• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AZ Sheriff Joe Arpaio to Militia: We Will Shoot You. By Accident.

One, offer useful info to the topic. Two, learn to grow a pair and not be sheep.

Martlet has a point. Everyone is ready for go-time, mags loaded with shitty ammo with shitty ARs, Red Dawn on repeat , and an opinion only when they approve of subject content.

Couch commandos.

that may be the case but I thought this thread was far from a "go-time" thread unless I missed something (and I very well may have)

I don't have a problem with the others because other people making posts like that weren't calling anyone out for not contributing anything like you did...

and yes your first point is very accurate, you are ok with the system that ultimately granted liberties and leeway to police, I am not.

and I am the sheep?

Right. Your double standards are ok.

Got it.

One, offer useful info to the topic. Two, learn to grow a pair and not be sheep.

Martlet has a point. Everyone is ready for go-time, mags loaded with shitty ammo with shitty ARs, Red Dawn on repeat , and an opinion only when they approve of subject content.

Couch commandos.

Sheep_4ebd5f_967599.gif

I read in my research that Arizona has a defensive display law that allows citizens to show that they are armed if in fear of an attack. Wouldn't that be all this man needs to be deemed innocent?

that may be the case but I thought this thread was far from a "go-time" thread unless I missed something (and I very well may have)

It's been a long time coming. I've seen a few members in this thread claim that they're ready for anything, trained , able to handle tense situations etc etc.

While I don't think personal insults are always the best thing to apply to an open wound, some of you in here really need a reality check. xtry51s post on this page summed up my position on the topic so I really don't have much to add to that.

The NES bandwagon hatred bullshit really is getting annoying and out of hand. But whatever , sorry I'm not sorry for agreeing with martlet.

Heh. Oh the irony.

He's a troll , I tend to not feed trolls.

Last edited:
It's been a long time coming. I've seen a few members in this thread claim that they're ready for anything, trained , able to handle tense situations etc etc.

While I don't think personal insults are always the best thing to apply to an open wound, some of you in here really need a reality check. xtry51s post on this page summed up my position on the topic so I really don't have much to add to that.

The NES bandwagon hatred bullshit really is getting annoying and out of hand. But whatever , sorry I'm not sorry for agreeing with martlet.
no apologies needed, I don't get butthurt, people can disagree with me all day every day. I like a good debate and was trying to have one on the double standards of police upholding the law by unlawfully arresting others who are trying to uphold the law.

instead all we got was this lousy argument completely off the subject

People might have agreed with him if he posted the extra info not found in the OP. But instead of adding he sat back and trolled around. And yes, NES has a lot of couch commandoes.

People might have agreed with him if he posted the extra info not found in the OP. But instead of adding he sat back and trolled around. And yes, NES has a lot of couch commandoes.

Right. It's insane for me to expect other people to actually research a subject instead of just going off the crap people posted before hopping on the anti-government train.

Uh, where is the deluge of "go-timers" in this thread? Martlet imagined it.

He played cop , PSGWSP IMHO.

And like xtry said.

Like I said. Long time coming. NES has needed an enema for months now. ****ing statists and apologists are multiplying by the dozens. Independent thought is almost frowned upon around here. Everyone got butthurt by martlet and gave it back. No one asked them to. If he was trolling I'd say he was in the wrong. Doesn't look like trolling to me.

Last edited:
Right. It's insane for me to expect other people to actually research a subject instead of just going off the crap people posted before hopping on the anti-government train.

Not at all. But if you are going to bitch at them about it...show them the data!

He played cop , PSGWSP IMHO.

And like xtry said. That shouldn't be the local PDs responsibility to protect and secure the border.

this is a good topic for discussion and it has nothing to do with "go time" in my opinion
and it could have been a good discussion if it didn't get derailed

Not at all. But if you are going to bitch at them about it...show them the data!

My view is why bother? People are content to latch on and defend information given by others. They're sheep. My point isn't about the information. The information doesn't really bother me. The sheep bother me more.

Best case scenario: I present facts that show they're idiots. They simply shut up and leave the thread, only to return bleating in another thread with a completely different set of "facts" that they so desperately want to be true.

It's like groundhog day here.

Absolutely false. We grant police the power to do things citizens can't. Right or wrong, we do. Watch your neighbor break into a car then go tackle him, throw him in cuffs and take him to your house. Detain him there until you can get him in front of a judge. Let me know how that works out for you.

"Hey Bubba, let's dress up like the Army and go sit on the side of the road looking for drug dealers."
"Hell yeah! That smells like FREEEEDDDDOOOOOMMMMMM."

- - - Updated - - -

So you're ok with people hiding in the bushes on the side of the road and ambushing a vehicle because they think it belongs to a drug dealer?

Keep your version of freedom, please. I want none of it.

There's more to whats going on down there than alot of wanna be cowboys.
There is some scary crap happening.
The same a-holes that are leaving beheaded bodies hanging from overpasses are paying visits to this side of the border.
People in isolated ranches are waking up dead, and some border towns are turning into war zones.
The Sheriffs don't have the manpower and Obummer and company are whistling dixie.
When the Govt. leaves you hanging out on your own, whats YOUR next move?

Exactly. I find it rather amusing that I've personally seen at least 3 members thread-follow Martlet and then call him out/troll him. I wonder when the first leg humping occurred..

If someone says something stupid or calls me out, I could give a shit unless it's a fact. So why is it that sheep get upset when they read Baaahhhhh? Anyone ? Anyone?

Anyways , yes I don't want this thread closed so lets continue talking about what happened in the article.

My view is why bother? People are content to latch on and defend information given by others. They're sheep. My point isn't about the information. The information doesn't really bother me. The sheep bother me more.

Best case scenario: I present facts that show they're idiots. They simply shut up and leave the thread, only to return bleating in another thread with a completely different set of "facts" that they so desperately want to be true.

Agree with you there. But there are a few who do base their opinions on the facts as they know them. Just like someone has an initial impression that they have to reassess after getting more info.

Last edited:

for the record less than half of the 8 links I read say he thought the sheriff was a drug dealer, and the only quote attributed to the suspect was the one where he said he thought a crime was in progress.

and even if 100% of the ones were the same as the one you posted, it had nothing to do with the discussion we were having. I really have no interest if the suspect thought the officer was a drug dealer, child molester or tax evader.

he felt threatened, the officers were admittedly acting as criminals initially and everything unfolded as you would expect it to in that type of situation up until the arrest for "assault"

I don't see a criminal act here

So not agreeing with Marlet = sheep?

Marlet says the guy got what was coming to him because he tried to play policeman. Other people disagree. Marlet trolls.

he felt threatened, the officers were admittedly acting as criminals initially and everything unfolded as you would expect it to in that type of situation up until the arrest for "assault"

He didn't "feel threatened". He was looking specifically for that type of situation. Sitting in your home and having the sheriff barge through the door? That's threatened. Hiding beside the road waiting for someone to point a gun at? That's threatening.

Probably not staking out roads looking for drug dealers and pointing guns at sheriffs.
I don't think he knew he was a sheriff ahead of time

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't "feel threatened". He was looking specifically for that type of situation. Sitting in your home and having the sheriff barge through the door? That's threatened. Hiding beside the road waiting for someone to point a gun at? That's threatening.
were they waiting and hiding or paroling and hid when hearing a vehicle approach?
I don't know, I wasn't there

is the guy a wannabe playing cop? most likely
did he deserve to get arrested? I disagree

So not agreeing with Marlet = sheep?

Marlet says the guy got what was coming to him because he tried to play policeman. Other people disagree. Marlet trolls.

Martlet said if you hide in the woods pointing guns at cops, then someone says "if you hide in the woods pointing guns at cops you're likely to get ventilated", that person is 100% correct and it isn't newsworthy.

I was going by facts in the article you posted when I said he felt threatened, but you must have some others that I am not aware of that said he wasn't feeling threatened at all

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree that he is lucky he did not get shot, for reasons stated above, drawing on someone who is armed is a good way to get shot

is the guy a wannabe playing cop? most likely
did he deserve to get arrested? I disagree

For walking up on the cop? No. Likely what happened after contact contributed equally to his arrest.

Speculation on my part, just as everything else here is. Every account I've seen said the guy refused to put down his weapons after the sheriff identified himself. That, in my book, doesn't raise my blood pressure if it leeds to an arrest.

Back
Top Bottom