no problems grouping at 300 yards with M193 (55 Grain) ammo with a 16" barrel. that's pretty much the farthest you'll shoot unless you go to Nashua or Reading. just get the 1/8 and be done with it, you'll always have the option of shooting well with heavier boolits. DD makes a great 14.5" barrel with a mid-length gas system.

i have some people on block, so i can't even see what they posted.

EDIT: Timber, as always, you are correct.

this thread isn't about shooting well, building a rifle, or learning about ballistics, etc. it's about "look at me!" attention-whoring, and name calling.

Isn't that why the internet was invented?

this thread isn't about shooting well, building a rifle, or learning about ballistics, etc. it's about "look at me!" attention-whoring, and name calling.

No, it's clearly about building a rifle, ballistics, and barrels. Nothing else to it.

You and the cheer team sewing circle like making it about name calling and attention whoring if it raises your pulse above 91. Keep talking dude, I can't wait to meet you and moto. :) You won't say a word to me, like I told moto I 100% guarantee you avoid me like the plague once someone points me out to you.
You want to hold a grudge, fine, I could care less what you think about me, but don't you dare make accusations about me. Once again, you and moto trying to lock a thread of mine. I'm the 25 year old joker, and it looks like you're the one that needs growing up. You want to have a gossip hour do it on your own time and don't F*ck up threads, you have a problem with me say it on PM's or to my face, which I highly doubt you will do.

Let's stay on topic. You and your girlfriend moto can go be miserable. I bet there's a forum for mid-life-crisis menopausal men that can't deal with outspoken people without blowing a damn O-ring.
and just when I thought you and I were halfway getting along, you gotta be the caped crusader and rescue bacon-boy.

I guess this rules 30 gr DBL HP right out then.

Last edited:
I think that Supermoto is referring to the fact that the Noveske Switchblock if for suppressed rifles. If you are in MA, there is no way you can get a suppressed rifle. I thought you were going to SBR your zombie upper?
That's what makes it so funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom